morning walk

This is Constantine's artlog. He posted his poems in his own artlog forum for several years. He named the forum "Constantinople" and described it as "A byzantine journey through life's labyrinth."
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
constantine

Re: morning walk

Post by constantine » October 31st, 2012, 4:28 pm

that would be cool - i'd really like that, jack. i hope one day it happens

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 24th, 2012, 9:12 am

morning stone
re: butterball

i say you cheer me up with your nightmare visions, what it takes to write a poem, or as i wrote once by typo to"wright" a poem as in shipwright I guess.

all know is poetry is like a oscar meyer wiener, if you saw how they make it, you would not eat it.

not that you would
I had an episode with my cat
no not my cat but
the cat
that reminded me of you
reminded me of how much I love that little fur ball, how I try please him, to figure out what he wants when "talks" to me. he is the most vocal cat I have ever had the good fortune to be around,
speaking of kindness to aNimals
hope you had a good turkey day
i had turduken at a cajun restaurant
that is a chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turker
sounds like a poem in there too.
hatbanner.jpg
inFriendship
from deep in the heart of texas
where you tip your hats to the ladies and the rose of san antone.
jt

constantine

Post by constantine » November 24th, 2012, 9:22 am

i miss living with a cat - there's one that comes around - i fed him some lunch meat - was flipping him pieces - but the food raining from the sky was too much for him. it upset his sense of reality and he ran away.

constantine

Post by constantine » November 24th, 2012, 9:28 am

thanksgiving was nice - after being away from home for twenty years, it was a real kick - a joy to feast with my family. my two granddaughters - stella and daphne -were captivating!

constantine

Post by constantine » November 24th, 2012, 10:52 am

turduken - is that in new jersey?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 24th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Turduken is in new jersey I think,
Turducken is what we had to eat. :oops:

are you a vegan?

constantine

Post by constantine » November 25th, 2012, 8:49 am

no - i wish i was, but i am a weak man - a tiny, little man with little moral fiber.

tarbaby
Location: Oz, or someplace like Kansas, but mostly stilltrucking's vanity

Post by tarbaby » November 28th, 2012, 2:19 am

I can cross turducken off my bucket list.
turducken is that a typo :shock:
how much have I smoked today
turkducken I meant, but I am crossing both of um off the list.

Twenty years wow, grand daughters, sounds like a good day

we all getting so old, my homeboy saying he don't know if he will be here for another thanks giving, I hate to think about it.
“Where is that man who has forgotten words that I may have a word with him?”

constantine

Post by constantine » December 7th, 2012, 5:50 pm

off your list and onto mine. it's turducken or bust for one such as i.

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » December 7th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Behavioral Sink
Geezer memory flash back to 1962
Looked all over for the Scientific American Article but can't find it.
If I remember there were a few rats who escaped to the fringes, I think he described them as "bohemians", authentic beatnik rats.

That just from memory, they were the hippest and coolest rats as I remember...
The ethologist John B. Calhoun coined the term "behavioral sink" to describe the collapse in behavior which resulted from overcrowding. Over a number of years, Calhoun conducted over-population experiments on rats[1] which culminated in 1962 with the publication of an article in the Scientific American of a study of behavior under conditions of overcrowding.[2] In it, Calhoun coined the term "behavioral sink". Calhoun's work became used, rightly or wrongly, as an animal model of societal collapse, and his study has become a touchstone of urban sociology and psychology in general.[3]Wicki
In a 1962 edition of Scientific American, the ecologist John B Calhoun presented the results of a macabre series of experiments conducted at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH).1 He had placed several rats in a laboratory in a converted barn where – protected from disease and predation and supplied with food, water and bedding – they bred rapidly. The one thing they were lacking was space, a fact that became increasingly problematic as what he liked to describe as his “rat city” and “rodent utopia” teemed with animals. Unwanted social contact occurred with increasing frequency, leading to increased stress and aggression. Following the work of the physiologist, Hans Selye, it seemed that the adrenal system offered the standard binary solution: fight or flight.2 But in the sealed enclosure, flight was impossible. Violence quickly spiralled out of control. Cannibalism and infanticide followed. Males became hypersexual, pansexual and, an increasing proportion, homosexual. Calhoun called this vortex “a behavioural sink”. Their numbers fell into terminal decline and the population tailed off to extinction. At the experiments’ end, the only animals still alive had survived at an immense psychological cost: asexual and utterly withdrawn, they clustered in a vacant huddled mass. Even when reintroduced to normal rodent communities, these “socially autistic” animals remained isolated until death. In the words of one of Calhoun’s collaborators, rodent “utopia” had descended into “hell”.3
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2636191/
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

constantine

Post by constantine » December 7th, 2012, 8:08 pm

neat! thanks for the background. my brother says - too many rats in the box - all the time. when that guy in florida was eating that poor guy's face - my brother said - too many rats in the box. i had to agree with him .

Return to “Constantinople – (A collection of Constantine's poetry)”