Beth & Santiago

(...)

Moderator: the mingo

the mingo

Re: Beth & Santiago

Post by the mingo » September 20th, 2023, 9:10 am

Beth,

The snow has passed but the wind has risen. There is light on your face around your eyes,
your mouth in complete shadow. All that otherwise could not be said. The ice in the river will be gone soon.
Our fingers close, almost touching. Dark background. You know how I am.

A secret self.

Santiago
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Re: Beth & Santiago

Post by the mingo » September 20th, 2023, 9:13 am

Santiago,

You are watching a sunrise, no? Like it were a woman smartly dressed sitting on a bench in a park, yes? A secret self? You'll have me laughing or at least a big silent smile.
You have found the stories now. You went out into the wilderness and dug under the trees, dug into the dunes, turned over the stones. You find them, you connect them, you get them down. You know you can go back and get more and each will be different. The clock ticks on but you know what to do now. You have found me and I have given you this power.
I am the vine climbing a wall and when winter moves off I will bring out my green leaves. You will watch me eclipse the moon. You will find the last living phone booth in America and read the graffiti on its walls as you enter my number. I will let my phone ring 4 times before I answer. I will not speak but let you listen to me breathe. You will touch yourself, the phone will catch fire, the booth will burst into flame but you will not be burned - you will be elemental, spiritual, but never superstitious.

Beth
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Return to “Mingo's Lingo”