Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

wylde

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by wylde » February 28th, 2020, 7:13 am

...in the end, we shall not remember the inactions of our enemies, but the actions of our friends.
.homesick. but homeless.

wylde

Post by wylde » February 28th, 2020, 7:26 am

l i f e
.homesick. but homeless.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » February 28th, 2020, 11:40 am

Sorry to hear bout your dog, Roy - real sorry
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » February 28th, 2020, 11:40 am

i am a rollercoaster climbing
for another week,
and then I will have to change my drug of choice from pot to #2 diesel. thoughts of jimboloco and his struggle with pot, blessed be his memory, I heard he finally worked it out and made peace with his mother.

so you probably won't see me around much for the spring and summer
i got an indoor bike it cured my winter blues, I hop on in front of this computer screen and play this and pedal my funk away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytZqJATAjMg[/size]

(DAMA)

my dreams of new bike went up in the smoke of burning prescriptions for all the new drugs that I am taking because of my Applewatch5™, these meds are a one way street, I can't stop taking them because the consequences would be dire. Did you ever read "Achilles In Vietnam"
the bit about pissing contests?

Oh yeah, I got one more crutch to make it through the night, single malt whiskey. I've been saving that for my dotage.
Attachments
20191215_080457.jpg
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

sasha

Post by sasha » February 28th, 2020, 6:35 pm

the mingo wrote:
February 27th, 2020, 8:33 pm
I AM SICK OF WINTER - SICK - SNOW ALL FUCKING DAY - SNOW IN MY TOILET - SNOW IN MY NOSE - SNOW UP MY ASS - BAD CABIN FEVER ON TUG HILL -
I WANT JUNE SO I CAN BITCH ABOUT THE HEAT AND WIPE THE SWEAT OUT OF MY EYES AS I PEDAL UP A RIDGE
Hereabouts it ain't the snow, it's the ice. Patches of bare dirt, interspersed with thick slabs of ice. The roads are a mess, and with the additional collusion of potholes and frost heaves, the first few miles outta here are punishing. Any faster than 10-15 mph and you'll lose a muffler. I've had just about enough of it.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » February 29th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Have you nailed your shoes to the kitchen floor?

Live where you can[/url
Be happy as you can
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 1st, 2020, 7:38 pm

I hop on in front of this computer screen and play this and pedal my funk away
I like that vid, Jack, watch it myself - makes me want to get out there every time 8) Been cooped up too long. You going back on the road?

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 1st, 2020, 7:41 pm

Any faster than 10-15 mph and you'll lose a muffler. I've had just about enough of it.
You need a Jeep 8)

sasha

Post by sasha » March 2nd, 2020, 1:47 pm

the mingo wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 7:41 pm
Any faster than 10-15 mph and you'll lose a muffler. I've had just about enough of it.
You need a Jeep 8)

'druther have a tank!

sasha

Post by sasha » March 2nd, 2020, 2:02 pm

the mingo wrote:
February 28th, 2020, 11:40 am
Sorry to hear bout your dog, Roy - real sorry
Thank you sir - perhaps he & Wyatt are cavorting in the Elysian fields even as we mourn their loss..... I remember you saying he, too, was a wandering spirit..........

sasha

Post by sasha » March 4th, 2020, 5:08 pm

There was a soldier beetle clinging to my front door this morning when I left for my walk. When I returned it was still there, but on another panel. I know it was the same beetle because I named her Brunhilda.

The vernal pool is still a solid block of ice, but in not too many weeks it will be a squirming, writhing mass of quacking frogs spilling frog cum onto gelatinous mounds of frog eggs. Then all will be quiet, as the miraculous biochemistry of Life transmutes these base elements into the next generation of frogs. The Tascam, dead cat, and tripod are ready for the event - as is my winter-weary soul.

Daylight savings time begins next week, so I'll be making my dinner salads in sunlight - but getting up in the dark again. This is no improvement to an unreconstructed morning person.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 6th, 2020, 8:41 pm

mingo! beautiful riding video! Incredible to ride in such landscapes even though it looks like too much adrenaline for me... quiet trekking would be a better option in my caso, I´m only a straight planes bicycle rider... :lol: :lol:

Sasha... the dog in my childhood´s family house was a little devil named Dingo... he did all the possible things for you to don´t love him (I´m sure he was a family emotionally emergent somehow... :roll: ) but/because of that we were devastated and terrible sad when he was gone at the age of thirteen... humans-pets misteries...

I guess in this latitudes summer cansancio is equal to winter cansancio in yours... 37º C for next week and working without air acondicionado with 36 kids in a room (we manage to get outside each time we can but we had the mosquitoes things so..)
I guess it could be enough for 2020 summer experience..., mmm...but maybe it´s not a good idea to have a winter this year... Well, it seems nothing is totally perfect... :roll: :lol: :lol:

wylde

Post by wylde » March 7th, 2020, 1:10 am

...a knowsnoless european winter:

.homesick. but homeless.

sasha

Post by sasha » March 11th, 2020, 11:30 am

Sun in my eyes, mud on my boots - and every morning fresh deer tracks in the road. The forest awakens, its floor nearly bare, its springtime choir warming up. I've heard the cardinal, the tufted titmouse, and one or two unknown to me except for their calls. I've yet to hear the chipping sparrows, but they'll be next, singing intro for the phoebes and towhees.

I blew off town meeting last night. I forgot to pick up a copy of the annual report, and would have had to improvise on the spot every vote on the town's warrant. But I did drop into the polls to mark my choice for town officers.

A flexible rope hung loosely between two posts assumes a shape neither circular nor parabolic, but a curious beast called a catenary. The catenary is a visitor from an other-wordly branch of mathematics involving imaginary numbers and hyperbolic functions. Yet the underlying physics is quite simple. Strange and wonderous how simplicity can spawn such complexity.

wylde

Post by wylde » March 11th, 2020, 4:32 pm

sasha wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 11:30 am
A flexible rope hung loosely between two posts assumes a shape neither circular nor parabolic, but a curious beast called a catenary. The catenary is a visitor from an other-wordly branch of mathematics involving imaginary numbers and hyperbolic functions. Yet the underlying physics is quite simple. Strange and wonderous how simplicity can spawn such complexity.
nourishing.

y = kcosh(x/k)

what laws or formulae present themselves in the realms of emotions.

.i wonder wandering.

.homesick. but homeless.

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”