Coyote Trails

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Coyote Trails

Post by the mingo » March 18th, 2015, 11:36 pm

8)
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 24th, 2015, 7:01 am

black wires stretched out against the orange light of dawn - life on the downslopes
of the Tug Hill Plateau -

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 25th, 2015, 9:30 pm

this book amazing...makes sense of all our short form excursions...i wanted to send some pages but id probably catch hell from doreen :lol:...on kindle
Attachments
image.jpg
Last edited by WIREMAN on March 26th, 2015, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 25th, 2015, 11:14 pm

yes - I read the pages you posted earlier - I will get the book - what those last three folks did was exactly what I have thought from time to time - I use to build driftwood "structures" down on the lakeshore - used stone too and whatever else was there - point of it all was not the "structure" so much or at all - it was going back from time to time after the construction was done to see what rain & sun & wind & wave of storm had done to them - and I could never find the word or words to carry what was happening to them - the "emptiness" between the events & the silence that lay there - I never really knew why I did it in the first place - now maybe I do -some of what I read from the pages you posted earlier were so close to what I could never articulate might as well have been a bullseye -

- it has always been about the nature or the fact of consciousness that fascinated me the most about anything - I have never found a resolution to it - or the "vanishing point" - at least now I know that others have been here with the same aim - I will get the book, and thx, Mark -

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 26th, 2015, 1:12 am

yeah there is something primal in those chinese words we've been reading ....simple as a bow, a salute to the infinite....there are things this man has written that provide a clarity to what it is that we are creating....thats why i find all i want from my writing in the process of writing it, after some inspiration from deep inside....then i put it out there, share it with whoever wants to read it....hell i dont want or need advice about it, it is what it is.....save it?...if it disappears from this electronic realm a part of it is still inside....kinda the same thing with my wire sculptures, they are made to take flight......move on.....all im interested in is making a new one..... 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 26th, 2015, 5:54 am

same thing with my wire sculptures, they are made to take flight......move on.....all im interested in is making a new one.....
that's how I do it - 8)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 26th, 2015, 1:17 pm

never fall in love with my own creations....the next one is alwayze better....it's the unconquered realm.....ya know i was blown away when i heard and saw bobby dylan say he
couldnt write like in his hayday, with his head bowed.....exactly why i never got on the fast track....makin arts a slow ride ifn u wanna stay in it for the long haul.... 8)

read this in a miller book way back when....
Attachments
image.jpg

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » April 5th, 2015, 10:15 am

i bet ur hittin them roads now.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 5th, 2015, 10:23 pm

... still tinkering with rigging the bike out but yeah, been out for a ride or two - temps going up and down though - it will be in the fifties one day, next day in the twenties - one thing I have discovered is riding these back roads around here you can go a half hour or more without being passed by a single car - just a local now and again - makes for a real relaxing experience -
8)

creativesoul

Post by creativesoul » April 6th, 2015, 12:06 pm

I NEVER HAD MUCH COYOTE MEDiCINE- in the winter when people tell stories of the coyote i had a respect- my room mate used too get 'alarmed;' when a whole bunch of howling camoe out of the woods-but for me- they are the politicians of the forest- somewhere there is an elk with a huge rack that is the president- at least of that herd-
i am becoming old and i have learned my lessons- but o walk more like a horse- i like the grazing- the pasture- and being ridden-
i have had a few horses leading me this last week-came out of no where and just walked in front of my car for awhile-
i saw an eagle that day too- said some prayers for a dead rabbit on the road-
dunno why my world does not seem to match with the usual- but cares? my kids love me- they take care of me- i must have been a good mother- but what happened in the arbor that year-
was prayers that were heard- and answered the way they were meant to be- like smoke- you cannot control it- you can blow smoke rings towards the ceiling-or go outside and talk to the stars- :mrgreen:
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 7th, 2015, 9:14 am

hey Jana - stepped out the door of the longhouse the other night to look at the sky - got a hell of a view of it here on the downslopes of the Tug Hill Plateau - and no trees around me to interfere cause i'm in this big open field between woods - coyotes began singing the other side of the hill and they were strange sounding at first - they sounded like electronic blips or like whales vocalizing from underwater - never heard that tone before - ever - they kept it up for awhile then toward the end began to sound the way coyotes should sound -

it was an out-of-the-ordinary thing in the middle of the ordinary - as if anything is ordinary 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 9th, 2015, 9:05 am

text field ? i tried one time to report on the presence of Martians in the jello but everybody went right on building their personal McDonald's dreamscapes on all available corners but you can't tip a frog on its side and expect it to stay that way or even back in style o man i gotta reel back on listening to all that electro swing & feeding on all those risky biscuits - well, it's true.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 9th, 2015, 9:26 am

i'm curious. about signs on the ground that say something but the last word is hidden by old grass. can't read it from the window. suppose this is going to necessitate getting off my ass and walking over there to see what i can't see from here. not right now though. it's cold. it's raining. it can wait. some days my mind sways heavily which is why i went back to riding bicycles. hell, maybe i'll go all the way back to making my own spear points. sitting by the rain swollen rivers chip chip chipping away.

yeah, really pleistocene the thing. catch a glimpse of the girl with the bird ring.
otherwise enjoying the mystery of women in white suv's returning home from untold journeys entering their driveways.

opening the doors of their houses to await the advent of the next ice age.

on & on don't mean nothing that ain't got swing.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » April 14th, 2015, 12:51 pm

rock of ages
carnival life
adventures
i see tire tracks
where the rubber
meets the road
a good year?
gots ta b better
than tha dang
blasted winter
we endured......

the mingo

Post by the mingo » April 15th, 2015, 8:51 am

i hope so - that was a bitch of a season - it's done here except for some snow deep in the woods or in the shadows of the hills - rivers & streams swollen with meltwater & rain & roaring - been thinking of starting something different up here, call it Plateau 'Ku - not so much "1st thought - best thought" but no thought at all to interfere - just this side of instantaneous - "see it-say it" more like - an absence of craft or tinkering - just wham! bam! & move the hell on without a backward glance -

- crossing the bridge
the roar of water beneath
passing to the sea -

... looks 'ku-like don't it? not though - came to me in the act of wheeling across one of the bridges over the Little Salmon River around here - i wasn't half way across when the words came - and i dug the notion & the feeling - got to get a 3x5 notepad for this because i'm out alot now on the bike and these notions come & go just like wind -

-old man games- ... ought to do me for the season 8)

yesterday in the mail i got what they call a "hands free carry all" - it's a strap to which pockets and such are incorporated - hold your phone, sunglasses, sundries & such - for when you don't need a backpack but it's too much for your pockets - holds it all on a handy strap - you wear it across your body like a bandolier belt from hip to shoulder - checked it out on a ride yesterday - works well - make ya look like Pancho Villa in the 21st century

hell yeah, Mongolia !

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”