What's Your Bitch?

Tell us about you.
sooZen

What's Your Bitch?

Post by sooZen » August 17th, 2009, 9:22 am

Okay, I finally got a round tuit so I wanted to say howdy to old friends and new as I am usually a woman of few words, ala haiku.

My writing herstory goes back to Litkicks and the wonderful and amazing creative energy that existed there. Known as Buddhabitch, I have simplified it simply to SooZen (pronounced Susan) but I am still most probably a bitch to a buddha known as mtmynd who has been my mate and bestest friend for 38 years.

I followed most of my friends (and I have been honored to have made some really good ones) over here to the Studio and I must assure you that I find this place just as inspiring as any on the net including the Kicks of old.

My real passion is not writing and sometimes I rarely have time to doit and hence, maybe one of the reasons why haiku is my modus operandus.

I am a tent show gypsy, selling my wares at arts and crafts shows across the desert southwest. Writing is therapy and fun and I journal (Zen Upchuck) as often as numbers (shudder, my phobia and nemesis) permit.

I still manage to read or I get the news from mt about the goings on here as he is much more passionate about the craft of writing than moi. I am pretty good at it, trying to hone what I do manage to spit out and when the urge arises, I follow the bliss.

I love nature, naturally, am a bird whisperer and a dog tender. I watch the seasons and the turns, hug trees and pick the fruits of my labor. I have a hard time reading people and tend to speak my mind much to the chagrin of some of the aforementioned species.

Beads, wirework and the hammering of metals makes me happy. I have a studio next to the tree that I planted the year of my first sons' birth which now spans the two stories of our home and more and is right outside my window(s).

Two sons have chosen and gifted me with their presence, Noah (35) who is incredibly smart and lives in the cosmo town of Austin with his creative mate Jenni and Nathan (32), my youngest, Down's Syndrome or alien (not sure which) who is a clown and a drama queen like his dad and still lives at home.

Speaking of clowns, I was raised by two, Sugar and Spicey, which is always a good excuse for my antics...

I love Texas and New Mexico and Tex-isms ala the late great Molly Ivins, and speak the speak with mucho gusto.

Dots are good (unlike numbers) and connect all my spaces... Three is the only number that relates to one or so I think (haiku again.)

Here is a couple of sneak peaks (i am a shady lady) and Howdy again to all of yous:

Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 17th, 2009, 10:57 am

Welcome, my love, true friend and soul puppy... you did well with your belated introduction... really belated! ;)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 21st, 2009, 9:07 pm

I love Molly too. She was all that is best about Texas. Her love for the state and her sense of humor about it too.

I been reading her book about G.W. Bush called "Shrub" as she called him. It was written after the election in 2000
This bit made me sad.
Post-Election Afterword

My fellow Democrats,
Do not flee to Canada yet. George W. Bush is not stupid and he is not mean.
O.K. he's not the brightest porch light on the block, get over it. I frankly don't expect much from him, neither do you and that's the best thing he has going for him. If he so much as clears a matchbox, we'll fall back in wonder. Think how pleasantly surprised we're going to be when we discover George W. is, as he has been all his life, sort of adequate. Not so deep, as well nor so wide as a church door, but he'll do.
It is polite, not to mention patriotic, to fall in line behind a new presiden and kind of give the guy a good send-off cheer....I'm giving W. the old hip-hip. Besides as Tolstoy once entitled a short story, "God Sees the Truth...But Waits."
I am pretty sure she changed her mind. I have not read her later book about him called "Bushwacked"

I started reading her back in the eighties when she had a column in the Fort Worth paper. Later she moved to the Dallas Morning News where she was fired for her straight talk. I need to google that but i think that is what happened.
We lost a hero. I am still not over her death.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » August 22nd, 2009, 1:23 pm

.....hey sooz...almost forgot about buddhabitch....your show set-up is awesome......for a wired man who has seen many a scene, litkicks was special....maximo and "NEW".....the shine has worn off a bit.....but know the patina is concentrated with quality.....these cats and kitties can do some writing i tell ya......keep them haikus comin'...
Last edited by WIREMAN on August 22nd, 2009, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 22nd, 2009, 2:52 pm

SooZ... welcome back! Great introduction! Loved the photos, too.

Mark ... what's a patanina? I looked it up and can't find it. Thought it might be spanish word so tried a translation service online but it didn't work to translate the word.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » August 22nd, 2009, 2:57 pm

my bad D....try patina.....

Barry

Post by Barry » August 22nd, 2009, 9:30 pm

I used to read the Editorial section of the Sunday Oregonian religiously because there was always a chance Molly Ivins' column would be included, which was the highlight of my Sunday. I sent her an email informing her of the first balloon release. I was very sad to hear of her death not long afterward. I saw her on Bill Moyers once, and she was everything on camera that she was in print. More, in fact. Truly a one-of-a-kind soul. Is it a thing with Texas women? I've met only a couple, but they seem to be of a type. My father-in-law was a Texan. His sister reminded very much of Ms. Ivins when we met at his memorial. Straight-forward, pull-no-punches, love-you-for-who-you-are type of people. And we in the "liberal-west-coast" have been led to believe all southerners are judgemental jerks. Glad to see that stereotype overturned. By both Ms. Ivins and you, sooZen. Thank you.

Peace,
Barry

sooZen

Post by sooZen » August 23rd, 2009, 6:52 pm

Thank you all for the kind replies and welcome backs. I just don't always have the time or energy to write like Buddhabitch used to but lately, have been filling my oats and much better.

Wired man...so good to see you again my friend and thanks for the kudos on the set up. Actually, it is an old one, we have some new tablecloths and jewelry backdrops now that are great. And instead of SooZen's Trinkets and Treasures or Empty Mind Images, we are now OtHeRwOrLdLee Goods. Yes, change is good.

My dear Dor...always thanks.

Truck and Barry...Molly is a hero, she bucked at the system and her insights were always on target. Another hero was Ann Richards whom Rick Perry beat badly when running for Governor of Texas. Can't truck with that man.

We Texas women are surely an independent bunch, coming from a state that was a country unto it's own. Big, brash, and sometimes gaudy, Texas women are known for their hospitality "Come and set a spell" generosity, and sweet smiles unless you cross them and whoa the horses. You are liable to get your britches dusted. :wink:

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 4th, 2009, 9:18 pm

no bitch here, all bitch turn around
bitch enlightenment

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 5th, 2009, 2:44 pm

crab nachos & a red bull here
contemplating price list for new
show here @ my home away
from home cafe nolaImage

sooZen

Post by sooZen » September 6th, 2009, 7:42 am

thank you my dear judih, nothing like a good bitch... :wink:

how wonderful Mark, like your hang-out and great good luck with the show!

Steve Plonk

Recognize you from Litkicks...

Post by Steve Plonk » December 15th, 2009, 5:33 pm

Soo-Zen: I recognize you from Litkicks.com where I just jumped off from.
Are you still living where the buffalo roam or are you now back east?
I'm still hanging near Chattanooga, TN. I used to live in Texas and points west. Still have a brother in Colorado, who's doing temp work up in Northern Virginia. He has a dual residency. Right now he's on vacation in the Baja peninsula of Mexico... Hey, this life is like a tire swing with its ups and downs. I'm back on the upswing. My family is here in Chatt-Town too.
Things are looking up just because...So everyone have a great season and don't take any wooden nickels unless its got a free cup of joe.

Return to “Introductions”