Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by the mingo » September 21st, 2017, 6:33 pm

The rubberband wheelhouse superwoman turns off the forefoot on her bellboy's matchbox no comeback no warehouse nevermore got my backdrop tight
but my notebook I ain't seen what an underdog township - blueberry starship don't ask I'll text you later with format

Zuihitsu @ 6:35 pm
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 22nd, 2017, 9:05 am

The circumnavigation of the cosmococcic is more than a blue sky thang..... ryokan looked up & it was all blue ......never wondered why?... the kids played with him, they laughed & sang....blue vastness in Nepalese skies. ...breath frozen on a cold morn.....9:01 Still chilled beneath ac blast.....its the 1st day of autumn......
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 19th, 2017, 7:00 am

Wow I ain't been here since 22 September - ? - damn coffee tastes like it was flavored with blueberries this a.m. - wtf - could be my geezer taste buds -
or geezer brain - I say to myself, why don't you come out here and sing? but I don't feel the need at the moment -

It's the 19th of October, 2017 - the fuck

6:21 a.m. - not a cloud - you can see all the stars - my spacer bar is fucked - took the day of yesterday from hauling wood - wentfora bike ride instead -
yeah, fuck going back to unrun the words that my spacer bar ran together - I don't give two shits no more - I'mdamn shiny & that'sall there is to it -
displaced pain and english muffins - fuck yeah, Mongolia - just lit a fire - my hands smell like pine

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 23rd, 2017, 8:40 am

ain't even woke all the way up yet shouldn't be operating a keyboard - get another load of slabwood today maybe get one for the landlord too he's been good 'bout lending me his van to haul this stuff and bitching 'bout how the loads I get for him are smaller than the loads I get for me ... I tell him, "Carrying charges, my boy, carrying charges" - straight outta Casablanca I'm tellin' ya - dog howling his fool head off in the backyard this morning, something crossed in the night and he was on the scent - I had to drag him in to the house by the neck - autumn in full swing - fallen leaves floating down the river -

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 29th, 2017, 11:51 am

Raining raining raining - rescued a cat, kitten, by the roadside two days ago when I was out on the bike - minding my own business and fighting a stiff south wind what made for slow going, when God, that meddler, had me notice this small black fur covered head in the grass - I wanted to roll right by but the name Basho made me turn around and go back -
Basho ? yeah, Basho ... at the start of one of his wanderings across Japan him & his companion came upon a baby abandoned by parents on a riverbank. Basho, instead of being a man much less a human being, took the opportunity to ask some philosophical questions about the situation. Then Basho & his companion turned and left the child there - the sky was spitting snow. So I'm standing by the roadside looking down at a kitten, all black with green eyes, not completely weaned even, unsteady on her feet. I wondered what she was doing way out here. Then I noticed a few feet up the shoulder of the road a foam bowl with food in it and a foam saucer with some milk in it that two leaves had already fallen upon.
I did not want a cat. I certainly did not want to be responsible for a kitten - I stood there looking down at her - I really wanted to ride away, it was a beautiful October afternoon, I had been out riding, thought maybe to bag a 'ku or two and life is short. The name "Basho" appeared once more in my pre-frontal cortex ... right then I cheated the owls, the coyotes, the dogs, and the poor sad bastards who had left this animal out here to die. I bent down, scooped up the kitten and stuffed her into the right front pocket of my camo jacket ( she was small enough to fit ok ) and buttoned the flap on the pocket - I remounted the Ghost of the Susquehanna headed south back into the wind - at the crossroads I turned east - went a couple of miles to the next crossroads where I turned north - now me & the Ghost had the wind at our backs and about five miles to eat at easy speed between us and the camp - the kitten mewed crazy from my pocket all the way home. I pressed my hand up against the outside of the pocket to reassure only to find she had pissed in my pocket.
I did discover something from all this, my name ain't Basho. The kitten is a she - I've named her Doc because my beagle is named Wyatt. A reason for everything, a reason for God to send a stiff south wind two days ago to keep me slow that I might see. To keep me slow that I might feel. To keep me slow that I might face a decision. That I might act. Thank You, Lord.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » October 29th, 2017, 12:46 pm

......why'd Basho do that? I'll always wonder.......

