Bandit Notions

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

stilltrucking

Re: Bandit Notions

Post by stilltrucking » May 13th, 2012, 12:12 pm

plenty of arguement for sure
I like to keep an open in mind in matters of faith
I was just intrigued by your statement, trying to walk in your mocasin tracks.

I questioned the statement about the closeness of our genetic identity, I liked the thought that we are all brothers, or at least cousins in one big family.

when did this tribal thing start I wondered.

Then I thought about Goolgle ing to see if humans were the least genetically divergent species on earth but I whimped out
cause "I have seen the best minds of my generation destroyed by Google"

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 13th, 2012, 6:18 pm

you just cracked me up, Jack. I just came off of google - was checking out if i could find anything about those Brautigan bookcovers that had him & those women in those black & white photographs. Google had something to say about most of them. That one on the "Revenge of the Lawn" book was a schoolteacher living in Long Beach at the time Brautigan asked her to pose for the photo. She was from Kentucky originally and lives back in Kentucky now. the Doll said she wanted to be a photo on a Brautigan bookcover - she cracks me up too.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 13th, 2012, 6:50 pm

ppp
I was made like a Richard Brautigan beat
be fishing with the side of me next to the side of him
and both of us discussing the bait, the line and where's the best place to fish for the fiend.

I should be there. :P
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 13th, 2012, 10:40 pm

8) 8) 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 15th, 2012, 1:31 pm

sorry i can't make the earthquake - i can't get the Jeep as planned - shot down by circumstances - and it's not even a local condition - i mean this kind of thing goes on all over every day - i mean every minute - hell, every second -

born into a cursed world
what can you do?

the whole damn circus of us, born into doom...and just think, somebody always wants to be president or prime minister or window dressing or a salad or a gangster...

maybe i should go fishing for a different attitude - after all, i was fishing when i found this one.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 16th, 2012, 10:55 am

sometimes you want to deal with words like stumbling into an enemy machine gun nest and turning their own equipment against them - really salad-wack them with their own stuff. All words have their origin in the imagination - this makes them susceptible to use by the imagination. i mean throw them back onto the ground they came from. Pure anarchy is nothing if not fun

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » May 16th, 2012, 12:18 pm

i wish i could say that- i keep trying but i end up with a cig everytime :evil: :arrow: :mrgreen:
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 16th, 2012, 1:11 pm

it's a bitch ... 'cause ya think it's gonna be easy... a flick of the wrist hit the bullseye every time kind of thing ... ya, right ... but it gets addictive - when i wake up in the morning usually the first thing i notice is my mind is already whirring it's wheels - half phrases - shotgun words flying - free form babbling - the works - out & out nonsense to top it all off - but as soon as i try to join in the fun things begin to get structured which is not what i'm after...then, of course, there are the well meaning friends & advisors who say "just let go" - :?
ok, fine, but LET GO OF WHAT AND WHY ? I just don't trust that kind of thing - Anyways, i stumble around on my own, that has always rewarded me with the unexpected - which is exactly what i'm looking for - the thing that makes me go :shock: - hell yeah, mongolia :!: i want spirit ... i want that swing ... be-hop-a-dop-drop-bim-bam-BOOM !!!!!!!!! 8)

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 16th, 2012, 2:18 pm

mingo out in the middle of the dance floor.
I'm gonna Skirt your stuff. :P
Feel that wrapping your side and side me up.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 16th, 2012, 5:18 pm

I have seen ...best minds of my generation destroyed by Google
not me cracking you up it is bruce stirling
HighTech Gothic

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Mercha ... sterling02

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 17th, 2012, 8:51 am

thx Jack, sorry 'bout that - it sounded like something you would say right off the cuff.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 17th, 2012, 8:54 am

now all the geese are walking around with their recent offspring & shitting all over the place and back to nature - what a piece of work that expression is - "back to nature" - farming made war as we know it possible - Rita Hayworth had Alzheimer's - hell of a thing to wake up to ...
"a loss of brain function" is one way it is described - guy made my coffee this morning put way too much cream in it, and he was young - seems age is no proof against being in state as a primate - wack-a-doo wack-a-doo ... there's a saying that goes, "it's all in the way you look at it" right, really? Excuses, excuses... if that were true then everybody would be just no matter what hunky dory, right? Sweet Thursday, Mr. Brautigan, and how do ya like your Sidney Greenstreet now?

I want to read a crime novel where the detective goes barefoot and wears a small blue stone behind his right ear. Won't find that out there anywhere, Kemosabe. We just ain't used to what we were once used to - i want a seismograph that goes all the way to the heart so as to be let know where all the shakin' is goin' on...thank you Jerry Lee ...

It don't matter who the president is, sooner or later they all come down to saying stupid shit and it's so stupid the things that come out of their mouths you actually come to feel sorry for them.
Mr. Obama has come to that point.

I think everyone should go stand next to the tomb of the Unknown Soldier and not go away or eat or do anything until they have had their "moment of clarity" or dementia strikes. Whatever comes first.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 17th, 2012, 11:50 am

just like Ragu mingo, it's all in there
I think you covered it
8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 18th, 2012, 12:52 am

thx, Jack, just stumbling around in the dark 8)

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » May 18th, 2012, 9:49 am

I was thinking it would be like to wake up to being Gilda.
Attachments
gilda.jpg
gilda.jpg (58.28 KiB) Viewed 276 times

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”