apples vs. ideas

Lucid confusions & confessions by Doreen Peri.

Moderator: Doreen Peri

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

apples vs. ideas

Post by Doreen Peri » November 4th, 2009, 1:25 pm

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples, then you and I will each have an apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » November 4th, 2009, 1:36 pm

I've got an idea about that one Doreen.
My idea is I've been thinking about re-reading some already read by me books. What's yours, so we can have two?
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 4th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Good idea, Dame! Which one are you thinking of rereading first?

I have an idea. I'm going to submit some of my poetry to the New Yorker Magazine.

:)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 4th, 2009, 3:37 pm

I have a better idea. I'm going to get a few copies of the New Yorker since the new poetry editor took over. I looked this up recently. I forgot his name but I'll find it again.

Then, I'm going to study the new poetry editor's poetry as well as the poetry styles he's selected for the magazine and I'm going to write some new poems especially to submit to the New Yorker.

Write to fit. This is a great idea! Glad I thought of it.

I also like your idea very much and I'm thinking of reading a book I haven't read in a long time but I just have to think of which one. Hmm... Maybe John Barth. I used to really like John Barth. "Lost in the Funhouse" ... I think that's a collection of short stories I read years ago and have on my shelf somewhere.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » November 5th, 2009, 12:22 am

I was going to re-read The Great Gatsby. After seeing trucker's post on it, I picked up the book to get a quote, then decided I could re-read a book like that one.

Submit if it interests you.

I'm a failure at braving to submit, personally. I think it's a fear they'll not 'get' me. Most wouldn't, and I've anxieties about it because I'm a confessional writer, methinks. They're mostly letters made into poems for somebody I've gone on to create up in my head. He existed once, then he's left me since. So I just create to prolong the pretend tender moments as if it was still to go on. The New Yorker would tell me to eat yellow snow.

I did brave submitting once. It went sour quickly, I hadn't began by following the golden rules. Freaks me out. I guess I'll just put it all in a poetry book someday, pop it in the mail and close my eyes till it's over, somehow.

Doreen in the New Yorker, though has a good ring to it. A good feel, too. Do it up and they'll be right on your tail to snag ya, shot gun wedding style. In other words, instantly is how I mean it. Go get em' girl.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Infinity Sideways”