Calling into your camp

Tell us about you.
Atehequa

Calling into your camp

Post by Atehequa » July 9th, 2011, 8:22 am

Howdee, I am Atehequa. Thank you for allowing me to sit by this fire.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: Calling into your camp

Post by Doreen Peri » July 9th, 2011, 1:35 pm

Welcome to the Studio, Atehequa! Nice to have you here. Looking forward to your posts. Enjoy!

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » July 9th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Olamiwossa !

My thanks for your welcome. I am not much of a writer, but do try to write a bit of poetry and campfire tales. Perhaps you’ve read one of my little outdoor poems on that other forum where I used another Shawnee nickname. I really don’t have very good diplomatic skills but I’m trying to remedy that. Really don’t have that much interaction with others living out in the sticks with my small family.

Hopefully here we all can make words in a good way.

Nie Keppahe.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 10th, 2011, 10:36 pm

I thought you might be the same person as the one using a similar avatar on the other site. Glad you found us! Welcome.

We're more of a spontaneous type writing spot... plus with a focus on all the arts, not just writing. Not much (if any) critiquing goes on around here. We just like to write. *smile*

Hope you like it here. Looking forward to reading your stories.

Your Virginia neighbor,
Doreen

(You're in Virginia, right?)

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » July 11th, 2011, 5:07 am

Yep we live in the Commonwealth. It seems there are others from Virginia as well. My wife and I recognized the Jamestown Ferry in one of your photo banners. One of those boats got damaged during last Spring's wave of deadly tornadoes.

Ha ! The frog poem, I wrote that as a younger man close to 30 years ago during Spring camping at Sherando Lake. Hyla Versicolor, a little creature with a big voice, especially during mating season. I hold no ill will for that fellow over at AT.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QhHB6_8SQU

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 11th, 2011, 6:51 am

Hello and welcome from me, too. :)
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 11th, 2011, 10:46 am

Me neither. I just like messing with his egotistical persona occasionally. :) I'll check out the video link. I love your walking sticks! fantastic!

And yes, that's Sober Duck's banner... sorry to hear about this storm damage! (We haven't seen him around here for some time.. hope he comes back soon.)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 3rd, 2011, 3:10 pm

Atehequa,Greetings from the high and holy highway...Hope all is well with you. 8)

Return to “Introductions”