and me out there
with the crickets
the coyotes
and the moon
then back home eventually
and a couple of hours with my own 'puter
for online chess
then call it a day
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Re: Sir Real & his Rocket Pocket Rats

Post by the mingo » September 8th, 2014, 2:39 pm

the diamond bounty of america
is all the shattered glass
scattered along its roadsides
all the beer consumed on friday & saturday nights
all the sky it lays under

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 9th, 2014, 8:39 am

Kerouac's Guide

15. Telling the true story of the world in interior monolog
____________________________________________________ -

the pen falls over lays on its belly in epic noah's boat position when i think back to that field where everything took off its clothes then there's Jesus - not one instance in Scripture where he took off his clothes but he must have - don't seem the type to take a bath with clothes left on - neep neep neep - the sense of the fence is to keep in or keep out - light is more powerful to a moth than even apex sex - sometimes the birds fly along with you to feel something on the soft villages of the tongue's interior spending sincere dollars in final summer that will go - the earth needs far hands to high the year holding nothing except the pictures you insisted taking of the old abandoned houses that bring the creek still flowing somewhere in mind but just that special section we didn't care where the water came from or where it was going just that one special section holy with old trees among the young & we wanted to stay there with the moon animals in a copy of the forest as we would have it we could see it as our living room with the grasslands of Mongolia as our kitchen - the passage to time makes sand of the mountains - brings only dust so that we ask where to from here? then we build easy bikes from small stones that hold together no one knows how & we ain't afraid because in this place we can take it with us or always come back if we fall away

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 10th, 2014, 7:40 am

in the beginning the dog wakes me up by sticking his nose into my face & licking my eyeballs with his tongue - he's been to Council Bluffs, Iowa & Pulaski, New York & Mongolia & knows things i don't so i get up go piss & go around turning all the lights off that have been left on - turn on the computer station head for the kitchen set up the coffee maker look out the window check the temperature - grab the coffee sugar it & ready the coffeemaker for the next round - back to the computer station where i plug myself into the worldwidematrix - time to make some noise - check to see if my opponent has left a move in our current online chess game - yes, he has - i intend to reduce his will to oppose me by ripping out his guts at the e5 square - players of chess think about it all wrong - they think it's all about skill & strategy & moves & creativity but they couldn't be more in error - it comes down to who wants the win more - Ho Chi Minh taught me that - the dog is now on the couch giving his front paws a bath with his tongue -

GOOD MORNING A-MER-I-CA !

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » September 10th, 2014, 2:01 pm

... and all is well snuggled up in the great wooded acreage of the northeast where bunny rabbits as big as maine coons search out their daily meals wherever their nose leads them.

goo to read you el mingo... it tells me your still alive and got your wits with you packed in a slim leather wallet safely packed in your left rear pocket for immediate reference should wit be necessary.

the skies are blue and cloud-free so I can listen to the universe hum it's om while i sit uselessly on my deck testing my own wits against the two dogs that we feed and i pick up their shit for free.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 10th, 2014, 5:44 pm

...no doggie dog these daze, maybe if i ever retire i'll get one again....used to write about zorba alot here in old times when carole jean was alive....best silent friend i ever had....
....it was a doggie life on splice....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 10th, 2014, 7:47 pm

ha! i hear you on the picking up the dogshit for free Cec - i keep my driveway clear of it the same way for the same pay - as for the wit i have to keep a store of it somewhere because it's not on hand the way it used to be - ah, the glory days
when shooting from the hip was as natural as breathing - had to trade in my pistolas for shotguns these days cause my aim got old along with my eyes so my solution is to fill the air with lead knowing something's bound to fall - i know it's a shitass methodology but it works often enough to be of some use - yeah i'm still running up & down the river & running the roads on my bike and making a noise in this world while i still can -
thx for reading Cecil & saying so

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 10th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Wireman - don't know what I'm gonna do when Bean closes out his time here - just gonna have to go thru it i guess - got to go on to get on as always

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 10th, 2014, 9:11 pm

when zaar died carole jean cryed for a month, finally i said get another golden puppy and dont u know she fell in love with zorba and never cried about zaar again :D

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 11th, 2014, 3:27 am

if it kept the love flowing then it was the right thing

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 15th, 2014, 12:29 pm

the resuscitation of apocryphful tendencies - what? just blade-me-with-a-farm - o that's just awful strung out washed up omg! how could i write such shit? only one thing left to do now - put myself on the sheep shelf & ship my shirt into my shoes all the while wondering why snakes don't eat socks - square stamp me for africa, boys - you can't put the moon on a stick with a nail through it's neck or expect to grow birds in your nose by putting feathers up your nostrils - the feathers just won't take - snakes not only do not eat socks but there isn't a single snake on the planet that's an herbivore - not one - i might have to go back to Genesis and reread that part 'bout snakes - the only thing i remember concerning their food is that they would be eating dust all their days - man was allowed to remain standing on two feet but that he would return to dust with or without eating his tail - it's all too much to understand even now that i have a library and a knife - now a python - there's a snake - his whole body from mouth to bung hole ain't nothing but one big muscle - he'd make a hell of a writer should he ever take it into his snake brain to do so -

sometimes you just gotta
meet the dog at the door
dressed or not
and drop ear onto the egg engine
eye the face
farm the feather
finger the fish
nut the office
parcel the pen
flag the floor
and picture the pig as a pin
hammer the hand into a glove
that will fit the goat
put trousers on all the trees
and brick badges on every bridge
branch out & branch in
roll on and carry on
and if you're up to it
tongue your teeth
and ride brakeless
pedal to the metal
& your thumb on your big toe ticket

