Moderator: the mingo

still.trucking

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by still.trucking » October 25th, 2018, 1:25 pm

jim willingham(bless be...)
could make me so mad my hands would tremble uncontrollably from the adrenalin
I could hardly type my hands shaking so much but
the thought of violence never crossed my mind
I never felt any hatred towards him. Only sorrow, I rejoice that he had time enough to find his way.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 26th, 2018, 3:17 pm

Jimboloco has my back
Zuihitsu logic/rhetoric
fresh fish
I pity the man who has never eaten a fresh fish, like out of the water into the pan fresh

that has nothing to do with Jim(blessed be...)

except I just ate a farm raised in China tilapia
I got to thinking about water quality in Asia
I enjoyed eating that fish, I am crazy
Sometimes I imagined flying over the jungle in that big hearse he flew, the drone of the engines, the gurgling and swishing of the body bags.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 28th, 2018, 2:02 pm

Sunday morning when I started, afternoon now and I got flies in the kitchen and the grass needs cutting. I been stoned for a week, so stoned I lost touch with reality (person place time), just for an instant, long enough to spook me.

got to feeling pretty low after that bowl of oatmeal stared me down,
so I decided to listen to a little of Rev Billy Joe Shaver's gospel music.
Cheered me right up, in the meantime, I got flies in the kitchen and the grass needs cutting.
I keep thinking that the road to hell is paved with keystrokes, on the worldwide conversation
well time to switch the switch to go from this to that. :arrow: Zuihitsu don't lie, liers have fingers, so many keystrokes
so much more than I can say
I only think I understand
the thread of life here on the internet
so many mysteries for me
mostly this afternoon I wish I knew where Wireman and Quaker Jack™ are?

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 30th, 2018, 7:58 pm

Wireman been scarcer than me here this year - I just ate some chili ramen - now my mouth is burning - should have known they would go nuclear fusion on the peppers -

a little script
a little wicked
all mixed in together
my way of prayer
like a meditation
a release ...

... or something like that - got some wood from the Amish today - 2 face cords, makes five I've hauled from his place to mine since Sunday - I got a growing pile of wood in the front yard - only have ten more cords to go - when I was done I climbed up the pile and sat there watching the sun go down -
only time I ever regret not making more money than I did in my life is when something tires me out and how sweet it would be to pay someone to do all this for me - then again I suppose I might be all crippled up and not able to move at all if I didn't keep limber - ain't been out on the bike for a week now due to rain - was gonna ride today but getting the wood loaded then unloaded brought me almost to sundown - I still have to stack all this wood -

I sat on that pile of wood thinking 'bout Sheryl Crow - all I want to do is have some fun - sing it, girl -

I wonder what ol' Ryokan would think of my pile of wood ? I think it's gonna be sweet in the middle of January with the wind howling out the northwest and snow 4 feet deep outside the door and me inside being one toasty nasty old toad up the Tug Hill
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 30th, 2018, 10:00 pm

you have been scarce, I was wondering where you were.
Happy to see you again.
watching a PBS show Nature to Nations thinking about you and your ancestor's
with some envy, I wish I knew more about my ancestors, the trail goes cold with my avatar
roots, we are a rootless people we Ashkenazi

I ate leftover pizza for dinner reminded me of this bit from 'Little Sister' ™Raymond Chandler
Down at the drugstore lunch counter I had time to inhale two cups of coffee and a melted-cheese sandwich with two slivers of ersatz bacon embedded in it, like dead fish in the silt at the bottom of a drained pool.

I was crazy. I liked it.

http://ae-lib.org.ua/texts-c/chandler__ ... er__en.htm
I want every breath I take to be a prayer
I wish I could make every breath I take a prayer

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 2nd, 2018, 12:42 pm

The Turkey Wizards

These turkey wizards need to have their clams checked sooner rather than later because they got everybody in a tizzy and none of them not once has seen God or heeded the grace given to that already given. Even though God has made himself known these fools will, at the end, throw a royal robe over the last man standing and say to him: Here! This robe is yours! We beg you be King over us and over this pile of ruins!

I hope that man runs or at least rebukes the reprobates for their unbelief if nothing else and leaving that scene stops in at the local diner for a bite to eat on his way out of town last refugee from Babylon in his old Dodge truck and a cloud of rust, license plate flapping against the rear bumper with a possum then a skunk going under the wheels as testament to the rejection of Arizona then Alaska in favor of a destination known as the Promised Land. The piece of paper in the driver's pocket will have a single name written upon it. Written in blood and that name shall be Elijah. To scare the priests too stupid to be scared and too deaf to hear the Voice in the wilderness.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 2nd, 2018, 7:06 pm

probably nothing to do with it but the song The Jackal came to mind when I read it.
The Jackal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZIHNo7Bvc

I bought a new light for my helmet. I like to ride at night, I used to love to drive at night but my night vision not what it was. Oh yes, the closest thing to heaven I know is moving, motion, rolling free, the stars in the Arizona Desert at night, a seeing G d kind of experience, as if I understood what "the tender indifference of the stars" meant.

So I was saying I bought a new light, 1300 lumens. When I shine at the dogs, their eyes light like fire. I remember the dog that knocked you off your wheels. I had one almost do that to me last week. That is why I bought the new light.

