Zuihitsu

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Zuihitsu

Post by the mingo » February 19th, 2022, 7:05 am

[flash=] Fuck yeah, Mongolia! [/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ws3OrSnY-I

Jack, just watched a vid out of Canada where a veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces was put face first in the snow, handcuffed, and led off in custody
for not wanting gov't tyranny in his life - I had to quit watching, had to turn away - what the FUCK is happening to our neighbor to the north?
it's gonna happen here too - mark it.

Up with people
down with assholes
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 12th, 2022, 6:38 am

first draft

I been thinking about buying a new computer and maybe a coffee cup too.
Down to 28 last night going to be in the eighties today or so my TV tells me.

I been looking at your post for a long time since you posted it about a month ago. You know Benedict Arnold was a veteran too. I got to think some more on this.
I watch too much TV and see to many commercials’ with people in camouflage clothing pitching stuff that is “tactical”
When I woke up this morning I washed my face with my tactical soap I brush my teeth with my tactical toothbrush and before that I took a shit wiped my ass with my tactical toilet paper. When i went out to my car and it was dark soI used my tactical flashlight and when the sun came up I put on my tactical sunglasses you see many of these ads for tactical vest tactical that indicative of the militarization of the United States wishes to have one of the smallest and the armies of any major country in the world.

In 1963 just after the events in Dallas I was called up for the draft but I was declared mentally unfit just because I used to sleep with a shotgun tucked up under my chinny chin chin.
I run sleeper teams with veterans from WW!, Korea and Vietnam. I noted that the combat veterans were different from the ones who never left the states . Back in the eightes you could by hats with "Vietnam Veteran" emblazed with gold braid. No body asked to see your discharge papers. I met a guy in a truck stop in Wichita KS who bitching and moaning about having to sleep in his truck because he had pissed away his expense money and his company would not send him any more. I thought he might really be a vteran but he had never been there in a world of shit. The veterans I teamed with never gripped about the vicissitudes of truckin, in fact when things went wrong they seemed to cheer up.

Hope you have a good day today, in friendship from a 4F conscientious objector.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Last edited by stilltrucking on March 12th, 2022, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 12th, 2022, 9:52 am

good to see you, jack. If you can, go for the new computer. Just setting it up will offer a few good hours of coping with the insanities of life

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 22nd, 2022, 10:55 pm

Thank you. It would be good to see mingo. He has helped me deal with the insanities of life.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 23rd, 2022, 1:21 am

stilltrucking wrote:
March 22nd, 2022, 10:55 pm
Thank you. It would be good to see mingo. He has helped me deal with the insanities of life.
i totally concur!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 24th, 2022, 9:53 am

Thx, Jack & judih - wind came through last night and tore down the tent shelter where I keep two electric bikes, lawnmower, weed wacker and assorted other items - me and Nancy out there in the dark trying to take the rest of it apart in attempt to save it - go back out there today maybe put the pieces back together get a little more mileage out of it - I love you both -

my radiation treatments wrapped up last Thursday, had a CT scan last Tuesday, have a bone scan on April Fool's Day then the waiting begins - all I want to do is ride my bikes now - the snow is gone for the most part but the cold lingers, I have been out riding a couple of times - the cancer & the dealing with the bureaucracy of the VA has worn me a bit thin - I have heard nothing on my claim yet - going on four months now -

I need a break - catch you both later

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 24th, 2022, 10:40 am

grab a break whenever possible. Sending a hug for warm weather and less of this goddamn wind.

saw

Post by saw » March 25th, 2022, 9:37 am

Dealing with the VA is almost as bad as being really ill
the wait times stretch the imagination to the breaking point
I actually like my audiologist, she'll work with me
but I called up because of a problem with my hearing aid
the coordinator of appointments said, sure i can get you in in 4 months
and i replied well....I'm totally deaf without a working HA
and she said well, we are very busy...a lot of vets want an audiology appt.
and i said, but you can't prioritize for things like deafness
and she said sir, we are really busy
so i wonder through the silent world til April 11th.....this was just after the first of Jan.
oh boy
of course this isn't life threatening
but i do know the VA
Hang in there......hope things go well with the treatment
and you're back on the bike in no time
my sanity comes from hiking in the woods
and I'm still at it
so what do I really have to complain about
I'd like to hear the birds
but it won't kill me if I don't
Be Well !
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 26th, 2022, 10:40 am

Thx, saw - I walk the dog when it ain't raining - we go up the hill to the gravel pit and climb the ridge there made & left by the continental ice sheets of a few thousand years ago - then we drop down the backside of the ridge into the woods and down to the river - then back up the ridge into the gravel pit, we cross that and back up to the road and home - it's good -

had an electrical problem with one of my bikes, when the tent shelter got torn up couple of days ago the heavier of the two bikes had fallen onto the other one and done some damage to the throttle cable on the lighter bike - of course, I didn't know this before I took that bike out for a ride - it began shooting Error codes at me right & left and lucky I was not on the road with traffic but crossing the gravel pit when all hell broke loose - with the help of a couple of YouTube vids I began tracking down just what the fuck - the advice in the vids only helped me to locate the problem not fix it since the throttle itself was damaged - I disconnected it, I don't use it on that particular machine anyway because of the way it is set up - test ride yesterday went ok - if it stops raining long enough today I will take it for a longer ride -

the VA - it has been four months since my initial claim - thing is I could really use the money, can't work not even part-time and things have gotten tight, behind on everything from rent to food - my emails to the VA have gone unanswered, same with my phone calls - I was told my claim was a sure thing - I hope so

