I am tripping more than you are. Battling razzberries

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

SadLuckDame

Re: I am tripping more than you are. Battling razzberries

Post by SadLuckDame » June 25th, 2011, 8:53 am

Well, I loved all of those pics
and we can always pretend today's your birthday instead or that today is truly a few days ago. What I wanna do on your birthday is...and then we'll eat. I bought a small box of fresh picked strawberries at the farmer's market.
I'm going to see about making pancakes then and it'll be a birthday on the wrong day birthday morning a.m. breakfast tradition with strawberries, pancakes and honey.

I'm excited you'll be the elder in your tribe. I hope ya gets painted up.
Good mornin', mingo.

`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 25th, 2011, 9:45 pm

Hey, Doll. Didn't get anywhere with the Cherokee. Bolts too rusted and wouldn't give. So a shop will have to do it. Just tryin' to save myself some cash. Just listened to the song you posted. Now I'm pensive but I think I was headed that way anyway. Sometimes moods are the damnedest things to ride out.

That sounds lame don't it ?

I see ya posted some new vids elsewhere. i scanned them but didn't listen to them. Will check them out tomorrow.

Someone is shootin' off fireworks. I think I'll just go to bed. Thanks for the birthday thoughts. Those three dots of yours in your post got me to smilin'.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 25th, 2011, 9:59 pm

Don't worry, mingo.
All is fair in our way and I might go off to dream too.
Remember back the next page asking bout my dreaming and I'd just snapped out of a vivid dream that A.M. I'll have to post it tonight.

I'm decided...gonna build a small boat and then saw she had made that white one in the movie. Look at all our dots :P

Sweet dreams.
I made you pancakes.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 25th, 2011, 10:06 pm

I love pancakes.

between our dots I wrote ya a little somethin'...

empty chair
beneath the tree
nobody in it
not even me
the heart has
an archeology

... i love pancakes. Smilin and headed up the stairs. Rhyme will be the ruin of me, ya know. It's just that lately when words get to roamin' 'round in my head they are like small songs and they are in rhyme for reasons unknown.
'Nite, Doll ...

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 25th, 2011, 10:08 pm

PS - write about your dream. I always enjoy listening to them.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 25th, 2011, 10:10 pm

I'm gonna go sleep on your boat.
HaHa ya know I will.
Good nite, mingo

p.s. from me
I like your voice.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 26th, 2011, 2:18 pm

Happy Sunday.
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 26th, 2011, 9:37 pm

I like yours too.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 26th, 2011, 9:42 pm

I'd like a canoe and a house boat, a row boat would be fun. I have the lake
and could borrow boats, but I'd rather it this way. Wouldn't it be great to make one.
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 27th, 2011, 8:45 am

Wouldn't it be great to make one.
Yeah, I've thought about that myself. You can buy kits for the building of a kayak. That would give you some experience. But what I really wonder about is making one from scratch. Like the old Aleuts & Inuits & Eskimos once did. From found wood &nd bone. From the heart.

When I was in the Navy the second ship I was stationed on was homeported in San Francisco Bay. I discovered a community of people there who lived on houseboats on the other end of the Bay. They would go up the rivers and out on the sea and up and down the coast and then come back and all tie up together and that's how they lived. Most of them did not have much money and many of their boats were homemade. They would gather 55 gallon drums or old flotation chambers and get inventive, tie or weld them together and use scrap lumber for decking and walls and roofs and they would help each other in the making and share knowledge and tips & experience & when they were done they each had a usable craft, something they could not only live a life on but also pull up anchor and move off in. How I envied them.

So yeah, I've thought about building my own kayak, at least, & I'm sure it would be satisfying & memorable. 8)

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 27th, 2011, 9:13 am

We are able...
I'm so glad for that.

I don't mind trying to learn a new lifestyle of living off the land,
building from scratch. Well, my Grandfather practically rebuilt everything with scraps and hot black tar, duct tape and bingo...I loved that heart.

The Old Duck was a piece of old crap boat, he prolly bought it for $3 and whatever pieces of scrap metal, wood and etc. went into it. Heart.
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » June 28th, 2011, 1:09 am

I've known guys like that. I was only like that about things I was interested in.
though I learned how to scavenge early on. My maternal grandfather was a scavenger. I didn't learn it from him just by way of sayin' I think it's in the blood. My paternal grandfather was the builder. Built his own house. it's still standing. I never built a house. My son Eli has. If I had the money I have him build me a house. The things I built were more creative than useful I guess or just plain whims or notions. Built to be in tune with the temporary. Like everything else in this world. As soon as you raise something up it begins to fall down. Things grow only because nothing lasts. That's what I've observed anyway. One of the prophets, can't remember which one, said it best in the Old Testament, "Houses of clay, foundations of dust". Yet another one, Isaiah, I think, said "Lift up your eyes". That's what I try to do in my better moments, lift up my eyes. Not towards a future of this world but toward a place undreamed of and unimaginable by us.
Wow, I guess I got going, huh? Anyways, I don't trash this world even if there is evil within & without because God said it was good as it came from his hand and you can still see his mark in places and moments. Fleeting perhaps, but it's there. Most everyone knows the story when God told a certain man in a certain place at a certain time to build a boat. 8)
'Nite, Doll.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 28th, 2011, 6:21 am

I can't sleep, mingo. My daughter's been spirited the whole night through and her charming joyful laughter fills the whole house practically every hour through this night. I finally got up, came downstairs and told her I'm not too happy. Having some hot tea and honey, trying to take the edges off so I can simmer.
Kids our joy and our heat.

Oh! I hear ya on this. I've never constructed anything that's lasted or much of use, either. Anyway, still ya got my mind whirring and buzzing. I've been constructing a corset in my mind for a while now, prolly for a month or so. I can picture holding the rib bones, the choice material and how it'll gather.
I'd like to try. And I might.

Yesterday, I searched an article on building one out of cardboard. Imagine that, I guess it takes whatever it takes. I don't know which material I'll decide.

As far as boats and houses. I can swing a hammer, and sand wood. I think my weakness is in measuring. My maths are all but clearly about forgotten. I keep thinking I might begin to study maths again on my own and see if I can get it to spark back to life.

Yes, he said, "Build a boat, big and tall."
Thanks, mingo.
~Lewis Carroll

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » June 28th, 2011, 6:28 am

I knew a guy like that too. I met him in college he seemed like just a kid to me, but he was in his early twenties. When ever we would get deep into conversation he would say, "I am tripping more than you are"

You can scavenge some good stuff from the old testament, but there are several passages I can think of about dogs and women I dislike.

Does anyone remember the the The Whole Earth Canataloupe? Dig you ever read the story scribbled around the margins of the book?
I think it was called "Divine Rights Trip" I bin tripping on matriarchs for a long time amigo. It is in my blood, sugar and spice and everything nice :lol:

I like your voice Sad Luck Dame too.
Attachments
mingo_digital_abstract.jpg
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 28th, 2011, 7:09 am

Hmm that reminds me of your photo of The Great Gatsby and it's noted margin.
Prolly one of my favoritist photos of yours.

When we go into the passages
I wonder if the people there are to be similar to the people here.

Mister, in my boat and I, in yours.
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”