When the end of days arrives 4/30

Reality written.
YABYUM

When the end of days arrives 4/30

Post by YABYUM » April 30th, 2008, 5:48 pm

I have always lived with apocolyptic thinking

With the most awesome happening in my life, thus far, looming on the horizon, i am ready to start preparing the shelter. what i am speaking of is the idea to start preparing for the chaos of when the lights go out. knowing that my family will have a place to be safe when the power fails, phones die, the world is out of contact, and all the anarchy of looting and self preservation begins. My idea isnt that far fetched, to me. I was thinking of renting out some space in one of those indoor storage facilities and generally using it as the place to stock and store for months of survival just in case. it wont be that hard, or that expensive. the rent for the spot is very affordable. once i have the key, all i need to do is set aside a weekly amount of money and slowly keep stocking up.

I mean...how hard could it be? I cant be the only one? think of it....all the chaos and riots and all for one attidude going on outside, and there i am, locked inside with my family with radio, years of battery power, months and months of water and food, bedding, and what ever else i think of along the way.

denese thinks i am crazy. i think if some sort of disaster or terrorist activity causes this kind of chaos, that she will be singing a different tune when all we have to do is run two miles down the road and enter our make shift safety shelter.

what do you think? got any good ideas to help me along? do you think buying gas masks and bio hazard suits in case of chemical attack is to left field?
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com/

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 30th, 2008, 7:16 pm

yab : "do you think buying gas masks and bio hazard suits in case of chemical attack is to left field?"

I remember for years now (it doesn't seem that long... but) I've heard of the 'end times'... the apocalypse... end of the world. I know you remember the millennium scare - 'the computers aren't ready for the change over'... blah, blah, blah. It seems almost every generation *at least) has had something to throw a scare into the population. It may be part of our collective psyche. Who knows...

A really interesting one is the 2012 thing. 12.12.2012... the end of the Mayan calendar, the most accurate calendar ever conceived. This is one thing I'm just not sure of (yet!). Google that date and you'll find TMI... you'll drown your mind in fear with the overload on that. :lol:

That could cause you to get your shelter together. But please don't ever react to full-blown paranoia without digesting the info first.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » April 30th, 2008, 7:32 pm

what do you think? got any good ideas to help me along?

My only suggestion if you are serious is ditch the batteries.
I would go with hand cranked, I mean you can get hand cranked flashlights, am fm short-wave radios, even laptop computers,

So what happens after you hunker down, how many months and what then?
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 30th, 2008, 9:23 pm

We already had faced here several escatologic times. And we still live day by day :lol: . No idea..., maybe simply wait, or wait & help for a social miracle or kill each other or simply vanish in the air :roll:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 30th, 2008, 9:34 pm

V : "...or kill each other or simply vanish in the air"

that's really an interesting picture, arcadia!

i think i'd prefer vanishing in the air... si! :lol:

YABYUM

Post by YABYUM » May 1st, 2008, 12:10 am

mtmynd....thanks. i always enjoy good reading on doomsday theory. next to the civil war, doomsday is my favorite subject. running a very close second is the grasp of religious teachings on human minds.

arcadia....."kill each other, or simply vanish in the air" Damn! i agree with mtmynd....i think i would rather vanish.

Gypsy.....after a few months, depending on what befell the area, i think all the looters and other frightened people will have sorted or killed themselves out. maybe that would be the time to try and travel to family. again depending on what happened. perhaps theres no radio stations able to broadcast?
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com/

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » May 1st, 2008, 7:58 am

12.12.2012 - never the day after my birthday!!!!
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 1st, 2008, 10:49 am

Sure there will be radio stations. But There may not be anyone to hear them. Radio stations these days are automatic computer run no one there. There was a train wreck in South Dakota toxic spill the local officials tried to calling the local radio station to get them to announce a public service emergency and there was no one there to answer the phone, everything autmated run from hundreds of miles away.
denese thinks i am crazy
I think she is right.
I don't think living in a storage locker is going to get it yab.
I got a brother who is a psychiatrist, maybe I can help. :) :roll:

By brother attends quite a few seminars and conference centers, some of them according to him are survivalist strong holds. I think there is one in Carmel California like that. They got everything windmills, hydro electric power everything.

But I am trying to put myself in your shoes, what it must be like to be an expectant father, the fears, the wanting to do everything possible to provide for your child.

If you google "the great die off" you will get millions of hits, but a few will be relevant, as to how mother earth has burped a catastrophe now and then. One I think millions hundreds of millions of years ago killed off 90 percent of all life on earth.

There was a thread on studio eight last year about whether you think mankind will still be here in a thousand years. I will have to find it.

Our children are hostages to the future (JFK speech about parents, something like our children are hostages to the future.) I am leaving no hostages. But if I was in your shoes I would be thinking the same way.

I think the best you could do is prepare for an earth quake or something, you know water, can goods, flash lights portable radios, etc. Have a survival kit on hand
something like this

http://www.noevalleyvoice.com/1999/Nove ... 11quak.htm

Do you watch any of those tv evangelists shows where they go on about the end times? I had an addiction to them once upon a time. Some of those preachers get pretty excited about the money making opportunites of the endtimes. They are doing all they can to encourage it. I have a Jewcentric view of all this. That is why I am sticking here, as I understand the Christian Zionists they got to get all the jews on a bus headed back to Israel, I may < > I am, probably wrong about all that.

We need I mean the USA needs all the parents like you and denese it can get ronnie,
This bible quote is really from Mathew I think but it is Paul quoitng him in Romans if I understood it.

woe to the woman

I have only read one complete part of the New Testament and that was Luke because I always like that album by Hank Williams Sr. called Luke The Drifter.

ronnie I am just saying
you present me with so many dark visions
I did not grow up listening to the apocalyptic stuff, it is all alien and Greek to me.

Where the hell is Joel when we need him, I always liked his tagline about happy farts

Sorry for the long ramble about the Jews, just a personal problem.

thank you and denese for sharing your joy and concerns.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Return to “Ronnie GETS it!”