i thought it would feel different

Lucid confusions & confessions by Doreen Peri.

Moderator: Doreen Peri

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

i thought it would feel different

Post by Doreen Peri » November 12th, 2010, 6:06 pm

I thought it would feel sort of different after filling out the unemployment form today... but sorta feels the same since i haven't been paid since May anyway.
lol :shock: :P :D :mrgreen:

Gonna have to learn to live on dried leaves and berries. It'll get me through the winter.

stilltrucking

Re: i thought it would feel different

Post by stilltrucking » November 12th, 2010, 8:22 pm

When I was between jobs I always felt disorientated.
I hope it will be very temporary. Looking for a job is a job.

I hope you get some of the back pay you are owed. Man it sounds like "theft of services" to me, but I don't know the details.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 13th, 2010, 1:46 am

thx jack..

i'm a little disoriented
but have been for quite some time
so it's not like it's new... recourse costs ..
just like reason or rhyme, so there's
not much i can do

no attorneys have my back
'cause i don't have the stack
of bills to see it through.
and so i do the best i can do
and send my heartfelt
thanks to you

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 13th, 2010, 11:21 am

I drank vodka last night. I haven't drank for months and months because I had been sick and on the medical treatment. I shouldn't have done it.

This morning I not only feel disoriented, I feel ill.

And I didn't even drink that much. Just a couple of teeny martinis.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 13th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Maybe you should have used more olives?

1968 I think the last martini I drank.
I used to have a life full of money love and dreams
I worked in an office in Bethesda where the boss would send a little cart down the hall loaded with booze for us everyday.

Funny thing is I been thinking about martinis for a couple of days now. Something about an olive soaked in gin that is so delicious.
I worked in an office in Bethesda where the boss would send a little cart down the hall loaded with booze for us everyday.
Is it just me or that a very awkard sentence? There must be a better way to say what I meant.

Like that avatar a lot, have I seen it before, I think so?
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (43.23 KiB) Viewed 2435 times

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » November 13th, 2010, 6:57 pm

I traded in my vodka for southern comfort.
Used to go with cranberry and vodka,
but switched it up
and tastes great to me.

I can only handle a drink or two before my cheeks feel hot already,
play it safe.

May you get the job you've a naturalness for, or liking to learn, some pleasure in it.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 15th, 2010, 11:38 pm

I was drinking a vodka martini the other night. Gin doesn't agree with me. Looks like vodka doesn't agree with me any more either. :P

Jack, the avatar is from a child's drawing at an art show at the school. I wish I could draw so well! What type of work did you do in Bethesda? My sister moved to Bethesda. I like Bethesda. I used to take ballet at the Maryland School of the Ballet in Bethesda.

Dame, Years ago, I used to indulge in Southern Comfort occasionally. I was pretending to be Janis Joplin. Did I ever tell you that I actually met her in person standing by the stage at Merriweather Post Pavilion on my 16th birthday? She gave me a sip of her Southern Comfort. I was jaw-dropped in awe. She was one of my idols. I wanted to dress like her & sing like her. And so, I guess when I got a little older, I bought an occasional Southern Comfort to be like her. Who knows? Glad I never died like her. How tragic.

Thank you both for your well wishes. This is all so new. I've been working for the same people for 11 years. Almost feels like a divorce. It's supposed to be a furlough until the first of the year. We'll see how it goes.

I am definitely looking for other work. It's hard to find work at my age. I'll probably have to start my own business again. That's OK. Except for the price of insurance. Gotta have medical insurance, yanno?

I wish there were jobs in the arts. All the arts jobs are volunteer jobs. I don't get it. Even with grant money & other types of funding, arts establishments don't have money to pay employees? Something's wrong with this picture.

If I could ever figure out how to start a company that would assure that artists could do what they love to do and get paid for it, that's the company I would want to start.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 16th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Do they still hire harlots at my age? Or am I too late?

Just wondering what the market's like these days.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 17th, 2010, 8:56 am

Oh yes, gimme that old time religion. Them cats in the old testament loved their harlots.
Restoring the ‘Self’ and the
‘Harlot by the Side of the Road’:
A Self-Psychological Analysis of
the Story of Tamar
Professor Gila Safran-Naveh

Prologue

Imagine being in your empty office one sunny afternoon. A knock on your door brakes abruptly the stillness of the day. You get up lazily to open the door and there she stands. An exotic-looking woman framed by the walnut structure of the open door, stares at you insistently. A dark mane of wild hair flows freely around her velvety olive-skin. Her brightly colored veil moves down her young and voluptuous body. Without waiting to be asked in, the woman bursts into your office and sits down with a long sigh in your favorite leather chair. Ignoring your bewilderment, she proceeds to gathers up her long skirt, made up of carefully chosen rectangular patches of red, yellow, and violet silk. She looks vengefully into some unknown distance. A clover and musk oil satchel divides her glistening breasts. Unperturbed by your silence, she says softly, as if speaking to herself: "I can take care of myself, you know. I do not need your help, I need nobody’s help. I came to you just in case. My name is Tamar and this is my story:"
http://www.selfpsychology.com/papers/safran-naveh.htm
Another interesting book
Attachments
harlot.jpg
ANOTHER INTERESTING BOOK ABOUT THE HARLOT

Return to “Infinity Sideways”