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 17th, 2014, 10:44 am

http://www.navsource.org/archives/09/25/09250721.jpg

This is, or was, the USS Hector AR-7 - she was my first ship out of naval boot camp - I joined her crew in the autumn of 1970 & served on her 'til ' 75- someone sent me a photo of her the other day & it unexpectedly brought into focus memories I had not thought about in years - those nine years of service in the Navy for me were way up and way down and I do not consciously bring them to mind - but I opened the email that contained a photo of her and there they were all waiting for me -
Boys, where are you all? How many of you still above ground? How many like me made it into their 60's ? How many grandfathers? Great grandfathers?

Listen mates, educate yourselves on Agent Orange, we didn't know it then but we were all exposed to it - and heavily - there is a ton of info out there - you can read it - just as we once kept even the most seriously damaged vessels afloat & in service it's time for you all to put that same attitude in play again - wake up and turn to boys - sad but true the war for us ain't over - no fucking joke
Get your shit together - dead from Agent Orange exposure & dead from a bullet is just as dead - get yourself tested - no fucking joke - I can't say that enough - NO FUCKING JOKE -
Do you know what the EPA "safe exposure level" is for dioxin in Agent Orange? It's ZERO - ( 0 ) - got it? Good -
Do you know how we were contaminated? You can stop reading now only if suicidal - Think about it - is it dawning on you? Yeah, that's right - we sat there anchored in Vung Tau harbor for weeks and then again up to Da Nang - same scenario - anchored in the harbor - no pier services - we had to keep the boilers online to provide ships power - we had to keep the evaporators online to provide fresh water for ourselves and our ship - is the haze lifting, boys? Remember the airstrips onshore just scant yards from our hull? Remember all those planes coming and going 24/7? - the planes rigged out with sprayers used to deliver Agent Orange into the "enemy's" backyard? Remember how they hosed those runways off twice a day every day because Agent Orange ate away the seals on the spray rigs constantly and would get all over the runways and eat up the tires on the aircraft? Are we focused yet?
Where did that runoff go? - into the river - where did the river go? can you pick out the grinning skull yet? - survey said...into the harbor! our evaporator intakes took that harbor water in, flashed it into steam to remove the salt ( thereby concentrating the dioxin in said water to many times greater levels than even the source point) - we drank that water - we showered in that water - last but not least, that water was used to prepare our food -
is it crystal now, mates?

Get yourself to the VA for Agent Orange tox screen - yesterday! The VA cannot refuse this though they have arbitrarily decided that shipboard personnel do not qualify for treatment, benefits, or compensation connected with or resulting from, Agent Orange exposure - and, of course, they know we all were - no fucking joke

some of you I remember - some of you I have forgotten - alive or dead - i miss you all - and serving with all of you was and is an honor I am ashamed to say I have not fully appreciated until now - I hope you are well & continue to be - GO GET THAT TOX SCREEN ! even if you feel good now

James S. Fink USS Hector AR-7 1970 - 1975
Alameda Naval Air Station - 1975 - 1977
USS Niagrara Falls AFS 3 1977 - 1979

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 20th, 2014, 6:57 pm

u cecil my brother matty
my sisters husband tom
all sailors
loved that movie with jack nickholson
the last detail
right about the time u were in
anchors away
call me ishmael
cause i sure would
like to see the sea

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 20th, 2014, 9:30 pm

the sea is the largest single feature on the planet's surface - there is no word or phrase for me to describe what it was like being on her with the nearest land thousands of miles off - no expression to communicate the total darkness at night when there is no moon or stars beneath the clouds - no word for the sound of her against your ship's hull - the typhoons & hurricanes hundreds of miles across that roar over and lift her waters up like hills - yet even the Pacific can be as flat & unruffled as glass and she can gently rock you to sleep -

I will never forget my time on her, Wireman - long after the memories of other people, places, & things have become indistinct I will remember her, her scent, her moods - if the continents never moved & were to cease being uplifted she would grind them as fine as sand and bury them in her deep dark reaches

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » September 26th, 2014, 7:34 pm

the sheer immensity of it
the depths unfathomable
surface stretching for miles
color ever changing
waves then calm
full of life
yet if not respected
it will swallow you whole

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”