saw wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 12:50 pm
good luck tomorrow sasha
I'm sure all will work out for the best
but I will keep you in the light nonetheless
wylde wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 4:07 pm
sasha. i echo saw.
you'll be in my (very) by-passed heart's thoughts.

power on brother in alms.
Thank you, gentlemen, so much. The procedure itself doesn't sound too daunting - it was described to me as like "chipping a dog". Which, by the way, I'm way overdue at performing.

Roger, wylde - I remember the post-op photos you posted at AC. My own photos would be far less dramatic. A band-aid at best.......

Appreciate your positive thoughts. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be cracking wise about it.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

sasha

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by sasha » January 7th, 2020, 2:53 pm

Well, I've been chipped, branded, and given an ear tag. Medtronix and Cheshire Medical Center can now monitor my innards 24/7, and probably the NSA is tracking my location, making sure I don't check out any library materials or visit any websites I oughtn't.

The most painful part of the procedure was the injection of the local - and on a scale of 0-9, I'd give it less than a 1. A momentary pinprick on my left boob, then a burning as the stuff flowed in under the skin. After that it was all light pressures, little mechanical noises, and the surgeon's patter letting me know what was going on. It was all over in 10 minutes.

I was given a monitoring device to place by my bed - this will actually upload the data from the thing under my skin and transmit it via cell link to the mothership. A nurse described for me the boot-up routine for me, and made it sound a lot harder and more complicated than it actually was. So as far as I know, I'm good to go.

The anesthesia has long since worn off, but the only pain I can feel now is a slight ache under the dressing.

The rewinder on Dog's leash broke this morning, and when I opened it up to see if it could be fixed, springs and coils jumped out of it like snakes in a jack-in-the-box, so I guess the answer is No, it cannot be fixed. Good riddance, actually - I hated the thing. Couldn't reliably lock the brake with one hand (especially one in a heavy glove), and as a result the 75-lb projectile that is my housemate has pulled me off my feet more than once. So after my procedure, I picked up a new one. We'll break it in later this afternoon.

wylde

Post by wylde » January 7th, 2020, 4:39 pm

Sasha - awesome! May healing & data uploads be goodly for and to you.
💪🏻

30 odd kgs! woof wow - a particular breed?
.homesick. but homeless.

sasha

Post by sasha » January 7th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Thanks, wylde - I am now wired into the Borg Collective - I have been assimilated! I had to carry the transmitter of my temporary monitor with me whereever I went, but I can leave this one on the nightstand, where it will quietly transmit the day's data while I sleep.

My 30kg pal is a yellow lab, a stray I took in few years ago. Probably about 5 yrs old now. As if today hadn't been stressful enough, he decided to go a-roaming on our afternoon hike down a rail-trail. I usually let him run off-leash since he's familiar with the trails, but we were on an unfamiliar leg today. He bolted up a heavily wooded hill and disappeared from view - then I heard barking, snarling, & shouting. He came running back, blood on his face, his front paws, & part of his chest, & dripping from somewhere on his head. We were still a mile out, and I had no wallet (no money, no driver's license), no glasses, and no idea if the veterinary clinic was open. We high-tailed it to the car, drove illegally for the 20 minutes needed to get there, and arrived just as they were closing. A torn ear, but that was the extent of his injury - their ears are highly vascularized, and bleed heavily the way our fingers and scalps do. So not to be outdone, apparently, he has sutures in his ear to match those in my chest.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 7th, 2020, 11:26 pm

and one more 'oh my god, no' situation is overcome with a 'not so bad' reaction. As adults, we are expected to smile as these events occur - 'no problem, bring it on'. And I imagine we do it - unless we have an invisible friend to complain to or some poor unfortunate flesh and blood companion close to our inner fear reservoir.
May we feel free to listen to one another here - no judgment and to breathe with relief when we show up to do the studio 8 work.
hugs - group hug.

wylde

Post by wylde » January 8th, 2020, 1:26 am

sasha wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 5:50 pm
Thanks, wylde - I am now wired into the Borg Collective - I have been assimilated! I had to carry the transmitter of my temporary monitor with me whereever I went, but I can leave this one on the nightstand, where it will quietly transmit the day's data while I sleep.

My 30kg pal is a yellow lab, a stray I took in few years ago. Probably about 5 yrs old now. As if today hadn't been stressful enough, he decided to go a-roaming on our afternoon hike down a rail-trail. I usually let him run off-leash since he's familiar with the trails, but we were on an unfamiliar leg today. He bolted up a heavily wooded hill and disappeared from view - then I heard barking, snarling, & shouting. He came running back, blood on his face, his front paws, & part of his chest, & dripping from somewhere on his head. We were still a mile out, and I had no wallet (no money, no driver's license), no glasses, and no idea if the veterinary clinic was open. We high-tailed it to the car, drove illegally for the 20 minutes needed to get there, and arrived just as they were closing. A torn ear, but that was the extent of his injury - their ears are highly vascularized, and bleed heavily the way our fingers and scalps do. So not to be outdone, apparently, he has sutures in his ear to match those in my chest.
awww...like fellow brothers in alms.

