I am tripping more than you are. Battling razzberries

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

SadLuckDame

Re: I am tripping more than you are. Battling razzberries

Post by SadLuckDame » July 22nd, 2012, 9:03 am

Miss Hawkings wore a crown of not much construction,
but it suited and it fined what wanting it was to glee her.

She sat at a chair in the garden with her dreams plated aside the silvery ware.

I'd rather her that she'd rather. I'd rather her that she'd rather.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 22nd, 2012, 9:05 am

I wish there was a such a such
as Mr Brautigan.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 22nd, 2012, 9:08 am

It is as if there was a river with a lot of pink, healthy salmon swimming about, breeding and eating, then the next day there was not.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 22nd, 2012, 9:10 am

"You can eat your story ending, but I will not!"
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » July 22nd, 2012, 12:14 pm

"I am not where you are and see none of that."

I am not where you are and see one of that

I am not where you are
you are a woman
somewhere high above me
I am catepillar trying to burrow into your spirit

All that matters is what we write here

I take what you give me and spin it through my consciousness and then type or try to type like I was half the writer Jack was

I will be here till the children burn the town down, till the phones go out, I will never leave a post of yours hanging unreplied to
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 22nd, 2012, 3:14 pm

You write better than him, if you were to ask me and I'm the one to ask about that, we spend so much time together. :P

I am not very good about keeping all of my replies in writing. Actually, pretty terrible at it. I like what you're always writing though.

I woke up storming and now I'm as calm as the sea when it is calm.
~Lewis Carroll

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » July 22nd, 2012, 3:39 pm

we could sit so far apart
and sip a nice glass of tea
eat a slice of pi

I am thinking about my comment about dollar signs in both my eyes, I got to stop thinking like that about this.

I need to get down on my job at what I euphenmstically
call my day job at The Rosewater Foundation for the relief of man's estate.

Sometimes I wan to kiss a fig leaf

What would I do with out the fashion industry

Hello this is jack tilles at the rosewater foundation how may I help you

no that was a good video about HyperLand got to remember I got all I need this miracle of technology here, my silicon based pal, my thaumaturgical word processser and I got some other person out there on the other end of the web reading and writing back.

I could not do this for money, I would get nauseated if I had to sit here and type to do a deadline.

no I do this because verytime I write something I like or you like or mingo or anyone likes a little trap door opens up on my screen and a banana flavored pellet drops out. gives me a headache to think about intellectually property rights, makes me want to stop writing when I think about it.

we could have a slice of 3.14...& a cup a tea me here you there, but lets make it lipton's tea, green tea, any kind of tea but Jimson weed tea.

Oh no, not if I can help it.
it was like all the holes in my body were healing up yuck but it was pretty to watch all the stars in the night sky out one by one

any old pie is fine with me
razzberriers hmm
A man could live on razzberry pie and vanilla ice cream.

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 22nd, 2012, 3:46 pm

I wanted to tell you about this yesterday, but forgot all about it until now, but I was reading the book Bend Sinister and by the middle or right before it, they start mentioning Rosewater Academy. I made a note on it to go back and research what it was about. I wanted to hold the book up onto your lap and be excited, only I wasn't sure yet what it was all about, so I'll have to come back to this.

But, it was like having you there reading, too.
Tea on a fancy day like this and this way, I'd be happy to.
~Lewis Carroll

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » July 22nd, 2012, 4:02 pm

Of all my vonneghut inspired sock puppets Diana is the most problematical for me. I had a guy kind of hit on me once. I use these silly user names just to give an edge to a thread, sometimes I guess I test too 8)

Bend Sinister
open new S8 window and search for "Bend Sinister" I just read something maybe mnaz post going to check it out

no it was you you on seven come twenty

a book in my lap excited
to be come more profiecient at this
can you imagine writing something that would inspire a reader to get excited.

Nabakov in sinister bend Iran
I did not get to finish Lolita , I had a paperbacked version and the binding was broken it was one of those books that I would get so excitied I had to put it down and let my thoughts run on for a while then pick it up and continue, one time I put down face up and a gust of wind caught it and pages in the air everywhere.

Diana Moon Glampers needs a lot of coming back to for me.

