Does anybody know me?

Tell us about you.
Diana Moon Glampers

Does anybody know me?

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » February 27th, 2010, 8:45 pm

<center>

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 27th, 2010, 10:13 pm

I do.

You're the one who works for the Rosewater Foundation.

God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater
Great book by Kurt Vonnegut.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 28th, 2010, 3:10 pm

Thanks Doreen
I know she can be annoying
I posted a reply to Achilles bad poem number 3 on the creative board

I posted it as Diana Moon Glampers
because that is the way I felt when I read it.

Diana Moon Glampers wrote
I am a a sixty-nine-year-old virgin who, am "too dumb to live". RE: God Bless You Mr Rosewater.

Welcome to the Monkey House Achilles.

Have you ever read Achilles in Vietnam]?

Listening to NPR guy says he liked Hector more than Achilles cause Hector was a nice guy and Achilles was a jerk. But I don't think so. Athene left Hector to die on the run, and he had it coming. So do I.

Please pardon the user name ramble, but you touched a nerve with your bad poem #3.
But then I deleted it because I am so got dam autistic sometimes.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 1st, 2010, 2:15 am

Yeah, I think I saw it before you deleted it. You might want to let him know of your various screen names. Just an idea.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 1st, 2010, 7:50 am

Diana Moon Glampers Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah I know that would be a good idea, i thought I had covered that by putting the bit about location on her profile.

I been thinking about replying to his "design poem" maybe I will let him know in case he did not notice the profile disclaimer.

I been thinking about design a lot lately. I read somewhere that Charlie Chaplin never had a script for his movies. He just designed & built the sets and then ad libed the rest.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 1st, 2010, 8:05 am

People don't like mysteries. I don't think "Stilltrucking's sock drawer" says much. You know what it means, but that doesn't mean everyone else knows what it means. It took me a long time to figure out what you meant by the term "sock puppets". I'd never seen that term before until you used it. Just saying ... if you don't tell people, it could seem deceitful to use different names and I know it's NOT deceitful.

Here's an idea. Why don't you list all of your screen names in your signature(s). "I also post as this name, that name, this name, that name, etc) Just an idea.

Most sites on the net only allow users to use one name, so people aren't used to other people using multiple names. I'm only bringing this up because you brought it up. :)

That's a cool Charlie Chaplin fact!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 1st, 2010, 8:37 am

Okay D I will do it the way you suggest. Mostly I try to restrict my other sock puppets to the asylum for the terminally vain and heart broke but once in a while (mostly when I am stoned and impulsive) one of the other user names pops out for a post on another board.

I have heard The Well called the most influential website you never heard of.

WELL members use a consistent login name when posting messages, and a non-fixed pseudonym field alongside it. The pseudonym (or pseud in WELL parlance) defaults to the user's real name, but can be changed at will and so often reflects a quotation from another user, or is an in-joke, or may be left blank. The user's real name can be easily looked-up using their login name. WELL members are not anonymous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_WELL

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 1st, 2010, 8:58 am

Oh cool! Thanks for the link. Never had heard of that site.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 1st, 2010, 3:04 pm

Disappointed... I was really excited about "The Well" site because of its diversity and history... then I clicked to sign up and join it and found out they're charging $10 a month.

Why would anybody join a discussion site they have to pay for when there are discussion sites all over the net which are free?

Oh well.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 1st, 2010, 4:27 pm

Ten bucks and that is for just one user name.
It would cost me a fortune to join.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 1st, 2010, 4:55 pm

But it says,
"You know who you're talking with. As a WELL member, you use your real name."
So, it sounds to me like you can only have one membership name and not only that, it has to be your real name.
http://www.well.com/join.html

(Of course, how could they tell if your real name was Diana Moon Glampers or not? Do they check IDs? haha)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 2nd, 2010, 12:27 am

I almost replied to you as one of those jerks But I am not stoned and have a better grip on my Impulsivity.

This bit below from their sign up page. I guess on the internet you have to pay not so much for what you get as what you don't get. Endless dreck. Dreck is a Yiddish word I think. Lordy I have posted so much dreck here.
What makes The WELL so different from other online communities?

The quality and diversity of the dialogue. No more wading through endless dreck to find a few morsels of insight or wit.

You know who you're talking with. As a WELL member, you use your real name. This leads to real conversations and relationships.
I feel like I have real conversations here on studio eight whether I know someones real name or not.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 2nd, 2010, 3:26 pm

Have we met?
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » March 2nd, 2010, 8:06 pm

Yes I think we have
here.

the woods are lovely dark and deep

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 2nd, 2010, 9:14 pm

I think I wrote about it once.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Introductions”