:arrow:

It is an insult to the
The Turkey Buzzard
to call those wizards that.
Song Of The Turkey Buzzard

Praises Tamalpais,
Perfect in Wisdom and Beauty,
She of the Wheeling Birds

Lew Welch

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » November 3rd, 2018, 11:51 am

I hope that man runs or at least rebukes the reprobates for their unbelief if nothing else and leaving that scene stops in at the local diner for a bite to eat on his way out of town last refugee from Babylon in his old Dodge truck and a cloud of rust, license plate flapping against the rear bumper with a possum then a skunk going under the wheels as testament to the rejection of Arizona then Alaska in favor of a destination known as the Promised Land. The piece of paper in the driver's pocket will have a single name written upon it. Written in blood and that name shall be Elijah. To scare the priests too stupid to be scared and too deaf to hear the Voice in the wilderness.
That is why I miss when you don't write.
That is why I am fanatic about how you write.
well the truckers used to say, are you blowing smoke up my ass
maybe, who knows, I only think I am aware of the reasons for what I write.
whatever my intents motives that was good to read, 8) thanks

been missing the road bad, I am in a rut with the bike, going around the same old lap everyday. I need to get out and explore
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 4th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Damn, Jack, I just disappeared a whole textbox full of words and I don't know how I did it. Ain't nothing for it now.

Something to do with exploring by bike - it's always a circle game even with all the back roads around here - the ruts just get bigger 8)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 5th, 2018, 1:07 pm

Damn, Jack, I just disappeared a whole textbox full of words and I don't know how I did it. Ain't nothing for it now.
can you talk/write about hate in the midst of Zuihitsu, I hate when that happens, up in a puff of Silicon smoke, the perils of performing without a net,
nothing to do with this except while I was typing the lines above, I heard a john prine song the lyrics "without a net"

but I digress ,

even when I lose a text box does not shake my faith in spontaneous Zhihitsu, got to be live, got to feel the vibrations in the keyboard of all that power flowing over the grid from a thousand coal fired power plants, all that juice flowing into this keyboard and into my finger tips up my spinal cord into my brain where it emerges as pixels in the flux. What does flux mean, I have only the fogiest notion, but I like the sound of the word.

I think I will bringa camera with me next bike trip, I am going to go exploring for streams that cross my path.

I miss wireman's action but trying not to let my wild imaginings darken my memory of him, I am going to figure he still has my back.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » November 5th, 2018, 1:28 pm

I ought to edit the text box above, BUT
I will have to do it later, I am too high to edit right write now
I can type, I can write
but I can't read,
sounds nonsensical I know but do you remember the comic strip Pogo?

I been thinking about how me and jim(blessed be ...) used to go around about pot, he used to beat himself up over it.
maybe just a crap shot
tumbling dice,
or genetic inheritance
one mans meat is another's?
beats me, I been lucky , so far.

Free Rice

sasha

Post by sasha » November 5th, 2018, 1:52 pm

The weather of late sucks - not bad enough to be Bad, just cold, drab, & gray. We see the sun once, maybe twice a week. Welcome to Scotland. Good thing all this prattle about Climate Change is just the whining of those left-wing libtard snowflakes....

Got another software package ready for KJ, damn proud of this one - knocked it together in a day & a half, and it does a whole lot more than he asked for. I'm excited to demo it for him.

Is it my imagination, or is that spider that's been sitting on the lower right-hand corner of my computer screen for the last few days getting larger? Wasn't there a Twilight Zone episode about that? Or maybe it was Night Gallery... I could remove it, I suppose - but I've grown rather fond of him. Or used to him. Stay, brother arachnid.

I'm a whole lot less enamored of the mice. Everyone hereabouts seems to think they're especially bad this year, a plague of Biblical proportions. I've probably dispatched 20 or more in the last 2 weeks. Last night I forgot to cover the butter dish, and this morning there were claw & tooth marks in the stick. Little bastards - it's war. I'm reluctant to use poison, but when I start seeing them out of the corners of my eyes, it might be time to compromise my ideals.

Someone I spoke with speculates that maybe the open season on coyotes has something to do with their population explosion. Maybe we should start using them for food, like the ancient Romans did. Or that guy in "Never Cry Wolf."

My daughter never liked that movie. I sort of did.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 7th, 2018, 7:05 am

can you talk/write about hate in the midst of Zuihitsu,
You can talk about anything in zuihitsu - you can't miss.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 7th, 2018, 7:07 am

Little bastards - it's war. I'm reluctant to use poison, but when I start seeing them out of the corners of my eyes, it might be time to compromise my ideals.
War is exactly what it is so compromise away - live free or die ~ 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » November 7th, 2018, 7:16 am

Greetings from Tug Hill Plateau Between Ice Ages -

I was recessed but I woke up stood up and almost fell over. I thought if I end up face down on the floor it won't be a border crossing exactly. When I use the word voyage it's because I like it or the self whispering beneath the word. I know discovery exists like the last school I went to was built out of steel and bricks. It's not a school anymore, been turned into apartments and you must have plenty money to live there.

Or anywhere.

I've already written about wood and fire today. It's warm in here now. When I got up and almost fell over it wasn't warm. Maybe I should have let the fall happen like it wanted to.
We are born meddlers. We are absorbed gypsies.

Some people get the heebee-jeebees when they see a clown. We should be more worried about the clowns we can't see.

The grass in my yard is thick now. Thick and very green and it's November. I quit mowing in September.
All this rain.

Language is powder but what is the gun ? My landlord has a shotgun just inside his front door. So any visitor can see. The shotgun does not speak but is a complete statement in silence.
A greeting of steel and wood and explosives. It's cool when you think about it. We are between ice ages.

Guns are blind. Completely.

Two days ago Mama Cat moved all her kittens from the closet to under the bed. It's dark as a cave under the bed. The kittens might paint pictures on the walls and floors beneath the bed. Ten thousand years from now a kid will discover the paintings and tell the fathers & mothers about them. The fathers & mothers will come to see for themselves and call it a church.

I heard some dialogue once in a show I was watching about the cave paintings found in Europe. One person commented that the paintings marked the point in time where we stepped out of nature and into our imaginations.

You can't see the river in the dark.

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”