new member from the past "Vincy"

Tell us about you.
Vincy

new member from the past "Vincy"

Post by Vincy » November 10th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Some of you may remember me, I used to hang around 'Litkicks' a decade ago. I am born in Istanbul, of Armenian lineage, I am in Montreal presently, I have been a globetrotter most of my life. so far it has been a roller coaster ride. I would like to say I have no attachments, commitments or expectations, but I probably have a few. I have been a non comformist, a seeker and am anarchisticly inclined. I sometimes go by the name of 'Zero'
'Vensan Zero Kamberk', I have named my art 'Suboriginal', I am a champion for the underdog, I do not shy from speaking out my thoughts spontaneously. Much rather be open and vulnerable than cautious and uptight. I am also a lucid dreamer, an abstract expressionist, a post-existentialist. In a few words. I'm a 60's kind of guy.
I have always been an automatist poet-artist, I write and draw the way some people chew their fingernails. Here are some of my poetry lines that may distinguish me.
----------------------------------------------------------
" When I came to this life nobody told me to breathe
I just took a breath all on my own
or did the breathe take me?."
---------------------------------------------------
"The poet is a word priest
'to play' is this poet's prayer
the choice to make is to make a voice
let us play, pray and rejoice."
--------------------------------------------------
I cherish humility as evidence to my humanity.
-------------------------------------------------------
This is the illusion of the illusion of the illusion of the.............
of being here.
--------------------------------------------------
I am yet to discover how many old friends are here, I recognized Doreen while casual cyber surfing, she led me here, I see Judith and Lightning rod, and stillkicking from the old days, isn't this a thrill, such remarkable talent here, how could it go unnoticed.
Aloha and namaste

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: new member from the past "Vincy"

Post by Doreen Peri » November 10th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Hi Vincy! Good to see you again! Glad you made your way here. Nice intro including the poetic lines! I'm sure you'll find some others here from Litkicks, too, from 10 years ago!

Looking forward to reading your new writings and posts and interacting with you again.

Welcome to the Studio!

:)

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » November 10th, 2011, 11:39 pm

the name "Vincy" in new members made me hope....could it be? the man of balanced rock sculpture? and lo! it's you.

well, welcome!
great you found your way to the studio. Doreen offers a bulging array of energetic havens - home to a lot of us.

hope all's well with you
-judih

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 11th, 2011, 12:30 am

Howdy vincy I enjoyed your poetry on litkicks, man I was so glad to stumble onto studio eight, I was trying hard to get used to life without litkicks, I was so happy when levi restored the archives. I had so many good times on litkicks, I am grateful for the day I stumbled onto it.

well anyway now I try to imagine life without studio eight, happy to see you here, I used to go through user names by the dozens on litkicks, one of mine was zero too, zero hero.
Here is how I feel about this place and why I have only ever needed one user name here on studio eight. that flame board on litkicks was my zen board, I am grateful for my shattered delusions of illusions of love

I could call this place tea at doreen's salon
not unlike this poem
Tea at Rachel Varnhagen's

Currant bread and current affairs
Strong Assam and rooms hazy with words
Beauty and brain not a contradiction in terms
Salons where male and female minds
Shamelessly mated on plush ottomans
Where sensuous mouths dared breathing hard truths
Where strong wills fearlessly bowed to the
Ingenious stroke of a feathery well-kept hand

June 2006

Ulrike Gerbig
my illusions about women are not what they used to be,
oh my, lions and tigers and bears
oh boy those evil women of litkicks 8) it was all grist for the writer's mill, made me stronger not dead. :)

:D to be able to read you again vincy thank you for the poetry

Vincy

Post by Vincy » November 11th, 2011, 1:40 am

feels home already, how time flies, I can feel the acceleration now, it's been 10 years and only moments ago... like de ja vu... I can recall some great jams of verse and remark like... like at the tip of the tongue kind of thing. Doreen, apart from your wonderful poetry you were one to see through the post 'twin tower' disaster, you posted insightful comments that turned prophetic, I remember that clearly and have much respect for your personal integrity, and Judith, I always remember you can flow with verse like a bird with wings, Stilltrucking, I knew you'd still be kicking in places where poetry counts. 'tea at Doreen's Salon' has a nice ring to it, I'll welcome some cookies (the magical kind) and maybe a spliff or two. Looking forward to some creative times guys.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » November 11th, 2011, 2:02 am

!
cool
!
and you can get to know an array of fascinating new voices
i don't do cookies, but could i offer you a guava?

Return to “Introductions”