Pale Male & Lola

Feb 2007
sooZen

Pale Male & Lola

Post by sooZen » February 17th, 2007, 6:46 am

Lola (landing) & Pale Male (with Jr.) on the high rise nest, Central Park, New York

Photo by Lincoln Karim, Pale Male chronicler

Red Tails in love
city slickers, taxi gliders
pigeons be-warers
living in Manhattan
lofty spacers
bones on sidewalks
eviction notice
humane savers
Red Tail lovers

I have a personal interest in all birds, especially the birds of prey and Pale Male is not only unusual but amazing. He has raised at least 23 clutches on a 'tony' Manhattan perch across from Central Park. He is getting to be an old bird but still soaring... Lola is his third or fourth (i forget) mate. They mate for life but the others met untimely citified ends.
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 18th, 2007, 2:41 pm

urban hawks
honor the ancestors
let em be!
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

sooZen

Post by sooZen » February 19th, 2007, 4:41 am

Thank you jimbo for the ku.
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 27th, 2007, 6:22 am

We got a young new Japanese pitcher, don't got his name, he's in the minor leagues still,
last year in spring training, he saw an osprey up in a nest up on some pole, and hee threw a baseball and killed it, :roll: If I see him at a baseball game, gotta get in a heckle. WE HECKLE ALL THE MEAN BRUTES. :x

last week I spotted an osprey nest outside my step-daughter's hail shoppe, up on a light pole, a huge nest, two large birds, showed it to my step-grandson,
http://www.jonbales.com/Florida/Florida.htm

then on Saturday, a flock of orioles stopped by to pluck red beries from a backyardtree, had to get the boy, visiting, playing video hockey, we peeked around the corner and watched them suddenly. like an alien cloud, lift up and swoosh away, outa site instantly. Now I see that tree with its spindly branches in a whole new light.

yesterday morning spotted a dead dove on the ground, its little head resting thru the chain link inside fence. It was cold and stiff and whole, a slight expulsion out the rear, apparantly died of natural causes, I considered drawing it, like the natuuralists of old, but it wanted rest, so,
I made a burial nest for it at the back corner, neath the tree with the red berries, wrapped in fine dried grasses and flowers, placed a little stone with inscription on it, now it's a prayer flag spirit softly cooing.

gotta love the birdies 8)
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Return to “#29 - Portrait of Love Art Jam”