Atoms, Pixels, God, Infinity, Timepieces and Mobius Strips.

Lucid confusions & confessions by Doreen Peri.

Moderator: Doreen Peri

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Atoms, Pixels, God, Infinity, Timepieces and Mobius Strips.

Post by Doreen Peri » October 18th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Recently, I was asked the question, "Is the universe infinite?" I'm sure I was asked because of my expertise on the topic so I will share my answer in case any of you are wondering what the facts are. Please note that these are just scientific observations without definite conclusions. Conclusions are drawn infinitely. They continually change.

So to answer the question, "Is the universe infinite?", I replied with the following:

God is an atom. God is a pixel. The definition of infinity is a sleepless night when your neighbor's dog won't shut the heck up and given the fact that dog is god spelled backward, perhaps this observation is significant. Arf arf arf. Forever.

Of course, the word ARF is also an anagram of FAR. And FAR, (though a very short word), is also an extremely long word because it's a comparison measurement compared to NEAR. Nearly as far as I can tell, all that exists has always existed but is in perpetual change. There was no beginning. There is no end. Eight is the symbol for infinity sideways. So if you really want to uncover the meaning of infinity, it's much easier to study the figure 8. It goes on forever just like a mobius strip and is easier to study than the symbol for infinity which, unfortunately, is lying down taking a rest because it's been around for so damn long.

The galaxy is one big atom. The atom is one small galaxy. It's all the same, yet different. I've been calculating the diameter of a quark. In addition, I've been doing space-time continuum experiments on Einstein's behalf. He hired me to do the experiments many years ago before he died when he met me in the future. He paid me in watches. Timepieces. Clocks. I have them stored somewhere in the basement. Still, they continue to click as if nothing has happened since but it has. Though, it's quite clear, that time itself is immeasurable.

In order to determine whether the universe is infinite, I suggest running backwards every day about 2 miles. Walking works, too, but running backwards is faster. When you do that, you'll become attached to the mobius strip of time itself and end up back where you started in the future before you ever got here. You were probably Atom in the garden of Even. Atom and Even. It's very simple really.

And so, the answer to the question, "Is the universe infinite?", is definitely yes. And no. And maybe. All depending on when you started but since you started prior to the beginning anyway since there is no beginning and will end up on the other side of time at the end of the end, though there really is no end at all, I'll see you last year and we'll discuss it. The next time I see you after that will be before we were both born.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: Atoms, Pixels, God, Infinity, Timepieces and Mobius Stri

Post by Doreen Peri » November 17th, 2010, 6:48 pm

stupid piece of writing. it makes no sense. totally idiotic.

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » November 23rd, 2010, 9:05 pm

Oh BAH! It's great. I enjoyed reading this! And I read it all...

so who's idiotic now? ...so who's bogus now!?!

Don't answer that! :shock:

I thought you came off very intelligent in this piece
and I was wondering why I am such a fool! :P
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 27th, 2010, 10:46 pm

It's just a piece bordering on the ridiculous. I made the whole thing up as I went along, of course. There is no mobius strip except the one that's wrapped around my frontal lobe. But I do appreciate you reading it. I thought it was hilarious at the time when I wrote it and was seriously considering stand-up comedy as my new job but .... sigh.... then I read it again a couple of weeks later and realized it was stupid and nobody was laughing but me and my frontal lobe.

:D

heh....

thanks for reading this and commenting ... I just luv ya!

Return to “Infinity Sideways”