Coyote Trails

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Coyote Trails

Post by the mingo » February 28th, 2015, 9:49 am

the form, haiku with ease we slide on the ice of it, as did jack w/jazz in daze of yore.....
... I ain't gonna say a word 'bout snow or cold this time - been gathering 'ku wherever I go now -
many of them won't get written because of the move and I forget but I got plans for the spring - bike gonna be my platform, my beast of burden into 'ku country - a pony with wheels -

a man is not
limited by his machines
but only his mind

On walks with the hound around here I have penetrated some of the backroads at least until my fingers get cold - not very far but far enough to imagine many things - all the backroads within range of my longhouse go into the woods in all directions - from just what I've been able to see so far bike season can't get here soon enough - there are 'ku all over this landscape, 'ku I can't even imagine - I can hear the whisper of them all even in the frigid air - not just 'ku either but short-form all over -

yesterday at the bridge
three deer crossing the ice upstream
their tracks on the snow

met my landlord for the first time two days ago - he enjoys meeting & talking to people - 82 years old but ya wouldn't know it - said he had been in the service, I didn't ask when or where - could have been Korea, maybe even Vietnam if he had been in for twenty years - he had to think for a moment if he was 82 or 83 - 20 yrs older and me and moving around right spry - if I make that age I hope I'm as lively as him - I liked him right off -

treasure on the plateau
shining as diamonds
the people

lots of folks up here favor those Mongolian style hats, you know, the ones that cover the entire head with ear flaps and lined with rabbit fur - my landlord was wearing a camo head rag - he lifted you up with his speech & manner -

this region could exist without all the talk but the talk & flow of speech are here just the same
8)
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 1st, 2015, 10:26 pm

seem to be having trouble finding my mongol hat???
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 2nd, 2015, 12:14 pm

snow - I'm just snow - inside and out - too early to be thinkin' 'bout biking but that's exactly what I torture myself with everyday - Tug Hill Plateau is laughing at me - it says, "What's the matter with you? Don't you know where you are at , boy?"

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 3rd, 2015, 2:39 am

more unsettling weather
on the way.....seems to be
the number one topic for
too long......

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 3rd, 2015, 8:54 am

yeah I know - just wore on from moving - too old for this kind of struggle - at 20 would have said put the load on me - now 40 some odd years later I say get away from me & take your snow shovel & your presidents with ya! - ever have to move again gonna pay somebody to do it -
romance is for the young - old men have finally entered upon reality and exclaim, "Fucked at the drive-thru again!"

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 3rd, 2015, 1:20 pm

Think I'm gonna get one of these- www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBlBZSjHXg0 - if spring ever gets here - learning a different way of things up here on the western slopes of Tug Hill Plateau - get this big easy machine and pimp her up with a white saddle with a Navajo design on it - leather grips with a complimentary design on them -
gotta have a bell, seen one today with a Day-of-the-Dead sugar skull design - gotta have it - maybe a set of Fat Frank's tires in brick red with white sidewalls - a set of fenders, maybe in red - be stylin' then for across the river and into the trees - rear rack, saddlebags, o mama! be backroadin' my ass off in comfort - she'll be my ku' hunter - might call her Ghost of the Susquehanna to boot - got five feet of snow not counting drifts outside my window at the moment and here i am california dreamin' on my way to hell yeah, Mongolia - you betcha! 8)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 6th, 2015, 12:17 am

sweet bike....i wanname one tocruise around frederick on....yassssssss.....

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 6th, 2015, 12:39 am

399.00 dream machine.......i likes it....
Attachments
image.jpg

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 6th, 2015, 1:27 pm

yeah that's the pony - I almost bought this last year but decided for the Tripel instead - still love that ride but want this one too - think it would be a good one for you cruising around down there in Fredrock - I have a three speed shimano hub on the Tripel and it's been a trooper with all the miles I put on her last year - not one glitch in all that time & I never had to mess with it at all and I put hundreds of miles on her last season - this bike has that same hub, same setup.
The Tripel is a more aggressive bike and that's ok but this one is laid back massive - it appeals to me too - gonna rig her out some like I said before - she's gonna be my 'ku hunter up here in the hills and villages around - and for you cruising around your town easy riding it would be sweet - made for that kind of thing - this bike has been around for awhile and the reviews I've read for it are heavily positive - for what that's worth - it's inexpensive to get into and it looks like a hell of a bunch of fun - gonna pull the trigger on her here soon -

Most of my time is my own to do with as I please - Nancy still works so she's gone all day - when she gets home I make dinner and we let the evening unfold however it wants - have explored some of these roads around here by jeep - gonna be some sweet saddle time on them when the season changes -

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 6th, 2015, 2:24 pm

thanks for the info, it really helped 8)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 14th, 2015, 5:50 pm

the worlds gone crazy
pies a day and st. pattys day
is now a weekend but its on
tuesday...i still aint gonna drink no
stinkin green beer.... :lol:

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 14th, 2015, 11:03 pm

couldn't go the beer green route myself - either,I could never sort out if my brain was in my penis or my penis in my brain, gotta be some kind of koan in that somewhere - rain here - RAIN - ain't seen rain since november - RAIN

HELL YEAH, MONGOLIA !

just saw a vid on youtube for throat singing - 9 hours & 9 minutes worth - Damn !

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 15th, 2015, 8:54 pm

all hail Tuva and their genghis blues throat singers....yeah the doves r back, i noticed em cooing away in their love nest the other night...freaks em out when i let screen door slam...gotta watch that....last year there were 2 sets of hatchlings....spring n summer.....year before too.....they tried to get rid of em a few years back, but they come back every year....i likes em...they were my science project last year when i wasnt workin....alarm clock too:)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 18th, 2015, 5:27 am

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 18th, 2015, 6:50 pm

makes ya realize borders are bullshit...thanks for this mingo 8) ....all hail mongolia!saskatoon too!

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”