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 22nd, 2012, 4:24 pm

I will never forget how I read Lolita.
I think I hated myself for keeping on flipping pages, but then again I felt like I was experiencing pages I needed to experience in order to learn a valuable to me lesson.

If that makes sense.

Also found out the power behind an author, if he/she so chooses to use words with power. It is on my bookshelf, the pages bent and I know something more after reading it.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 5th, 2012, 12:40 am

There are little darter birds eating from the ground.
I always thought everything was so silent,
but there they are plucking, frothy feathers,
chirps.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 5th, 2012, 12:59 am

"But, the great neck!" she resumed.
Irritated, Tom battled, "Ignore the great neck."
He was situated with the slices of life and she was compact, improvised,

because it was easier with, I am a lake. Big bodies of water and the motion of feet, similar to the motion of her mouth when whippering, the forcing of her lips to play, be playful. When I saw her walk through the water kicking over rocks.

Then she wheeled out of there, like I had back in 1979 driving my first Betty on a skinny day and she had the whole road to say, "Met you."
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 5th, 2012, 1:06 am

I wade in the water to my knees. "Sorry that I put away all the chairs...
that there's nothing to eat...that I'm in my black dress with a dark hat."
Mumbling in quieter tones, "I can't see the birthmark on my arm after the tan, everything's blonde. When I turned once in the pond, I never turned again nor again...

There are geese out of the side-way that I'd never had an awareness of before.
I didn't know you were there."
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 5th, 2012, 1:08 am

Shchekotiki is a half-tingle, half-tickle almost orgasm. Prolly from looking at something so stirring, hearing something that triggers.
Found in Bend Sinister.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » August 5th, 2012, 3:28 pm

dangerous times we live in
the world is full of crocodilles and women

RE: Seeking a feminine voice and miniskirts jack kerouac jesus buddha and the brides of jesus was a song by little feat I think, never crossed my mind that there were women in this world, I thought there was just two kinds of men. Those with a penis and those without.

I keep a close watch on this text of mine because I hope to hear from a feminine voice on what it is.

OP-ED COLUMNIST
Maureen Dowd NYTIMES dot Com
The Love Goddess Who Keeps Right on Seducing

MIKE NICHOLS claims he called Marilyn Monroe to work on a scene.
“Are you sure you weren’t hitting on her?” I asked.
“I wouldn’t have dared dream of it,” he replied.

It was the mid-1950s, and they were both taking an acting class in New York with Lee Strasberg. Nichols recounted his conversation with the woman with the familiar breathy voice:

“The phone rang and somebody said, ‘Hello,’ and I said, ‘Hi, is Marilyn there?’ and she said, ‘No, she’s not,’ and I said, ‘Well, this is Mike. I’m in class with her. Could you take a message?’ And she said, ‘Well, it’s a holiday,’ because it was the Fourth of July weekend, and that, to her, was an excuse for not taking a message for herself.”
No one ever said Marilyn wasn’t complicated.

Nichols directed the Tony Award-winning revival of her third husband’s play, “Death of a Salesman.” I interviewed him for a BBC radio show based on a column I wrote for The Times about how we have devolved from Marilyn’s aspirational attitude toward knowledge, in which she wanted to collect great books and meet authors and intellectuals — even marrying one — to Sarah Palin’s anti-elitist scorn about reading and intellectuals.

Nichols surprised me when he said he was present at what he dryly calls the “historic moment” in May 1962 when Marilyn sang “Happy Birthday” to Jack Kennedy, who was turning 45. Marilyn was wearing that shrink-wrap, sheer Jean Louis gown ablaze with rhinestones — “skin and beads,” she called it. Nichols and Elaine May were also performing that night in Madison Square Garden, not that anyone remembers.
“I was standing right behind Marilyn, completely invisible, when she sang ‘Happy birthday, Mr. President,’ ” Nichols said. “And indeed, the corny thing happened: Her dress split for my benefit, and there was Marilyn, and yes, indeed, she didn’t wear any underwear.”

At a party afterward, “Elaine and I were dancing, and Bobby Kennedy and Marilyn danced by us, and I swear to God the conversation was as follows — ”
Here Nichols put on, first, a feathery voice and then a nasal one:

“ ‘I like you, Bobby.’
“ ‘I like you too, Marilyn.’ ”

The famous director has worked with many famous beauties. So I asked him, as we mark the 50th anniversary of Marilyn’s death, if he could explain her astonishing staying power.

