Moderator: the mingo

stilltrucking

Re: Bandit Notions

Post by stilltrucking » August 17th, 2013, 1:13 pm

karbella today.PNG

Linear thoughts on dangerous curves
random as my thoughts today
as I try to focus on the task at hand

“ Indeed our words will remain lifeless, barren, devoid of any passion, until we die as a result of these words, whereupon our words will suddenly spring to life and live amongst the hearts that are dead, bringing them to life as well.”
Sayyid Qutb

"Consciousness of death is the primary repression, not sexuality."
The Denial of Death by Ernest Becker

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 19th, 2013, 9:07 pm

In the pic you posted Jack, who is trapped?

Still riding? I've two bikes now. I ride all the time.
I believe my next one is gonna be a fixie.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 19th, 2013, 11:25 pm

" We were not descendants of any god or goddess but there we were when the sky came down and put us smack into the belly of a cloud. "

The Rhyme Master's Broom - Lelah D. LaRella
[Brautigan Library]

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 19th, 2013, 11:27 pm

" I'd be more than cereal & milk to your wicked fast - the perfect constituent for the enormous road up."

The ZoomBoom Brothers - Sinjin St.Quint
[Brautigan Library]

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 21st, 2013, 9:42 am

"Make mine stainless steel" she always said, which she considered a noble invention, all the way around."

Last Nail of Sue Carpenter - Anon
[ Brautigan Library ]

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 21st, 2013, 1:10 pm

" That passive-aggressive son of a bitch refused algebra twice & geometry three times and began sporting the wearing of bracelets he made himself out of dog chain leashes. Now that's the whole story on him right there. He fancied himself a poet too and early on, even before the dog leash bracelets showed up. He made for himself more trouble than even Jesus did & anybody could tell none of it was gonna amount to nothing but no good. "

The Matter of Blue Zones - Joe Saya Parker
[ Brautigan Library ]

myrna minkoff

Post by myrna minkoff » August 21st, 2013, 1:32 pm

Joe Saya Parker writes good stuff, even if it is written with crayons. 8)

passive aggression
is pretty got dam painful
worse that getting your foreskin stuck in the zipper on the fly of your favorite pair of bluejeans

I got turned down for Vietnam because of my compulsive personality, that figurative shotgun under my chin probably saved my life. Surfer Mike, a hero of mine, told about a sweltering hot day when a new guy would not take his helmet off because he was so afraid he would get shot. The guy fried his brains under that steel pot. Started shrieking and shrieking, go on every bodies nerves. I can't remember exactly how mike said it, but I think every one was kind of relieved when the guy was finally shot.

Yeah I think my selective service board knew what they were doing when they declared me "unfit for military service" I was noone that a souljer would want to cover his back. You think I am crazy now, good thing you did not know me then.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 21st, 2013, 1:59 pm

The foreskin in the zipper reference gave me the cringe. You ain't crazy Jack, like most all of the rest of us you are just fucked in the head. A truly crazy person is actually quite difficult to find. They exist of course but not numerous. Fucked-in-the-head however is common as dust. The simple act of being born is enough to fuck some folks in the head while others pick it up along the way - some event will precipitate it, inevitably.

A fucked-in-the-head mingo thought on a Wednesday afternoon half past the Promised Land in the great state of Yew Nork where fucked-in-the-head is the natural condition of affairs.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 22nd, 2013, 9:09 am

" But Ted is up to wondering what to throw out. He is so freaked by it all he won't even leave the house to take pictures and you know how he loves that camera. He told me the other day he was in the woods and looked back over his shoulder in time to see a single leaf falling to the ground. All the things that had to transpire to bring him to that moment in that place filled his mind and overwhelmed it - I think that's what happened. He's not eating either but he must, at least, be taking water. He didn't look dehydrated to me. Did he look dehydrated to you?
How long can someone survive on a water-only diet? "

Ted & the Falling Leaf - Jimmie Berry-Taker
[Brautigan Library]

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 22nd, 2013, 1:34 pm

" Ya think you're a binkle? You're not even a half-binkle. You're a binkle in your dreams maybe. Now leave off bugging me with your shit. I got things to do. You really think it's all about you, don't ya? News flash to your doorstep JoeBob - it ain't.

The Tire is Warped - J. Rotax
[Brautigan Library]

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 23rd, 2013, 1:11 am

" The hotel was full of ghosts. It was too stressful. Divided loyalties. The deck was stacked with relationships & the tsunamis from that left the shorelines unrecognizable. It was no wonder people got lost or washed out to sea. The Indians never chose this place as a village site - they only passed through to elsewhere stopping only long enough to fish. "

River City - Augustina Distin-Rowlee & Jamie Stillwater
[Brautigan Library]

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 23rd, 2013, 7:42 am

" The coming day was just touching the tops of the trees during the last days of August that year when I remembered how it was. How you were all I wanted. We thought the future was where we were going and just the place for us. The way it worked out we were right about where we were going but wrong about it being the place for us. Now one of us has been dead for awhile and the other is waiting. "

The Year the Bees Didn't Come Back - Buffalo Jean Montana
[Brautigan Library]

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 23rd, 2013, 12:34 pm

" That was the world's smallest titsy bitsy tiniest spider hanging there from a single thread in the light just swishing back and forth when it was breathed on. A half dozen of them could fit on the head of a pin easy. It's building a web right there under the light too. That's been going on since a couple hours ago. How does something that damn small bring down any prey at all much less something smaller even that itself? Just tell me that. And don't bother telling me it's vegetarian - you can just drop off into hell if you do. "

The Span - Panfish Bakerson
[Brautigan Library]

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » August 23rd, 2013, 9:35 pm

I got a spider living in my coffee pot
tell me how life survives in an atmosphere of fire and brimstone
and I will call you G d

I been cooped up most of the last three weeks trying to get certified and a web search engine elevator operator.

'Pink Flamingos' got nothing on me.

Strange little movie, stranger than strange, about Baltimorons.

I have not rode in a week. I gotta get back on my wheels.

I can always count on Studio eight to get me through another bad night

I need something to laugh about

don't we all?
Attachments
marx bros (1).jpg
Last edited by jackofnightmares on September 19th, 2013, 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 23rd, 2013, 11:11 pm

I got a spider in my charger I use to for the batteries for my pv's - she's been hanging there for three weeks now - even when I try to sneak up on her she disappears inside the charger - fire & brimstone don't make good living conditions for much of anything which reminds me ... of something ... but - it's gone now - damn if that don't happen a lot these days - like I said I ride most everyday - that three speed I bought is upside down on it's handlebars and seat at the moment - the back tire warped yeah warped - so bought a new tire today with a view to installing it tomorrow and getting her back upright and out to the road - the other bike I got is called a hybrid - 18 gears to get me across the landscape - I use that most and it's a fun piece of machinery - it's makers called it a Coyote - love it - got my sights set on getting a bike known as a "fixie" next - google that or youtube it if you're interested - yeah this is a decent place to be most times - a web search engine elevator operator ? - sounds like a Brautigan job to me -

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”