Feb 2007
HelloKitty

thanks for being interesting enough!

Post by HelloKitty » February 20th, 2008, 4:09 am

to which i'm sure he'd reply:

or:

whatever.

HI FRIENDS!
it's been awhile, i know, and i do apologize. it's just that i just sneezed and i think a little pee came out. it's this freaking fetus, all up inside my insides & messing with me. SO LAME. but not really. it's okay i guess.

we have successfully passed the 12 weeks pregnant mark, so more and more of my friends and family are being let in on my biggest secret ever. that doesn't sound quite right but it does fit. i didn't tell most everyone i knew about something for 12 whole weeks. 3 months. and i know you all haven't really met me, but if you had, you would know what a BIG DEAL this has been. not that i've got ship-sinking loose lips or anything. mainly, i haven't been able to blog about baby-related subjects on myspace because that's how most of my friends know what's going on in my life. so really it's been kind of like i've been sequestered in my early pregnancy, just hanging out reading all the baby books in the old hated apartment and then hanging out reading all the baby blogs in the new loved apartment, not really socializing or using my words in any productive way.

so glad that's over.

so at the request of my beloved, here's another one of my patented fantastical photoblogs!

this weekend we went to the aquarium in newport, oregon. not a satisfying experience. i forgot keiko the orca whale moved back to japan, ronnie forgot that driving along a winding road located on a cliff while staring at the ocean is not totally safe and also TOTALLY FREAKS DENESE OUT!!! also i forgot that there are people who did not basically grow up looking at the pacific ocean from a backdrop of a wooded wonderland, and to these people seeing the ocean on a beautiful sunny day is a REALLY BIG DEAL AND YOU SHOULD BE MORE EXCITED ALSO!!! eh, ocean schmocean.

ronnie took the following photos on his phone and is very proud of them.

starfish, boring (not so boring were the starfish in the touch pool. although i do need to mention that the only difference between these guys and the touch pool starfish is that well duh you can TOUCH the ones in the touch pool plus some of them were PURPLE!!! and if that's not exciting, i don't know what is, i can't get too excited anyway or else i might sneeze & pee myself a little bit again):

jellyfish, our favorite part (i did take some photos of these weirdos with my fisheye so maybe when i get that crap developed i'll share, maybe not, maybe i'll devote more of my time to practicing kegel exercises and therefore staying drier, maybe not, maybe the next time we visit the jellyfish some little kid won't slam his face into my elbow, maybe not):

ridiculously awesomely mesmerizingly scaringly gigantic japanese spider crabs. i swear to jeebus the bodies of these things were as big as my entire torso and their legs were probably as long as mine. they looked SO SO delicious and i only felt a little bad saying that several times out loud in front of lots of little kids and getting looks from moms like, wtf lady my kid hasn't made that connection yet so thanks for ruining another dinnertime:

octopus, just as scary-yet-the-coolest-thing-i've-ever-seen as the giant crabs and i swear i didn't feel at all bad when some grown ass woman almost threw a temper tantrum because ronnie was busy taking this picture when SHE wanted to be where he was so she could videotape the octopus. NOT KIDDING. older than me by at least four years. temper. tantrum. at the aquarium. she's gonna be a great mom:

this is a sea lion. this is probably not the best picture of a sea lion available to me, but i wanted to post this one because of the semi-funny story attached to it that almost makes me laugh hard enough to leak a little pee (read: small giggle). so this sea lion is rolling around like a catherine wheel, cleaning his toes with his face, no big deal, and some lady walks up to the window with her few small children. she observes the sea lion's behavior and freaks out, telling her kids to close their eyes, don't look at him, turn away, he's doing something nasty. i'm like, openly gaping at her, what? she turns to her grownup friend and says something about how they were at the zoo once and one of the animals was doing something nasty. i'm well-versed in idiotspeak and realized that she thought he was cleaning his genitals, when it was OBVIOUSLY CLEAR that he was not also, most importantly, why would that be so nasty? should the sea lion have instead busted out his exfoliating scrubs and glycerin soaps and loofahs? shower cap? rubber ducky? special order creme rinse from frederic fekkai? chosen to bathe in the privacy of his own home, therefore saving us all the indecency? her kids are some of the luckiest kids ever:

to round out my visualization of love:
these shoes pinch my feet, but I love them.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » February 20th, 2008, 10:41 am

very cool! So glad you can come out of the closet and revel in your deliciously flourishing state.

Lots of nice photos, too.
Glad you shared your pregnancy with us, by the way. We need to know these things and only send the finest blessings to ensure your wellbeing.
So now that we know we were not supposed to tell your myspace friends, we better search our consciences to affirm that you were, in fact, the first to announce it.

i, for one, speak to few on myspace, so my lips were sealed.
Enjoy the feedback from your community. It's great to have well wishes and you'll be happy to read them as the months progress - it all adds to the excitement.

best and hugs,
judih

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » February 20th, 2008, 12:39 pm

beautiful photos kitty!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

and that octopus!!, it would work well here as a banner!!!!!! :lol:

good to know that you´re ok, good to read you again!!!
besos, keep in touch!! :)

Return to “#29 - Portrait of Love Art Jam”