may all be well. sincerely so.
🌠
.homesick. but homeless.

wylde

Post by wylde » January 8th, 2020, 1:37 am

judih wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:26 pm
and one more 'oh my god, no' situation is overcome with a 'not so bad' reaction. As adults, we are expected to smile as these events occur - 'no problem, bring it on'. And I imagine we do it - unless we have an invisible friend to complain to or some poor unfortunate flesh and blood companion close to our inner fear reservoir.
May we feel free to listen to one another here - no judgment and to breathe with relief when we show up to do the studio 8 work.
hugs - group hug.
it has been forever since i have felt a creative connectivity along with immense respect for minds which may nourish; challenge and feed my own state of mind.
thank you.
.homesick. but homeless.

saw

Post by saw » January 8th, 2020, 1:22 pm

glad to hear that you are bionic now
the six million dollar man minus a few million
but programmed for success....Congrats !
May you walk that big dog many more years
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

sasha

Post by sasha » January 8th, 2020, 2:17 pm

saw wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 1:22 pm
glad to hear that you are bionic now
the six million dollar man minus a few million
but programmed for success....Congrats !
I can give you a more precise figure once the Medicare statements start rolling in!

saw wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 1:22 pm
May you walk that big dog many more years
Given his history of abandonment, I feel obligated to stick around for him. I'll never forget the look he gave the animal control officer as he left after dropping him off with me - if there were a thought balloon, it would have read "Holy shit... not again!"

Thanks for the well-wishes. Hope your Gunpowder River therapy is as efficacious as ever.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 8th, 2020, 11:36 pm

a good reason to pull away from nighttime dream bliss (when it occurs). Somebody will be happy to greet us! (but damn, what a fantastic dream scenario I could have enjoyed for a bit longer till that alarm thing melted it all away) (note to self: bookstore in Tel Aviv where my friends' current readings were coded and available for others to pick up and read along. further note: there is no such bookstore in Tel Aviv but in my dream, Tel Aviv is the hub of all things that feed my mind)

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » January 9th, 2020, 12:25 pm

studio eight hub of words that feed

what a gorgeous January day here in my republic of my desire

I suppose Philip Marlowe was right about the big sleep
Even so, Saint Jack had a poor death
from the forlorn rags of old age
Who am I to judge another man's death?
I am dying my own
Lou Welch's rifle propped up in the corner of my bedroom
and I fall asleep like a baby with the thought of the sound of the click.

Poppa had his typewriter and a shotgun
Virginia had her friends and rocks in her pockets
Sylvia had Freud and a gas oven

I got nothing to make it through the day except my hypergraphia
but I owe my soul to amazon dot com
Oh lordy just give till 2023 so I can pay off my final expenses

In the struggle for the legal tender
I got it made. I work for peanuts
selfie.jpg
selfie.jpg (29.38 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

wylde

Post by wylde » January 9th, 2020, 3:44 pm

https://youtu.be/Tx6JyIP31h4

jack. w3rds flail me. so i only humbly offer up the above in response.
.homesick. but homeless.

sasha

Post by sasha » January 12th, 2020, 5:55 pm

I just upgraded my PC to Windows 10. I was quite unhappy with the migration from XP to Win 7, since it forced me to spend an inordinate amount of time sweeping up after the upgrade - fixing broken links, writing code to replace the commercial apps that no longer worked, and learning where my stuff had been hidden. I had low expectations transitioning to 10 - but so far I've been pleasantly surprised. My home grown code still seems to run - my desktop has not been rearranged "for my convenience" - my task bar and folder structure have remained intact. I'm not standing down yet, but so far the transition seems to have been a smooth one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strange weather... it's been dark and wet, not particularly cold - for the last few days it's gotten up nearly to 60F (15C). The glacier covering my driveway has vanished, and the road is as soft and muddy as it usually is in March. I need to wipe the dog down when we come back in from walking, and this afternoon I even drove to the school so we could get our afternoon mileage in along relatively clean pavement. I've said it often that I hate March, and it can't fool me by arriving in January.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love the way the treetops surrounding my Keep catch the last light of the day. A half-dozen or so white pines along my western boundary tower some 50-60 feet overhead, and their canopies still glow with star-fire even as the forest beneath them grows dark. I like to imagine the view from their peaks, of a landscape composed entirely of treetops painted crimson by a dying sun descending behind the hills of Richmond...

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 12th, 2020, 11:35 pm

i can smell the mud as i watch that treetop highscape

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » January 13th, 2020, 11:19 am

oh lordy lordy
I got them meta-fiscal blues again
Eliquis™ running round my heart
Clots be gone
and my money too
my new tenth generation windows machine gone with the wind
I got to pay for my new med instead
my invisible friend, the ghost in this machine
my thaumaturgical typewriter
Camus me to the moon
Sisyphus has made to the top of the mountain and its all downhill from here
A beautiful a day for a walk
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”