Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

saw

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by saw » October 22nd, 2019, 7:22 am

hey mingo....so good to learn you are still on the planet with a handy keyboard
workin' at our age ain't no bowl of cherries...I've finally tackled some big projects on the outside of the house
Man !...I'm so beat after 3 or 4 hours I can barely keep my head up...but I am making progress
it's like the tortoise and the hare....and I'm a a big old turtle with a tool belt
Too bad all we have to choose from are Repili-cants and Demo-litionists to make our lives easier in the tarnished golden age
the walking dead ( zombie proletariat )....eking out an existence....as the fat boys take more away
so I'll switch gears here, drop her down into something low, and just say I'm glad you are still here
pluggin' away with dreams of a new bike in your head....sure beats sugar plum fairies my friend
I'm almost 71.....few more months...and i had to go out and buy a new extension ladder....imagine that
the old one was getting a little shaky...and my fast-twitch muscles ain't got no speed anymore either
got a fiberglass one, since i will be encroaching the incoming electrical service...no sense going out
fused to aluminum.....so hope you are warm this winter and the snow don't get too high
and you get the time and energy to check here from time to time..... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » October 22nd, 2019, 7:34 pm

judih wrote:
I walk - true
you walk in beauty

Diving into the manic

I dive into the Digital divide
Diving into the digital
as if it was a stream of conversations on studio eight

Live my life as a puppet of Artificial Intelligence
Algorithms and bicycles
I saw the light

It probably makes no sense that there ain’t no cure for the summertime blues…

For the fast four years my routine is May to October I stay sober as a judge. I must be prepared to pee anytime Uncle sam asks me too. I use my CDL as my ticket to ride,
For the six months that I am not into the bitter herbs, I hardly post to studio eight.
Four of those months I am the taxman. The four months that I do taxes for hire I hardly post here either, i am so drained from trying to work on other peoples money hiding behind a blue shower curtain inside a big box store, with all the cacophony of muzak, loudspeaker announcements babies screaming children crying registers beeping,

The downside to mania being indifference even negligence to my health
And we keep smokin' and we keep drinkin'
Havin' fun, never thinkin'
And laughin' at the price tag that we pay
And we keep roarin' down the fast lane
Like two young men feelin' no pain
Merle Haggard
Aware of the consequences
Google Fit watch on the one hand Apple watch on other

artificial intelligence to keep me grounded
electronic discipline, virtual life coach

oh well, I am in a rut, since I got off the road two weeks ago I ain’t done nothing but
painted a picture of an old rodeo, I am an old woman my old man is another… and this too :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCP0y-mbaFo
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

sasha

Post by sasha » October 23rd, 2019, 11:33 am

I love trees - the more gnarled and misshapen, the more I'm drawn to them. One can only imagine the hardships, the privations, that have shaped them. There's a sprawling old oak about a mile from the trailhead of the railroad grade I hike most days, and another I see each day on my morning walk, less than half a mile from my driveway. I'm tempted to clear the brush surrounding it to greater display its magnificance, and might if it didn't sit on someone else's land. But my favorite was a splendid old white pine right at the edge of the back road I travel when visiting my mother. He must have been 100 years old, his trunk nearly 10 feet around at the base. His twisted arms spiraled skyward, as if he were in supplication of the gods themselves.... I say "was" - a few days ago I found him sprawled across the road, a victim of the nor'easter that blew through here last week. I mourn his loss, and regret never following through on "someday I must take his picture!" ... RIP, old fellow.... I'm so so sorry....

A few more favorites.......

DruidSpirits.jpg
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 23rd, 2019, 6:21 pm

The Joshuas are twisty-gnarly too. And they live in just one desert-- the Mojave. Many of them are like "limbs held up to the sky." I think that might be how they got their name..

sasha

Post by sasha » October 24th, 2019, 6:58 am

Some years ago I saw an interview with Tom Wolfe ("The Right Stuff"), where he mentioned the "arthritic" (sic) Joshua trees as a defining feature of the desert, & of Edwards AFB in particular. They also get a cameo in the 1950s sci-fi classic "It Came From Outer Space" (which BTW is much better than its trashy title would suggest).

