off the hill
can't find the hill

the mingo

Re: On the Hill

Post by the mingo » September 1st, 2016, 8:29 am

judih wrote:on the hill
off the hill
can't find the hill
... Welcome from the pilots of General George Armstrong Custer's 7th Cavalry Lost Air Wing - 8)
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 1st, 2016, 11:39 pm

air drop please
water, parsley, peanuts
i'll follow the sound

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 2nd, 2016, 12:58 pm

judih wrote:air drop please
water, parsley, peanuts
i'll follow the sound
<* 8) *>

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 3rd, 2016, 9:13 am

Word of the Day is axiomatic - words are deep powerful things that we are apt to use carelessly - my use of them involves a quick flit from one to the other sometimes just to see what happens - I don't know if that's constructive or destructive which reminds me, is there some kind of middle ground between constructive & destructive ? Some stasis point perhaps, even momentary ? Some point where nothing is happening either way ? Can anyone exist where nothing is happening ? And does that matter ?

Any random grouping of words will establish their own rhythm -
In fact every word comes with it's own innate rhythm - you can play with this -

> earthquake stranger
reproduce woman
from the painful bone < ... (jazz, baby, jazz) 8)

... and not only that but then there is meaning - one of the things about the nature of meaning is that it exists all by itself before we begin any attempt to construct it for our particular purposes - of course you can play with this 8)

> rambunctious fold
in the stormy system
romantic lock the color of silver <

... every morning when I awake my first thought is that there will be words and that means there will be play - 8)

reckless abandon, anyone ? 8) 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 3rd, 2016, 6:52 pm

Sept. 3 - earthquake in oklahoma, earthquake off the coast of Eureka, Ca. - hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico - The Tug is getting under my skin, the land is restless & so are the spirits !

- jarbled pequods root my harbor - jogantic bizarres slave my sassy - dead fly my napkin & cover the meals !

discovery continues with partner earthquake - there will be a pause - then CRASH !! - nobody gonna live long enough to matter who is president - the last hammer will undress as the drum plays and a whole ocean will jump into the hollow cuddly -

... or maybe a faithful ocean - *bump*

It is with level wonder & a festive purring suspended over camp
that smelly answers go listening be yielding & scrub free the cooing wire - -
/camp time /charge wheel /exchange rat

it's not
that easy
to exist
much less
to arrive

communicate promise
remind me to lick / TOTAL FUCKING ANARCHY !

delight hand & obey the face, join & explode - smoke a nail & gather ye untidy scribbles ...

weigh the decay
&
employ milk

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 4th, 2016, 9:02 am

... seek to a higher place ...

( a translated tsunami warning from the 2011 Tohoku earthquake, Japan )

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 4th, 2016, 11:39 am

Out on a ride two days ago I pulled over in a cemetery, propped my bike up on a headstone, leaned my back against an oak tree, broke out my sandwich, popped open the Gospel of John, began to eat and read - I was reading verse 12 in the first chapter where it says, "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God ..." - just then a movement by my left foot caught my eye, it was a grasshopper climbing a blade of grass. I watched him get close to the top of the blade where he cocked those back legs for the launch then CLICK he was airborne, describing a somewhat graceful arc ( for a grasshopper ) in the air as my eyes followed his progress. Then, WHAM ! he impacted, head first, the nearest headstone and fell to the ground. I leaned forward for a closer look. The hopper was on his back, his head jerking back & forth and one leg kicking toward the sky, the other leg was still. Still watching the down but not quite out (yet) grasshopper, I pondered the ways of God & men & grasshoppers for several moments then returned to my reading where I had left off - "children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God."

Soon after, I packed up my lunch, capped my tea bottle, picked up my book and strapped everything down on the back rack of the bike. I took one last look at the grasshopper still on his back in the grass before I pushed off. I hoped he would get it together before anything with a hunger for an easy meal found him. "Good Luck" I said to him as I put my foot on the pedal and shoved off, heading north on a beautiful early September afternoon towards a crossroads where I would take the road to the west.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 4th, 2016, 11:53 pm

grasshopper
it's time
go the way you came

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”