Bandit Notions

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Bandit Notions

Post by the mingo » September 29th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Banditry is part of that vast & virtually unwritten history of the inarticulate.
R.G. Tiedmann

There is a web of roots under everything, deeply & intimately entwined. Fact can nowhere be separated from fiction. I am reminded of this every time I touch a keyboard or reach for a pen or entertain a thought and I remember what the Queen of the Bandits said when she was thrown into a cold border cell just the other side of Christmas, USA.
As her captors began to turn away, thinking the business was finished, she said to them all, "This may be my cage, but I am your prison."
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Re: Bandit Notions

Post by the mingo » November 2nd, 2011, 12:29 pm

Time for some coffee.
i am damn tired of all this spaghetti for sure.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 2nd, 2011, 12:42 pm

I like to watch what light does to things. A man might not do better & he certainly could do much worse, then watch the travel of sunlight across a pine branch as the sun rises into the sky most mornings.

i don't go anywhere to be enchanted - i go to breathe. Breath brings oxygen to the blood and the life is in the blood. Not in the mind, not in the heart.
In the blood.

that's where the blues live too.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 2nd, 2011, 12:48 pm

Ol' Genghis Khan
he had the blues
decided it was time to move

He shook and overran a good part of the globe with his blues. After he died (o yeah he died ) his sons and commanders decided to go serious and "rule" the empire.

That was dumb. And boring.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 2nd, 2011, 1:07 pm

"Post Reply" ... how come we don't have like a pre- reply to go with post reply ?

All any human being is tasked with in this world is to believe and then to be ready for action. That's it - the whole shebang, the really big show. But, funny thing, we don't go to the big show, which is free. We rather go to carnivals where we must pay admission to be lied to, cheated on, and tricked.

Yabba Dabba Do ?

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 2nd, 2011, 2:04 pm

down here where words are rumble ya gotta tumble the stone to show the smooth.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » November 2nd, 2011, 2:18 pm

'So it goes.'
:P

neener neener
What tripped your trap, my mingo bud.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 3rd, 2011, 1:05 am

Don't know ... sometimes things pile up and they aren't exactly poetry or stories or things i would say to anybody in conversation - it's mingo's lingo & sometimes it's just gotta go loose ... see ya posted to Jack so I'm gonna go check it out then I'll see ya down at your place ...

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 3rd, 2011, 11:42 am

Textbox madness ! Spider witness to spider scrawl ! gonna leave some writin' on the wall !

Mitt divided by Romney = what? or maybe who ? Every time he smiles i just want to paint all his teeth blue.

blue ridge bridge over the canyon o Baby load me in the cannon shoot me to Mars touch the stars i got me one black jeep & gonna go where it gets deep !
bam ba bam bam do!

i got a blow-up mattress in my living room - i lay upon it and go boom-boom!

the pumpkins have served their purpose as houses for the wandering spirits when they come roaming around. I get 'em all in there then i roll 'em on down.

the bankers want to generate more income. can you believe it beneath the sun? Some day we all be long past caring do you wanna beat evil then ya better start sharing ...

bam ba bam bam do!

i think it's time for toast & marmalade lotsa butter all on the bread only thing i know yet is i ain't dead and there ain't no shade in hell.
bam ba bam bam do
bam ba bam bam do !

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » November 3rd, 2011, 12:21 pm

"The Queen of the bandits" i liked all that a lot mingo
Have you thought about painting it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZfVbvSV ... re=related
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 3rd, 2011, 12:52 pm

Hell well there's an idea but I never thought of it 'till your mention of it Jack.
Don't know if I could paint it, but I will keep it in mind. Glad for your response, good o hear from ya. Working all the time here at the moment seven days and carry on down to the power station. It's weird but it seems to spark excess energy. I been writin' and paintin' my ass off when i'm not workin'. Ai't checked the vid you left yet so gonna go do that. Catch ya later, Jack.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 3rd, 2011, 12:55 pm

PS - if ya find any missin' n's in my post my n on my keyboard has gotte to be a bit of a bitch about workin and sometimes i don't catch all the missin' n's in the proofread. sometimes i don't proofread too. 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 3rd, 2011, 2:35 pm

Thx for the vid Jack - hadn't heard these folks before and it was alright.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 3rd, 2011, 10:12 pm

white stripes they are a brother and sister
good band
great lyrics
"your loyalty is to the stars above"

I thought we lost another cat to the coyotes last night

Beautiful writing mingo
so seldom I notice the light
not proud of that, just mentioning it because I am grateful you brought it to my attention.

I need to get out more, this the best time of year here. cool nights down into the thirties even then back up into the eighties when the cold front moves through. I am so grateful for that bus job, it gets me out of the house where I tend to hermit because I spend so much time working at the computer.

there is a time of year, a certain day in the fall of a golden light in late afternoon, I last noticed in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia years ago. I remember thinking at the time I have seen this light before, so excruiating beautiful the world looked in that light.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 4th, 2011, 1:02 am

we get that light here too Jack...usually in the afternoons in the fall, not every day but always in the afternoon between two and three and shit you're right there ain't no describing it - just know it when i see it. Know what ya mean 'bout sittin' at the 'puter but i've been working seven day workweeks so i get 15 minutes here 5 minutes there and maybe a half hour somewhere else during the day before my shift on the 'puter - point is i'm not sittin on it for hours. This will go on until they are done with their "outage" down to work. Gonna use some of my overtime to get some vaping goodies. This coming January will be two full years since i've touched tobacco in any form. And i don't miss it. You never told me how you made out with that. Catch ya later, Jack. And thx again on the vid - i listened to some more from them after I hit the one ya posted. Enjoyed. Glad on ya for the driving stint.

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”