~Keith Alan Hamilton~

Tell us about you.
keithalanhamilton

~Keith Alan Hamilton~

Post by keithalanhamilton » October 8th, 2012, 10:39 am

I haven't been here for a while, so I will introduce myself again.

Description
Keith Alan Hamilton.com: Publisher/editor/poet/writer/cell phone photographer: http://www.keithalanhamilton.com/

Online publisher providing the creative spirit greater
distribution & readership over the internet
free of charge.

I publish two websites at present:

The Hamilton Gallery ~ Online: an Artist Collaborative of Words, Images and more..... http://www.keithalanhamilton.com/navigate.html

NatureIQ.com ~ “Let’s Survive, Not Die!” http://www.natureiq.com/

As far as me....

I have been developing my spiritual philosophy, style of writing (poetry, prose, sayings, etc.) and photography for many years. My words and photos are rooted within the nurturing arms of my hero, my Polish/German mother, who filled me with her willpower and loving temperament. They are also deeply influenced with the character of my Scot Irish grandfather, who was a master storyteller and could hold his audience spellbound for hours on end. My words and photos often reveal the cultural flavor representative of where I was born. I was raised in the USA, a small place called Freeland, Michigan.

If I were asked to describe my style, I would say it embodies the everyday spirit of a Norman Rockwell illustration, a sort of raw Mark Twain individuality and the perfectionist mannerism captured in an Ansel Adams photo. It is my hope that my everyday style, that unique flavor tasted within the emergence of my words and photos, will appeal to a broad spectrum of people around the world.

My lastest YouTube video, the poem Beyond 2012, promoting my online book Nature ~ IQ: Let's Survive, Not Die! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44QOx8nz ... re=mh_lolz

peace out...... ~Keith Alan Hamilton~

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: ~Keith Alan Hamilton~

Post by Doreen Peri » October 14th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Welcome back, Keith! Nice to see you. I hope you enjoyed the poetry reading in Baltimore!

keithalanhamilton

Post by keithalanhamilton » October 18th, 2012, 2:11 pm

Thank you Doreen. Had a great time at the reading with Dave, Dino and others. Had a good turnout with about 40 in the audience. I was the mystery guest and the last one to read. Went the next day to the Poe museum in Richmond VA and thought that the courtyard there would be a cool place to organize a reading. We'll see :)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 19th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Sounds like fun! That's a long trip for you! Glad you enjoyed being the "special guest". Wish I could have been there.

I've met Dino before at a Poetry in Baltimore reading several years ago when they celebrated one of their anniversaries. I enjoyed reading on the same stage with him and hearing him read.

I've also met Dave a couple of times and always enjoy his readings. Right now, I'm working on an abstract painting of Dave (at his request).

Richmond is quite a haul for me. Sounds like you get around around more than i do. I'm hobbling on a 14 year old car (which, as a matter of fact, is in the shop today). Trying to get it to last me another 100,000 miles or so. Sigh.

Baltimore is about an hour and half from me. Richmond about 2 hours, maybe 2-1/2. At my age, I don't drive that distance, then participate or watch a show, then drive home. It's too much for me. Instead, if I make a trip like that, I get a hotel room and drive back the next day.

If you plan a reading in Richmond, let me know. I have a friend in Richmond who could put me up for the night.

Oh.. and my friend who lives in Richmond ... his name is Kevin (I've known him for 26 years.) He's also a poet and stand-up comic.

Here's a poem he wrote about Baltimore:
Take me back to Baltimore.
It's the town that I adore.
On every corner there's a liquor store.
And standing in front of it, a beauuuuutiful whore!

a poem by Kevin Pierce, air show pilot, stand-up comic, poet & songwriter

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 20th, 2012, 5:43 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hot_l_Baltimore

There used to be a bar in the basement of The Roosevelt Hotel, it was torn down for Camden Yards. Back when I was still dead I used to ghost there. They had a sign behind the bar that read "Have a nice trip." Baltimore, the holy city for me. My blood in its gutters, my life interrupted there.

Nice job on the website. Beautiful job 8)

Return to “Introductions”