Hereabouts, the white pines are prone, apparently, to a viral or parasitic infection that causes them to bifurcate, so instead of growing tall & straight (like the more commercially-viable red pines), they're more likely to split, twist, & meander like tentacles. No photographer ever singled out a red pine, though their stands aren't without a charm of their own......

wylde

Post by wylde » October 24th, 2019, 8:06 am

survive to thrive
Last edited by wylde on October 25th, 2019, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.homesick. but homeless.

sasha

Post by sasha » October 24th, 2019, 4:42 pm

What a magnificent specimen! :)

wylde

Post by wylde » October 25th, 2019, 5:57 am

sasha wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 4:42 pm
What a magnificent specimen! :)

never surrender!!
.homesick. but homeless.

wylde

Post by wylde » October 25th, 2019, 6:12 am

*This giant Outeniqua Yellowwood (Podocarpus Falcatus) is a magnificent part of creation, being some 1 000 years old and towering at an impressive height of 36.6 metres (110ft). The largest known Outeniqua Yellowwoods reached 45 metres (135 feet) in height. The trunk has a circumference of nearly nine metres (27 feet) and the canopy boasts a spread of 33 metres (99 feet).

looking up; my mind went blank. no chain-sore near. listening to the quiet.
.homesick. but homeless.

sasha

Post by sasha » October 25th, 2019, 7:42 am

wylde wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 6:12 am
That's how I felt the first time I saw redwoods - the plaque said the tree was over 300 feet tall, but my mind just couldn't process that - it balked at the notion, and I couldn't see it - what I saw instead was what I expected to see, something I was familiar with - a much smaller canopy much closer to the ground. Truly mind-boggling

wylde

Post by wylde » October 25th, 2019, 6:00 pm

sasha wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 7:42 am
wylde wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 6:12 am
That's how I felt the first time I saw redwoods - the plaque said the tree was over 300 feet tall, but my mind just couldn't process that - it balked at the notion, and I couldn't see it - what I saw instead was what I expected to see, something I was familiar with - a much smaller canopy much closer to the ground. Truly mind-boggling
an emotive profound connectivity...?
.homesick. but homeless.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 27th, 2019, 8:10 pm

Thx for your response, saw - just finished a week's work came home fell asleep sitting up on the couch - Roy & wylde are talking about trees, Jack is here and good for him - judih is still true - I have a dark wind-infested night here on the Plateau - coffee and smoke signals ... hope ya all are doing ok
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 28th, 2019, 12:09 am

ok. back home after a sojourn of unexpected days attached to a student trip to albany -thought of you, mingo, not as far away as usual. Smelt that autumn soil and the fragrance of wet maple leaves and had a sudden burst of tears. How i miss fall. we don't do north american soil smells over here in the desert.
ahhhhh, just the thought. mmmm-hmmmmmmmmm

wylde

Post by wylde » October 29th, 2019, 6:09 am

judih wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 12:09 am
ok. back home after a sojourn of unexpected days attached to a student trip to albany -thought of you, mingo, not as far away as usual. Smelt that autumn soil and the fragrance of wet maple leaves and had a sudden burst of tears. How i miss fall. we don't do north american soil smells over here in the desert.
ahhhhh, just the thought. mmmm-hmmmmmmmmm
dear sister in light. it always seems that compromise is parts of life's hand which it deals. feelings and emotions are so potently powerful. so profound. if only that energy could be harnessed in a newclear way...

take cares. be safe. thank you for be-ing.
.homesick. but homeless.

wylde

Post by wylde » October 29th, 2019, 6:16 am

the mingo wrote:
October 27th, 2019, 8:10 pm
Thx for your response, saw - just finished a week's work came home fell asleep sitting up on the couch - Roy & wylde are talking about trees, Jack is here and good for him - judih is still true - I have a dark wind-infested night here on the Plateau - coffee and smoke signals ... hope ya all are doing ok
i returned to page 1 of this thread. the very first post.
my mind folded like crumpled papier-mâché origami boats.

i trust the smoke signals are goodly.
.homesick. but homeless.

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”