Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by the mingo » November 11th, 2017, 11:24 pm

Stockdale Texas is ten miles from here. What a world what a world

The beauty of the daughters of the Amish is they are covered from head to foot by their clothing - the face is exposed, the hands, and sometimes the feet - every other square inch of flesh is covered. So you are naturally drawn to the face, it arrests and holds hostage your attention.
I buy slabwood from the Amish to burn in my stove. It's cheap & burns hot. Nearest Amish sawmill is about 8 miles to the north of me, believe me the road is the smallest part of that journey.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 12th, 2017, 9:28 am

I place wood on the fire. This done, I make coffee and put a period on the end of this sentence.

... and begin another.

My landlord tells me I scare old people - he's 83. I'm 66. He does not elaborate his statement but moves on to the next thing on his mind. He asks, "Have you seen my circular saw?" I told him I had not seen it. Some weeks later I was working on one of my bicycles out in our shared garage. I was looking for something myself when I noticed a circular saw on a table in the corner. I picked it up walked it across the road to the landlord's house knocked on his door. When he opened it I held up his saw. He looked and smiled. He asked me, "Where did you find it ?"

Later that day I was out walking my beagle on the ridge behind the gravel pit. He hit on a hot deer scent and went spastic. Hot deer scents are his favorite game. I could tell by his song what the animal was. I said, "Find ! Find it ! Hunt 'em up, Wyatt !" The trail led over the ridge and down the backside into the forest all the way to the river. Wyatt wandered confused & perplexed and pissed off at losing the scent there. I knew the deer had crossed the river at that point which must have been a struggle. The river is still high and the current strong & swift. I hope she made it to the other side.

Zuihitsu is the best thing that ever happened to me as a writer. It suits me to a T. I did not discover the form until late in life.
I will zuihitsu now until I die. Japanese women tend to have perfectly proportioned legs relative to their size. It drove me crazy when I was there.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 12th, 2017, 9:31 am

HUGE

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 12th, 2017, 9:32 am

small

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 12th, 2017, 9:54 am

sun just broke
above the clouds
room floods with light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UVAe2u4mCI

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 12th, 2017, 10:14 am

This shit cracks me the fuck up ! Kinda shit makes me want to go into the woods grab an owl out of a tree tear into his breast with my bare hands and eat his beating heart !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5dtxftwDyk

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 12th, 2017, 2:50 pm

No head phones, at the bar.....ill savor the poetry later.....blade of the immortals Friday night was a Good un......at area 31...game here too....Zuihitsu is the writing bomb for sure...glad u. Came across it mingo..
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 12th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Thx, Wireman - I wasn't looking for it when I did discover it - it's what I get for fucking around on Japanese websites -

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 13th, 2017, 2:05 am

Just realized the blinds in this room are yellow - not from dirt or grime or laziness but from age.

AGE - three letters to express the abstraction - a lifetime to shed light on the meaning -

I can hear the crackle from wood in the stove out in the living room - I like hearing that - it means sunlight is escaping faster than the wood wants to let it go - means heat
sunlight, no matter how long locked up = heat

heat is my friend on nights like this - temp outside 28 degrees
temp inside 73 degrees
my friend the heat - sunlight absorbed and locked down by the wood of the tree 20 yrs ago
50 yrs ago
80 yrs ago
130 yrs ago
130 yrs ago - 1887 - 11 yrs after Custer & his entire command was rubbed out at the Little Bighorn - 3 yrs before the slaughter at Wounded Knee - Georgia O'Keefe was born - President Lincoln had been dead for 22 yrs

sunlight from 1887 - I'm setting it free this very moment 12:10 a.m. Sunday, November 12th, 2017 - it is warming me in response, it is my friend

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 15th, 2017, 9:32 pm

My grandfather was born in 1884......sheeezzzz .....guess I'm gettin pretty old......I can just remember him, he read a lot ....apt. Smelled like old books.....dad read mucho too......me too....I dig kindle......sometimes I wonder what old Walter read....my dad read Henry and Jack in his 40's and 50's and he wrote a bunch, he'd a loved computers for sure, but he died in 1988....writers night at area 31 here in Frederick......the heats on off.....writers silent and intent at their endeavors...been reading some books by John Tytell, Ezra Pound bio. and things beat, make that a capital B......almost 8:30 things are winding down here......

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 16th, 2017, 10:59 am

Some days I think I'm glad I had ancestors - my sister more into documenting all that than me - my ancestors more a space for my imagination to roam than whatever facts they may have left behind them tacked to the walls - sun in and out of cloud here - dark sky to the west - hear Joni Mitchell's "Black Crow" in my head - some of the backbeats in her music damn erotic - driven - ceaseless - I'll write a book, title it: "The Dripping Genitalia of Joni Mitchell's Music" - getting strange in my old age - my whole brain a Ponzi scheme - or maybe one of Kerouac's street dives, people coming & going - words bopping - out beyond it all in the far prairies a narrow wire fence stretched over distance under changing skies -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJJ8GM90K6M

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » November 16th, 2017, 11:43 pm

amidst the clouds
my brain visits the light
rubs noses, then pooft

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 17th, 2017, 9:15 am

judih wrote:
November 16th, 2017, 11:43 pm
amidst the clouds
my brain visits the light
rubs noses, then pooft

Here's to the Pooft! and all other royal visitations ! Salute!

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 26th, 2017, 5:47 pm

...apofttt from above....a pisssst from below....writing on phone, so u know I don't give a fuck..
At jojoba drinkin ....sloiwly for ..
Zuihitsu freedom...like u just don't give a damn....yahoooo!!!!... William Dalrymple djinns...ya know them Sufi genies......jazz on the tunes here, sounds so good...
We gotta woman cackling over here....yahopoooo!!!! West coast games on now
....still in the red zone..

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » December 10th, 2017, 12:17 pm

......Zuihitsu on my mind....mingo where r u???.....Zuihitsubator I don't wanna become😎......the action here is nil, but what's new?.....lovin Zuihitsu it's like mind candy for the soul......anyway ya want it and that's fine by me🤓

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”