It's times like this when I need a man.

Lucid confusions & confessions by Doreen Peri.

Moderator: Doreen Peri

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

It's times like this when I need a man.

Post by Doreen Peri » May 17th, 2008, 11:51 am

You should see me trying to move a 300 lb treadmill from one spot in the house to another.

And I'm a pretty darn strong lady.

I think this is the biggest con of all. I need to talk to some lesbians and see how they do it. Women aren't built to do the type of physical work men can do. I AM strong but I need help. Male help.

And it pisses me off.

westcoast

Post by westcoast » May 17th, 2008, 11:53 am

I know, it's a huge pain! Wish I could help but.... my back... lol

Indeed, Doreen. Call up the local - LESBOS MOVERS CO.

;)

~westie

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 17th, 2008, 12:16 pm

westie and gypsy

It's taken me 2 hours to do this job.

I had to move my bed, dresser and trunk in the bedroom in order to fit the darn thing in there. Each piece I moved, I'd have to take several breaks before I got it to it's final destination. Now I am in rearrange mode #2. The first place I put the treadmill didn't work so I had to start all over. Well, not really totally. At least the treadmill was IN the room I wanted it in when I started.

Anyway, I bet a man could have done this job in 10 minutes. Less. I'm 2 hours into it and it's still not done.

One of God's Little Jokes. Men get muscles. We get brains. Shrug. What can ya do? ;) (joke, ok?)

I bet you money the lezzies have men to help them, westie. Women have to!

And gypsy? A dolly can't move a treadmill. But thanks for the suggestion.

westcoast

Post by westcoast » May 17th, 2008, 12:34 pm

good grief! take your time. take a pain killer!

i know. it bugs me too, a lot, when i can't easily do stuff like that.

worth the while to have your place rearranged, just be careful :)

~westie

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 17th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Thanks, westie!

It's done! Whew!

I'm such a complainer.

What a bitch I am.

:)

This thread will probably vaporize shortly.

Need to go out for a bit.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 17th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Well if a dolly won't do it get yourself a Johnson Bar, you can move anything with that.

You know I have heard this conversation about needing a man so many times so many ways. The other night it was about opening jars. One advantage of being a man I suppose you can open a jar wiithoug asking for help.

I remember struggling so hard to open a got dam jar for silent woman. Finally she took the jar from me and gave it a smart smack on the bottom, which breaks the vacuum holding the lid and she opened it just like that.

I can only think on a couple of benefits of being born in this male meat, and strength is not one of them.

I had good intentions for that DD sock puppet, inspired by women who seemed to have no interest in trading on their looks with men.

She was a big woman, a teamster brother, the boys did not want her around, this is when a woman in a freight haulers local was a very very rare event. Maybe it is different now. They made sure she got the worst kind of freight to unload. A fifty five gallon drum of paint weighs about seven hundred pounds, they would send her to places where the drums had to be rolled off by hand. What you do is you tip them slightly and roll the slanted drum on its bottom rim. THe trick is how to tip them up on the bottom edge. You can't push them up, no normal person could, male or female. You have give them kind of a sudden reverse jerk with the heels of your hand. Like karate punch kind of. All my teamster brothers standing around laughing at her struggles. I took compassion and showed her how to do it.

She wasn't batting her eyelashes at anybody trying to get them to help.
I got good karma with sisters, teamsters or not.
Last edited by gypsyjoker on May 17th, 2008, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Rice

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

westcoast

Post by westcoast » May 17th, 2008, 12:51 pm

you are a sweetheart Jack :) i'd love to see you write a short story on that. you could write it from her perspective.

Doreen, good stuff! enjoy the new look and convenience :)

~w

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 17th, 2008, 1:30 pm

I just did write a short story. At least from my perspective.

Westie asked:
i'd love to see you write a short story on that. you could write it from her perspective.
Did you see As Good As It Gets?
Dishy Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability
Last time I tried to do that, write from her point of view I got nauseous, I got so disembodied. .

D , sorry I get so litteral. I am just in a point in my life where I need all the sisters I can get. Don't want to get into a lot of family shit, but it seems like my sister got the shitty end of the stick in her childhood. She gets in these black moods, it seems so imperative that we communicate and it helps me kick this stuff around with you,,, gender differences I mean.

There is an interesting article by Tom Wolfe called "Sorry, But Your Soul Just Died". This bit

caught my eye
The most prominent feminist in America, Gloria Steinem, went on television and, in an interview with John Stossel of ABC, insisted that studies of genetic differences between male and female nervous systems should cease forthwith.
Sorry But Your Soul Just Died
The Wolfe article above is ten years old.

There was an interesting follow up article this week in the newspapers by David Brooks, it is called Neural Buddhists
Free Rice

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 17th, 2008, 2:03 pm

I got to listen to her with all my heart, I got to channell her father to her. Spooky the expression on her face the set of her jaw, I see crazy mike.

not that this thread is really about gender differences and strong backs and weak minds.

I know penis envy when I hear it. :wink:

fifteen minutes to move all that shit?
I am glad I ain't your beast of burden.

I could use a woman, but I can move my own furniture I suppose that is the primary benefit of being a man..

what can I see/say D
so real jack
So hard to hear for a man
what is going on behind the spining wheels of her thoughts
women hear each other better
but what's a brother to do
except try

I appreciate your tolerance of my rambling ways
it's high jack again
I don't know
write this to you
writing to myself
there wasa book once called my mother my self
I could write a sequel maybe
mysister myself
Free Rice

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 17th, 2008, 4:43 pm

doreen wrote
Anyway, I bet a man could have done this job in 10 minutes. Less. I'm 2 hours into it and it's still not done
that beast of burden crack did not come off as funny as I thought at the time,
Moving all that stuff in ten minutes
I am just saying you sure don't need an old man.
Free Rice

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 17th, 2008, 4:50 pm

I exaggerate sometimes. Seriously, I think a man could have done the job in a half an hour. I could only move the bed and dresser, for instance, one inch at a time from the left, one from the right, etc... until I got it there.

Thanks for all your input to this thread. Good reading. I was going to delete it, but I'll leave it up.

May come back to it later this evening.

Off to shop for the wedding.

My nephew is getting married the same day Ronnie is ... the 24th.

She got herself a good man! ;) A strong one, too. heh

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 17th, 2008, 5:11 pm

I was going to delete it, but I'll leave it up.

Probably a kindness if you had deleted it.

Sorry

I started this up on another thread, I realized I was going way off on a tangent.
Nothing to do with you.
She got a good man I think,
my sister I mean
but god it is so weird to me
a husband and a wife
some can
some can't
tit for tat
even the score
it is all about power it seems
Free Rice

Return to “Infinity Sideways”