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 14th, 2022, 9:12 pm

A prayer for mingo
if God still hears the prayers of Jews
Be well please. Miss you here
Dreamed I had a stroke. I was talking to people but no one seemed to understand me. Then the thought struck me that I was talking gobbledygook so I got a piece of paper and wrote, " I think I am having a stroke" Feeling like the girl in Twilight Zone movie who's mouth disappeared. 100 degree weather, afib warnings from my Applewatch. Other than that everything's ok. Do you remember how back in 2003?
there were jars sitting by the cash registers in icehouses asking for donations to buy body armor for the troops in Iraq ? :cry:

I hope I can stick around for a couple more years because the news is so interesting these days.
going to buy this book>>>>>>>>>>>
• Homo Deus
• A Brief History of Tomorrow

'Homo sapiens is an obsolete algorithm': Yuval Noah Harari
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/yuval-n ... ri-dataism
The Value of Consciousness and Free Will in a Technological Dystopia

Yuval Noah Harari warns of a very pessimistic future for our species: essentially, that it may be superseded by non-conscious Artificial Intelligence that can do anything we can and more. This assumes that we are physically instantiated algorithms that can be improved on in all respects. On such an assumption, our labor will become economically worthless once AI reaches a certain level. This picture, however, changes markedly if we accept the views of David Hodgson in respect of consciousness, free will, what he calls plausible reasoning, and the relationship among these. On Hodgson’s account, there will always be valuable skills requiring a particular kind of judgment that are possessed by humans, but not by non-conscious algorithmic machines, however advanced.
https://jetpress.org/v28.1/mccay.htm

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 14th, 2022, 9:49 pm

stilltrucking wrote:
May 14th, 2022, 9:12 pm
A prayer for mingo
if God still hears the prayers of Jews
Be well please. Miss you here
Dreamed I had a stroke. I was talking to people but no one seemed to understand me. Then the thought struck me that I was talking gobbledygook so I got a piece of paper and wrote, " I think I am having a stroke" Feeling like the girl in Twilight Zone movie who's mouth disappeared. 100 degree weather, afib warnings from my Applewatch. Other than that everything's ok. Do you remember how back in 2003?
there were jars sitting by the cash registers in icehouses asking for donations to buy body armor for the troops in Iraq ? :cry:

I hope I can stick around for a couple more years because the news is so interesting these days.
going to buy this book>>>>>>>>>>>
• Homo Deus
• A Brief History of Tomorrow

'Homo sapiens is an obsolete algorithm': Yuval Noah Harari
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/yuval-n ... ri-dataism
The Value of Consciousness and Free Will in a Technological Dystopia

Yuval Noah Harari warns of a very pessimistic future for our species: essentially, that it may be superseded by non-conscious Artificial Intelligence that can do anything we can and more. This assumes that we are physically instantiated algorithms that can be improved on in all respects. On such an assumption, our labor will become economically worthless once AI reaches a certain level. This picture, however, changes markedly if we accept the views of David Hodgson in respect of consciousness, free will, what he calls plausible reasoning, and the relationship among these. On Hodgson’s account, there will always be valuable skills requiring a particular kind of judgment that are possessed by humans, but not by non-conscious algorithmic machines, however advanced.
https://jetpress.org/v28.1/mccay.htm
Yes. Best thoughts to the mingo. So worrying to be on the needing hand of government support, that which is supposed to be ready and obvious, yet paperwork highways to travel.
And yes to Harari. His books are so clearly thought out. It's been a while since he wrote a Brief History of Tomorrow, but rings true. I listen to him when I can in youtube interviews, just to see what he's thinking these days. Always comforting to hear someone speak something straightforward.

Glad to see you, Jack. May health find you as good company.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 26th, 2022, 7:35 am

FedEx has just classed my order as "Pending" - put it on my headstone, "Pending" - supposed to be delivered yesterday - negative - then I was told it would be delivered today which now has been called into question by the word "Pending" - nothing about this has gone well since the beginning, fucked up right out of the gate - I was told to expect delivery last Thursday - negative - pushed back a week because of "Unreadable Label" - right out of the gate -

Pend This, Peckerheads.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » August 26th, 2022, 11:56 am

Pend off, penderjerks

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 18th, 2022, 10:17 am

pending sunset on 29 September2039 when I will be 99 years old if I can keep on pending
I hope you will still be pending too.
please keep on pending
Fedex is the worst delivery service.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 28th, 2022, 2:59 pm

Lingering follows your bliss
October road with
Mingo
Keep in touch
Even if we knowers must not be knowers of ourselves
spontaneous text in the spirit of wireman
as good as it is
life is sweet all of it the sorrow too
if you can make a living she used to say from work you are happy to do that is as good as it gets in this world my rose of San Antone used to tell me just like those greeting cards would say follow your bliss what could go wrong haha

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”