My baby girl is born......8/21/08

Reality written.
YABYUM

My baby girl is born......8/21/08

Post by YABYUM » August 21st, 2008, 11:49 am

"Ronnie, stop talking...I cant focus"

In my travels i have seen some seriously painful situations but not one thing that had me prepared for watching my child exit through the birth canal. When i was in the moment, it seemed to take an eternity. looking back, it all went so fucking fast. my wife was incredible. 30 minutes of pushing through contractions in order to get baby's head past the pelvic bone, i was staring at the vagina keeping a close eye on every bit of progress and it seemed like none was being made. it was surreal, the moment that little head made it past the bone it just slid out in a nano second. i was overwhelmed at the sight of a 21 inch little human being pulled from my wifes insides.....i started crying. i thought i had no tear ducts. the first few minutes were really fuckin scary because she wasnt crying, or breathing. immediately after exiting the womb, ruby was rushed over to a tiny table where she was wrapped in heated blankets and 5 nurses started sucking crap outta her airway and administering oxygen. i was crying like a bitch and asking over and over if she was all right. three minutes later she started screaming and just like that, she went from white to ruby red. she was perfectly fine. "just needed a bit of a jump start" the nurse would tell me. I carried her over to Denese who looked more exhausted than i thought one person ever could be. we shared a family hug and cried together. like i said, it was surreal.

Two days in the hospital were enough for all three of us. no one got more than an hour of sleep at a time. lots of needles and blood drawings and tests and questions and paperwork and blah blah blahing. we are home now. ruby sleeps soundly to my right wrapped in a fleece NY JETS blanket vibrating softly in her baby papasan chair. I slept a solid sleep last night and will be man at arms for the day while my wife gets to soothe her body with sleeping, bathing, and all around relaxing. (except when ruby needs a boobie)

Her feeding schedule so far is very fickle. her and mommy are both learning how to breastfeed. i feel so helpless at times. today she latched on very well and had a good feed. i can always tell by the soon to follow pooping. did i mention her hair? holy shit does this child have a head of hair. without fail "wow!, she has a lot of hair" have been the first words of every person to see her for the first time. she has a very thick mane of black hair. her eyes are blue and enormous. she is going to be beautiful and she is going to test her fathers patience as she groes into a woman. i knew that karmatic justice would send me a girl. i told my wife not to get her hopes up for a boy. we'll most likely have three girls. i am fine with that. i love women. what do i know about boys?

thanks for reading......i will keep you updated. pictures will be posted soon. we dont have a digital camera so we have to wait for grandma to send us some through emails and then figure out all the bullshit technical maneuvers required to relocate them here.
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com/

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 21st, 2008, 9:35 pm

enjoy the emotion-rain yabyum!!!!!!!!!! :)

keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » August 22nd, 2008, 8:02 am

Congrats to you!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 25th, 2009, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 22nd, 2008, 10:05 pm

wonderful

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 24th, 2008, 6:50 pm

Congratulations, Ronnie & Denese!

Welcome to Ruby!!!!

What a beautiful name!

Pictures! Yes! Please!

Return to “Ronnie GETS it!”