Gala the Word Wench & the Rally to Restore Sanity

Lucid confusions & confessions by Doreen Peri.

Moderator: Doreen Peri

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Gala the Word Wench & the Rally to Restore Sanity

Post by Doreen Peri » October 31st, 2010, 3:39 pm

Gala the Word Wench from Arcanum Cafe (aka as Lisa) and her daughter, Desi, came to visit me over the weekend. She and her daughter and my daughter and my daughter's friend and I all went downtown to the Rally to Restore Sanity in DC.

We had a great time! DC was packed! There was a huge turnout!

Just thought I'd mention it since some of you also go to Arcanum Cafe and may know Gala (Lisa). It was very cool to meet her after all these many years (I've known her online for 8-10 year probably)

stilltrucking

Re: Gala the Word Wench & the Rally to Restore Sanity

Post by stilltrucking » October 31st, 2010, 4:44 pm

I wish I could have been there.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » November 1st, 2010, 12:24 am

sounds like you were a respectably large entourage. will there be photos?
pungent quotes?
sideline comments?

edit: i'm back! just saw some shots on facebook. But now i ask: are there shots of any of you that you want to post?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 1st, 2010, 11:00 am

It was huge! ... DC was packed with people! CNN estimates 215,000... i suspect 2x that many... hell, might have been a million. I don't know what method they use to count them but historically, news sources report low estimates of numbers of people who attend political rallies (and in this case, it really was a comedy show with political overtones and with music, except for Jon Stewart's closing speech which was definitely political, about uniting the country and avoiding the fear propaganda). The theme throughout the event of UNIFYING people and quit buying into the scare tactics was clear. The division of the country is ridiculous.

Wish both of you, Jack & Judih ... could have been there. It was definitely a memorable experience.

Other than the crowd shots which I posted on facebook (and I may post them here, too), we really didn't spend much time taking photos of each other.

The night before, we had dinner, talked, listened to music, and read a few poems to each other, plus exchanged books .... somehow it didn't dawn on me to take photos of each other... we really should have thought of that. I have a couple but we're in the crowd so nothing to show really other than the crowd & stage shots.

Return to “Infinity Sideways”