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 29th, 2017, 10:13 pm

WIREMAN wrote:
October 29th, 2017, 12:46 pm
......why'd Basho do that? I'll always wonder.......
Yeah, me too ... there is something in oriental thought called the "Will of Heaven" - I have not studied it close but am acquainted with it - it is how it is used & applied that has never set well with me - extremely arbitrary ... I have no trust in it - and it's cold - to not do what is right is one thing, to not do what is needed or called for is something else entire - I cannot judge him for what he didn't do but I've never been able to justify him leaving that baby there on the riverbank with the night and its snow & cold coming on ... for me it colors everything he did & wrote -

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 1st, 2017, 7:46 pm

Old basho and a compadre left a baby out in the cold? Did it die or survive? We know not........what is the concept in the east for this mindset?........

Writers settin in a studio with their puters, writing, silent.......interesting concept ......coming up a discussion ....should be interesting after two hours of silent writing....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 2nd, 2017, 10:21 am

WIREMAN wrote:
November 1st, 2017, 7:46 pm
Old basho and a compadre left a baby out in the cold? Did it die or survive? We know not........what is the concept in the east for this mindset?........

Writers settin in a studio with their puters, writing, silent.......interesting concept ......coming up a discussion ....should be interesting after two hours of silent writing....
Yeah, it's in the beginning of his Travelogue of Weather-Beaten Bones starting with "On the bank of the Fuji River, we came upon an abandoned child, about age two ...he goes on to conclude, "This must be the will of heaven. We mourn his fate."

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 3rd, 2017, 3:21 pm

Mitsuhashi Takajo
"the chief woman writer of haiku in Japan." said R.H.Blyth in 1964.

A statue of her is at Shinshoji Temple.

The Japanese do that - erect statues of their poets all over the place - in parks & groves & temples, along trails ... it can be kinda creepy but I like it -

climb this tree
and you'll be a she-devil
red leaves in the sunset glow - Mitsuhashi Takajo

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 3rd, 2017, 3:26 pm

After we all dried off and hung our honest sentences on the line a car drove by that mimicked a small flock of Canadian geese and why were our next thoughts of getting passports ? I have no answer at 3:26 p.m. November 3rd, 2017.
The Evolution of Traffic Signage & Thoughts on Cleavage - J. Olsen Haynes

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 5th, 2017, 9:57 pm

Inevitable does not necessarily equate with predestination. Poems are necessary, it seems, because they happen.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 8th, 2017, 8:14 pm

Zuihitsu like Japan candy......sweetness was good old Walter....he was a bear of a man...this story swings to the very bottom of the sound,you think it's going nowhere and just when it is it reaches out and grabs ya.....see how they run,all them lady madonnas,a comedy of who done its, brought to you by lucky charms (their magically delicious)....7 o'clock pm. And alls well, add a minute to that....9 writers tonight, all on puters, a lovely sight to behold......

2nd verse same as the 1st, I'm Henry the 8th I am ...hermits and brummels get thee to your caves...all that dressing up never did any good...I tell you this story swings from the rafters....this one old guys tappin' out the keys like a mf over here on my left

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 10th, 2017, 5:07 am

Yeah, rockin' & rollin to his own sweet tune - Hell yeah, Mongolia ! 8)

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » November 10th, 2017, 8:57 pm

Nothing is more necessary than the unnecessary.
La Vita è bella
watched that movie twenty times or more, ten times in Italian cause I like the sound of the language.

How sweet it is
rolling and rocking
dreamd about old women last night
in bosom of Abraham
a woman is a woman is a rose

Stockdale Texas is ten miles from here. What a world what a world
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”