“I think that the easy answer might be that she had the greatest need,” he said. “She wasn’t particularly a great beauty, that is to say, Hedy Lamarr or Ava Gardner would knock the hell out of her in a contest, but she was almost superhumanly sexual.”

Feminism has come and gone, and women now routinely puff their lips, inflate their chests, dye their hair and dress with sultry abandon. But Nichols said Marilyn’s heat went deeper, with a walk, a look and movements that were an “out-and-out open seduction right in front of everyone.”
Arthur Gelb, the former Times managing editor, likes to tell how he won a $10 bet as a slightly inebriated rewrite man in the ’50s when he reached out and, much to her annoyance, touched Marilyn’s flawless porcelain back as she dined with friends at Sardi’s.

“When she walked, it was as though she had a hundred body parts that moved separately in different directions,” Gelb told me on the BBC show. “I mean, you didn’t know what body part to follow.”

Wherever I travel in the world, I run across the luminous image of the heartbreaking and breathtaking sex symbol who was smart enough to become the most famous “dumb blonde” of the 20th century. Marilyn, her white pleated halter dress flying up over the New York subway grate, is as deeply etched in the global imagination as Audrey Hepburn in a black Givenchy dress at Tiffany’s.

(Page 2 of 2)
Starting as the 1948 Castroville, Calif., artichoke queen, Marilyn was a genius at self-creation, high gloss over deep wounds. “Marilyn’s like a veil I wear over Norma Jeane,” she said

Lois Banner, a professor of history and gender studies at the University of Southern California, hails the star in her new book, “Marilyn: The Passion and the Paradox,” as a proto-feminist who had to swim upstream past a mentally ill mother, 12 foster homes, a stutter, sexual abuse as a child, sexism as a star, manic-depressive cycles, addiction, Joe DiMaggio’s abuse and Arthur Miller’s condescension. “She is the child in all of us,” Banner writes, “the child we want to forget but can’t dismiss.”

Half a century after Marilyn was found on Aug. 5, 1962, in her Brentwood bedroom, nude, holding her phone, soaked in drugs, she continues to bewitch: her death at 36 and the sketchy cover-up; her tempestuous marriages to a famous baseball player and famous playwright; her role, with Jack and Bobby Kennedy, in the most intriguing film noir triangle of all time.
She gazes wistfully from the latest People, beside Rob and Kristen, with the headline, “Was Marilyn Murdered?”

“Could the iconic bombshell,” USA Today asked, “be any more alive?”
She made $27 million last year, gobs more than she ever earned in life. She was the poster girl at Cannes, a festival she never attended. And her time in England making “The Prince and the Showgirl” was the subject of a movie that got two Oscar nominations, even though the golden girl never won a gold statuette herself.

There’s a fresh cascade of books, photos, Twitter messages, Blu-ray box sets, Marilyn Monroe Cafes, Marilyn nail salons, and a MAC makeup collection.
NBC’s “Smash” is set behind the scenes of a Broadway show based on Marilyn’s life; Nicki Minaj has a song called “Marilyn Monroe,” and the documentary “Love, Marilyn” will have its premiere at the Toronto Film Festival next month. There had even been talk about revivifying the sex kitten for a hologram show.

While making her last movie, “Something’s Got to Give,” Marilyn posed nude for a young photographer, Larry Schiller, hoping to ratchet up her $100,000 salary to Elizabeth Taylor’s million-dollar territory for “Cleopatra.”

Schiller wrote in Vanity Fair that he saw the confidence that spurred Marilyn to become one of the first stars to create her own production company. “There isn’t anybody that looks like me without clothes on,” she laughed.
He also saw her dark companion, insecurity. “Is that all I’m good for?” she keened about nudity.

Yet Schiller told The Associated Press that “it’s women that have kept Marilyn alive, not men.” He says teenage girls flock to see gallery shows, and that the photos selling now accentuate her humanity, not her anatomy.
“I think,” he said, “people want to see her now as a real person.”
Attachments
05DOWD-popup.jpg
05DOWD-popup.jpg (30.79 KiB) Viewed 528 times
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”