I'm afraid ....

Lucid confusions & confessions by Doreen Peri.

Moderator: Doreen Peri

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

I'm afraid ....

Post by Doreen Peri » October 15th, 2010, 7:04 pm

I'm afraid I lost my temper. Shame on me. Oh well. At least I did it politely.

still.trucking

Re: I'm afraid ....

Post by still.trucking » October 15th, 2010, 7:15 pm

I wish I had not showed my @ss a couple days ago at the post office. I did not do it politely.

If you were polite you did it better than me :oops:

I love that NASCAR expression "he showed his ass" So expressive/. reminds me of baboons.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 15th, 2010, 9:16 pm

I didn't curse,
I didn't swear,
I wasn't even crass.
In a softer light,
I spoke polite
and didn't show my ass.
No NASCAR ride
with me inside,
I didn't even miss it.
And no, no show
of ass - (although
I implied that she
could kiss it.)

:mrgreen: :lol: :D :P :shock:

Seriously, though, I really do not enjoy losing my temper. I must be on edge. But I hope you went postal on those postal dudes, 'truckin'! ;)

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » October 15th, 2010, 9:29 pm

A painfull recollection, I saw myself a moment after it happened, and just shook my head in disgust that I had acted such a fool...not a postal worker someone in the parking lot taking two spaces.

I know you kept your cool like Kathryn Hepburn would. There is a famous line from one of her movies I can't think which one it was, one of my mother's favorites.
In the movie KP was more upset with herself for getting angry at another woman then she was angry at the other woman. If that makes any sense.

Good night Doreen

I wish I could remember that line, I can almost hear my mother repeating it.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 15th, 2010, 10:01 pm

yeah i'm pretty darn pissed off at myself for getting pissed off... then again... i was pissed off.. ;) That was very apropos what you said.

I love Kathryn Hepburn... she's on my idols list.

But it wasn't so bad as sometimes when I've gotten pissed off where i feel like my spirit leaves my body and i'm sitting up in the corner of the ceiling looking down at myself shaking my head saying, "calm down, you dummy!"... which sounds like what you're describing at the post office. I hate it when that happens.

I think at times like that, ice cream is the ticket. Ice cream seriously solves almost every problem there is.

I was thinking we should ship a boatload of ice cream to afghanistan and several truck loads of ice cream to the white house.

And other places. Lots of other places need ice cream.

Gnight Jack!

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 16th, 2010, 12:08 am

and while we're talking Katharine Hepburn - i have to contribute to that group recall. Just the other day, I suggested a friend of mine dress up as Katharine for Hallowe'en (which we don't celebrate in Israel, but still the sync felt so strong that i insisted she consider it).

no one got mad. no one lost their temper. we merely zoomed into the KH meme.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 17th, 2010, 9:56 am

Ms. Kate has always been one of my most major idols and I don't do idols lightly. "Celebrity" status is not what I mean. By my idol list, I mean I have a mental list (and really should write them down) of all the well-known people who I would LOVE to know in person and also would want to learn a lot from. Katharine Hepburn is on that list.

She was a strong, vital, gorgeous woman, with an abundance of talent, the fortitude to speak her mind and, though the characters she played most likely typecast her as the same, that's fine with me because she is the type of woman I admire. Not only strong, assertive, extremely intelligent, but also feminine and gorgeous at the same time, in addition to being quite REAL, in the sense that she was relaxed, confident, never put on any airs.

Add to that that she was FUNNY... a comedian on top of being a fine actor!

One of my sister's and I have a lot in common in many respects. Many close to identical tastes.

But what I can't figure out is why, on the issue of women we admire, she excludes 2 women I admire very much.

The other one is Diane Sawyer. What a gorgeous, intelligent, fabulous woman, with journalistic writing skills, confidence, etc. I have a long list (in my head) of women I admire but these are just two of them, for different reasons than each other.

About Diane Sawyer, my sister says, "OMG, you like Diane Sawyer? You're kidding! I can't watch her. I hate her. I turn the TV off."

About Kathryn Hepburn, my sister says, "OMG, you like Katharine Hepburn? I can't watch her. Sure, some of the movies were funny but that was because of Cary Grant and Spencer Tracey and others. Kathryn Hepburn is on my OTHER list. Not the idol list."

hahahaha :D

judih, that's pretty cool ... I hope your friend decides to dress up like Kate. I'd dress like her every day if I could afford it. Hell, I'd even take up golf.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 17th, 2010, 12:33 pm

~ I'm afraid ....
of being homeless again.
Attachments
akhmatova.jpg
Anna Akhmatova, another idol of mine.
akhmatova.jpg (27.29 KiB) Viewed 2520 times

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 17th, 2010, 12:48 pm

Image Source

"If you can't give me love and peace, then give me bitter fame...."
Attachments
altman-akhmatova.jpg
Portrait by Nathan Altman of Anna Akhmatova, 1914
altman-akhmatova.jpg (53.86 KiB) Viewed 2518 times

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 18th, 2010, 12:30 pm

Beautiful paintings! I wish I could paint like that. Stunning. Especially the second one. When I free up my time, I'm going to become a famous painter and travel the world to show my work. I have big plans.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » October 18th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Wow I like that icon.

"I would rather be thin than famous" jack k quoted from geezer memory.

You a famous artist to me now D.

I am going to one day be a teacher, go back and get a degree in education when I am seventy four. That is my dream.
Attachments
doreicon.jpg
doreicon.jpg (37.57 KiB) Viewed 2511 times

Free Rice

Return to “Infinity Sideways”