i'll never eat at mo's again!

Post photos & art as prompts for poetry & prose.
HelloKitty

i'll never eat at mo's again!

Post by HelloKitty » August 14th, 2007, 2:04 am

wow. what a weekend.

sunday started great, hit a gigantic speed bump, then ended pretty good. no pictures.

saturday, however, we went to the beach! pictures!

we decided on florence, it being the closest beach location. after trying three different routes (once getting derailed by a fire, then a most frustratingly unmapped dead end, then undergoing a mysterious car stall, then ending up going the right way and not knowing/planning it) and traveling an hour & fifteen minutes (about half of that without music, most annoying) up this mostly curvy, mostly scary hill going 55 getting passed by people going 70 UP HILL AROUND BIG-BUSHY-TREE-LINED CORNERS WITH LOTS OF SUNSHINE IN OUR FACES (ok it was stressful for me, very scary, and i've moved on) while my darling caught up on sleep, WE FINALLY MADE IT.
the water was freezing. i was prepared for this, being an oregon native, and expected cold water, cold wind, cold cold served on a bed of cold with cold. but apparently, "beach" to some people is synonymous with "warm."

we found this little driftwood hut shelter:

and went to the south jetty to watch the sun set into a cloudbank:

ronnie's excited to have a nice beach so close for surfing purposes. i'm excited that he's excited. this girl don't swim.

still cleaning sand out of everything. except the car. don't clean the car. memories, whoa whoa whoa memories...

kitten updates!

they are getting so big. today they had their first taste of 2% milk and pot pie gravy. yes really. don't hate me. it's like they think they're hybrid kitten/people and should do kitten things half the time, people things the other half.
such as, laundry:
and take a little stroll through the neighborhood:
i was so surprised when, without any encouragement or sister-companionship/examples, jack walked right out the open front door. we live in the third apartment at the end of our little complex, and he walked almost to the door of the first apartment without looking back once. he's usually the baby of the two, following me everywhere and not doing anything unless sally does it first, constantly needing to nap on my lap or taste what i'm eating or be involved in whatever i'm doing. sally's the more "cat" cat, curious and explorative, sticking solely to her own agenda and not giving a damn what anyone else is doing, and of course allowing us to be so lucky as to be graced with her presence and perhaps allow a small pat of the back of the ear before running away again.

in other news, how awesome is horrible reality television? an american version of ramsay's kitchen nightmares starting in the fall (i'm a huge fan of hell's kitchen and the original bbc kitchen nightmares), the hills, newport harbor, the pick-up artist, bret michaels' rock of love, another new season of the real world...ok not like i religiously subscribe to these shows, more like they're a reminder for not how to act or merely serve vicarious purposes. especially the real world. i've watched every single season of the real world. the london one was my favorite. now they're in australia. whores. anybody else find themselves succumbing to summer reality tv guilty pleasures?
these shoes pinch my feet, but I love them.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » August 14th, 2007, 3:01 pm

I avoid that whole reality TV series thing. But I love that pic of YY walking on the beach!!!! Pure art!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 14th, 2007, 4:56 pm

i agree with DtD... that 'reality tv' stuff just isn't really real, really. you get some folks in front of a camera and the ones with the most character get selected to be in the show. true reality tv is mo like sports. athletes are'nt bred to look good on tv, only to do their sporty-thing good. true there are exceptions - athletes that both look good and play good, but they're in the minority. also some news shows are pretty 'reality'... and concerts - they're real.

nice photos, HK... and a fun read.

TY

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » August 14th, 2007, 5:57 pm

Although making fun of it is a reality too!!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8xA4xMsnduM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8xA4xMsnduM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

By the way who's "mo????"
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

HelloKitty

Post by HelloKitty » August 14th, 2007, 11:50 pm

thanks mtmynd! and i totally hear everything about the reality tv...i think i'm drawn to it due to its unreality. so ridiculous. but the fact that "reality" tv is someone's reality...mindboggling.

dave: mo's is a coastal seafood almost fast food restaurant, probably oregon-only and tourists-only eat there.. 5 years ago my family was on christmas vacation in lincoln city, oregon. we went to mo's for dinner, and on saturday we couldn't mutually decide on anything but mo's. they're famous for their clam chowder. now i don't understand that infamy, the "clam" chowder was in reality potato chowder with a couple clams thrown in for a laugh. it was good 5 years ago :( i still think the ship inn, where ronnie and i met working together, has the best clam chowder ever.
these shoes pinch my feet, but I love them.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » August 15th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Not big on clam chowder but I like clams though. Being a Midwesterner there's not much for seafood. Mo's a restaruart who's clam chowder will live in "infamy."

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » August 15th, 2007, 3:04 pm

Not big on clam chowder but I like clams though. Being a Midwesterner there's not much for seafood. Mo's a restaruart who's clam chowder will live in "infamy."

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » August 28th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Mo's Annex in Newport used to be pretty good...dunno if it's still there or not...it was just a hole in the wall she had sort'a by the original Mo's to handle the overflow..when Mrs. Niemi was alive and involved in the operational end of things the food was always good...

Now, the Bayhaven is the place to go in Newport. Always a party in there.
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on Nigerian Oil Investments
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

Return to “Image Jams & Photo Travelogue”