Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by the mingo » August 25th, 2020, 11:24 am

Jack - I finally got an electric bike end of May - I love this machine!
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 27th, 2020, 8:30 am

Some events are in the area of the soul where words cannot penetrate
The silent is gloved in origin for balance. 69 other words gather round, some to admire the drape of lace, others to tub the truck - others have gone delirious with visions of gone trains and ghost Indians. A sudden turn to upbeat with stingy goats gripping the organic. Outside the cemetery, cats sleep in chairs. Silver grows on trees and is sanctified there. The turkey value of the perpetual is over-rated and sometimes pictured as a tight brown doll. The Creator is debonair & suave and puts captions under all his creatures - if it wasn't for this I wouldn't know how to name things. Chasing the correct name for all the right reasons is a holy act for even the kindhearted have a future of ice.

It might be difficult but I was granted the gift of hoop-moo. For this I never get paid and I never stick my blue zipper out for anyone. There are balloons in my cave. I always see the President as a bird behind a curtain, the silhouette fudged.

I love Judi & Jack. I love electric bikes. I love Crown Victorias. I love harsh theories with all the firemen running around in the smoke & dust. Watch, I'll turn out the light - keyboarding in the dark.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » August 27th, 2020, 10:49 am

when it's light, it's light
when it's dark, it's light
wherever we see

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 27th, 2020, 9:04 pm

The power of fear. War of the World radio show. Reality? It's just a video game called Q.

Woe is me. My ebike is in the shop :cry: Actually it's worse than that. I can't get it in the shop , September 24th the first appointment I could get. I found another place that is first come first served on Wednesdays. \They take 10 bikes a day in and that's it. So hopefully I can say that my bike will be in the shop by next week. I left it outside one night with a heavy dew. Rain is no problem.I have rode it many times on wet roads. I think that soaking high humidity is what did it in. But I got over 3,000 miles on it so it just might be the battery.

Yes I love that bike because I need that bike. Same reason I love you 8)
please pardon punctuation that I can't deal with tonight.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 3rd, 2020, 10:46 pm

storm passing over lightning brings a friend to mind
bike still broke I can't make it without that bike.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2978&p=17917&hilit=lightning#p17917

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 10th, 2020, 10:30 pm

Jack - I have 1125 miles on mine since May - between the derailleur & the motor I have learned to fly this bike in such a way that I get much more than the advertised mileage per charge - this bike expanded my riding range considerable - within 40 miles of this keyboard I have explored so many roads around here. I am also continually surprised at how much ground can be covered by a steady 15 - 18 miles an hour - pedal-assist certainly lived up to the hype - I tend to hang in pedal-assist level 2 & 3 so I get maximum range and more than enough speed. I have an extra battery pack so with the both of them and the right flying conditions I can get about 110 miles total range - 👀

I tried educating myself as to which bike to choose and it was driving my crazy, didn't know what all the specs meant if a bike would be comfortable &
whatnot - there was one that attracted me and I kept going back to it - I bought it and it was the right one, good choice for shooting in the dark -

I have had it offroad, mostly on rail trails - it was not made for that but it does well enough, my next one will have the 4 inch wide tires and a front suspension fork - it would be a killer combo for paved road & trail -

hope you get yours back soon - I will never ride a traditional bike again. I'm 69 now and I need a little help. These things are a ball 8)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 13th, 2020, 1:53 am

“There is nothing worse… no punishment greater than to have known God and no longer to know him.” Weirdo R. Crumb
Not been able to get my main ride back on the road yet. Have not road my traditional bike in a couple of years. I got it up on a work stand today started to clean it up. I have an indoor bike but it so boring I have to force myself to ride it just to keep my heart pumping.

I don't know jack shit about Judaism, I was raised as an atheist jew by my father but I was surrounded by women who were hard core believers. Especially my maternal grandmother, she so orthodox she wore a wig. I wish I had learned Yiddish. A Yiddish word or expression she used a lot was, "Kinehora". A curse in reverse. Always looking out so no one could put the evil eye on her little jackster.
I interviewed for a job online last week they asked me where I see myself in five years. I am 79. The first answer that came to mind was, alive! But I said, "I see myself sailing my forty foot ketch to Ireland."
Last edited by stilltrucking on September 13th, 2020, 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 13th, 2020, 2:13 am

“Yiddish is a regular haunted house where demons frolic and sinister forces rage nearly unchecked.”
https://momentmag.com/jewish-word-kinehora/

sasha

Post by sasha » September 15th, 2020, 10:50 am

My breakfast egg a few days ago was a double-yolker! I haven't seen one of those in many years. It seemed like it should have augured something momentous, something auspicious. But the day turned out to be so ordinary. Maybe that was the point - it was a year ago that very day that an attack of atrial fibrillation brought on a mini-stroke that sent me to the hospital. All hail the mundane!

Or perhaps the Fates were in a mischievous mood after all. Yesterday morning I thought I heard a faint knock at the door. I looked out the front window to see if there were anyone in the yard - but it was covered instead by birds! Swarms of robins and blue jays hopped about, in the drive, on my steps, even on my car. One jay perched on the car's rear aerial, suspiciously eyeing me eyeing him. I didn't dare move for fear of frightening him off. He eventually flew down to join his red-breasted distant cousins on the ground, where they seemed to be feeding. I used the opportunity to back away and finish the crossword I'd been working. Ten minutes later they were gone. Recalling it still makes me smile.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 19th, 2020, 7:55 am

Holy Galilee Sea Sandals! Jack ya just gave me an education and I ain't even had breakfast yet! 8)

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 19th, 2020, 7:58 am

Sasha, my whole life seems like one continuing mini-stroke - It may prove out in my case that sanity begins at death - one can always hope 8)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 21st, 2020, 2:11 pm

Some events are in the area of the soul where words cannot penetrate
The silent is gloved in origin for balance. 69 other words gather round, some to admire the drape of lace, others to tub the truck - others have gone delirious with visions of gone trains and ghost Indians. A sudden turn to upbeat with stingy goats gripping the organic. Outside the cemetery, cats sleep in chairs. Silver grows on trees and is sanctified there. The turkey value of the perpetual is over-rated and sometimes pictured as a tight brown doll. The Creator is debonair & suave and puts captions under all his creatures - if it wasn't for this I wouldn't know how to name things. Chasing the correct name for all the right reasons is a holy act for even the kindhearted have a future of ice.

It might be difficult but I was granted the gift of hoop-moo. For this I never get paid and I never stick my blue zipper out for anyone. There are balloons in my cave. I always see the President as a bird behind a curtain, the silhouette fudged.
you teach me big time
I feel like I am in studio eight kindergarten

the mingo

Post by the mingo » September 26th, 2020, 4:16 am

Snuggle up to a mother of your choosing
let the candle burn before the wind
change is constant
nothing lasts
the first hunters left hardly a trace
of struggle facing starvation
and the endless ice
as the babies kept coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXaB_IZcGLg

saw

Post by saw » September 27th, 2020, 10:30 am

couldn't understand why
I was slowing down on my hikes
then one evening after a double rainbow I came in and had a mini heart attack
they checked me out, heart catheter, showed me the screen
five arteries blocked 95% or worse, a couple 99%
holy moley, no wonder i was tired going up them hills
the ensuing surgery was July 1st
and already I'm, hiking up and down the hills again
feeling grateful of a little more time