the whole thing turning over
in its sleep
the grass born again
reaching up
going green
the telescopes in orbit
catching sight of things
far away
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Unk

Re: Coyote Trails

Post by Unk » May 4th, 2014, 12:26 am

teenage comic crap
weird how something I read in a comic book over sixty years ago still so eidetic so gruesome in my memory. Comic books were considered a menace to children back then. I guess nothing is/has changed except for more school shootings.

Out among the stars
maybe I just want to be young again
maybe
like this a lot
about how I feel about this gift of life
:lol:

out among the stars
who knows who is watching
thanks dino

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 6th, 2014, 10:37 am

How's the bike riding going, Jack? - getting ready to roll here this morning - cooler here than where you are but the sun is out & the road is waiting - no pun intended but i'm on a roll ... 8)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 6th, 2014, 5:30 pm

100 miles last week over seven days, tailbone is sore, I got a shovel ass which just ain't big enough to support 264 pounds, down to 234 still a long way to go, but losing thirty pounds messes up your clothes, my tent sized pants almost wrap around my waist twice, but I can't upgrade my wardrobe yet only half way to my healthy weight.

bought a memory foam seat cushion, hope that helps
Heat is not bad yet, this is still spring, mornings are still cool but late afternoons gets into the nineties. Speaking of the Texas sun

adios and run

thanks for asking hope you like that song as much as I did lyrics are here
she also wrote God Bless the Boys on 16th Ave. I used to live on 16th ave in music city after I got over being homeless at The Union Gospel Mission on Lower Broadway around the corner from the Ryman, yes Jesus loves me but I am much happier when I can pay rent.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 7th, 2014, 9:21 am

That's more miles than I got in between the cold & the rain - trying to make it up this week - had a good ride yesterday & be doing more of the same today - had to swap out the saddle on my bike too - knew from the day I bought the bike I was gonna have to - I tried though - figured me & the seat might break each other in but it wasn't happening -
my son said that if I put an "old man" seat on it I'd lose the "look" of the bike - told him if it came down to a choice between vanity and comfort I'd take comfort every time - thx for the song - hadn't heard it before

Hypatia

Post by Hypatia » May 8th, 2014, 9:50 am

Looking at my bike which I purchased at Walmart already assembled. I have had it two years and suddenly realized they put it together like an abstract sculpture eveything out of whack and twisted, the break levers one above the handlebar one below, when the handlebars are straight the yoke is off ten degrees to the right.

Going shopping today for a pair of cushioned driving gloves my fingers getting numb from the vibration and shock.
I used to be smart.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 8th, 2014, 10:48 pm

no bike mechanics at Mal-Wart - I've learned from somewhat bitter experience to trust that my local bike shop knows what it's doing - (so far) - I've taken a bike to them and they straightened it out for not much money - and it's stayed straightened (so far) - and the bike I ordered through them they assembled right & solid & I have had no issues with it and don't expect any issues with it having ridden it a month now with no probs - least thing in the world I enjoy in my hand is a wrench -

did my share of rollin' today - weather was gorgeous - to put it in capitals - WIND OUT OF THE SOUTH ! 8)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 17th, 2014, 1:10 am

I like the ambiance in bike shops and book stores, feels like I am among fellow space aliens :lol:

The Long Road Home watching this on PBS morning cause I can't sleep yet at midnight,
PTSD and dreams,
Beware of thoughts that come in the night... William Least Heat Moon

random bits
the spirit of music and monsters from the Id
monsters from the subconscious
forbidden planet tonalities
"Electronic Tonalities".

"[Barrons' music sounds like] a molecule that has stubbed its toes." — From the Diary of Anais Nin, Volume 7 (1966-1974).

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bebe_and_Louis_Barron]Image Source{/url]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bebe_and_Louis_Barron

Nightmares about Crazy Mike again, I can't stand success.
only thing to do is sleep on it
good night compadre
Attachments
electronic tonalities.PNG

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 17th, 2014, 8:08 pm

i like the bike shops too - wish i knew enough to put together some ol' ratbike from a handful of parts and a frame i picked up at a yard sale for ten bucks - put it all together shoot with a coat of flat black or rust red primer with a decal of Rhythm Sophie on the rear fender 8) now that would be cool ...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 17th, 2014, 10:56 pm

Never thought about it as a sci-fi shakespeare, the tempest.

they say the sound track should have got an oscar but the musicians union threatened the studio.

Anne Francis in a mini skirt, and I thought that was a sixties thing.

Going to watch the Tempest when I get the time, I got my lights on and getting ready to go night riding, wind is picking up, sounds like another "front" moving through, must be a troth between the Gulf of Mexico and the the great white north, they chug through here so fast, changeable weather sounds like a cliche but Texas weather keeps me guessing.

On the trail of the Navajo the wind blows cold on the trail of the buffalo, on the trail

on the road
OTR drivers
over the road
so many loners
the ones that live for it
homeboy took pity on me and loaned me his $2500 bike mine still in the shop for a busted spoke and wheel truing

Truth be told I feel weird in bicycle shops, as if I don't belong there, the energy is so high.
figured out what Crazy Mike meant when he said I can't stand success...

Trying to remember Douglas Adams line about Bicyclists gotta google
What's our bicycle "social contract"? - Greater Greater ...
greatergreaterwashington.org/post/.../whats-our-bicycle-social-contract/
Jan 5, 2011 - The trouble all starts when you drop bicyclists into the mix. .... when I'm not reminded of the quote by Douglas Adams, in Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul who noted "a moral high ground that cyclists alone seem able to inhabit".

http://greatergreaterwashington.org/pos ... -contract/

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 17th, 2014, 11:51 pm

Bicycles ! at any time!

the Sumerians didn't have them - maybe they didn't have high moral ground either - i was bicycling today - i sometimes call it riding or better yet - wheeling ... i was wheeling down East 1st street after entering town -cruising down that hung a right at Bridge street - no free turn there - and right in front of a cop too - didn't see him til i was half way done with my turn so keep going - we got cops, standing armies, automatic weapons, politicians, nazi's, and other assorted ass-goblins - no way that can be GOOD -

Sumerians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Canadians, - man creates civilizations as a response to death - i read that somewhere - a woman said it in a book she wrote - the Canadians are relatively a sane folk - not without problems of course -

Sumeria - dust
Assyria - dust
Babylon - dust
Rome - dust / just trying to take the guesswork outta history

i've heard it said our best memories are in our nose -

Anne Francis - alive or dead she's still a hottie

Lostwire

Post by Lostwire » May 18th, 2014, 10:37 am

Ann Francis Route 66
episode awesome
Takes place in Montana
Billings I believe
Was there in '74
On a honeymoon
Jam on me!!!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 19th, 2014, 2:44 pm

sure - send me off on a search for a route 66 episode with anne francis - after midnight last night and i was looking for it -

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 19th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Jack - i gotta go count teeth on a rear sprocket - have decided after a month and a half of riding the Tripel that the rear sprocket on the hub is for the young - i'm old and need something a bit more relaxed - and screw all that testosterone shit in the meantime - the ridges around here courtesy of the last ice age i usually walk up anyways no matter which bike i'm on - it's the going into any kind of headwind for any distance is the killer for me - i need to drop ratios a notch or two - i have an older three speed i bought off of craigslist last year in the cellar - the rear sprocket is bigger on it than the one on the Tripel so gonna attempt a swap - wish me luck
8)

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”