Cancer lady, firstly

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 1st, 2010, 9:00 am

Same thing happened to me. Not Sherlock Holmes but coffee. I mean how I deal with it. When I pour the first one of the morning I put a bunch of sugar in it. I mean a bunch, like all the Indians at the Little Big Horn with Custer. I drink that down 'bout two thirds of the way into the cup. Then I refill to warm it but only put in enough sugar to keep the illusion of sweetness going.
There used to be deer hanging in the garages around here too or from the maple trees in the yards. Not anymore. The place has "grown up". Become civilized. 'Bout all you are likely to see anymore is four-wheelers and forty thousand dollar Jeeps. A Hummer or two.
Yup, "progress" & "maturity" all over the place. And heaven forbid you have a junk car somewhere on the property. 23 laws complete with dire results against that kind of thing. Or against any human behavior that might drive down property values. What has come and gone weren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but what goes on here today ain't no cleaner. Ya know, I miss the ways of the people in the old photographs.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 1st, 2010, 11:56 am

I liked the new "Sherlock Holmes" (2009) and it had plenty of cliff hangers, or bridge hangers, as the case may be...Robert Downey, Jr. was good in "Iron Man" also.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 2nd, 2010, 9:52 pm

I'm into sugar in the coffee too, mingo.
A little creamer, as long as it's still coffee.
Thanks for this, I liked it.

Oh! Loved the relationship pangs in the Sherlock Holmes, ha ha. Good mix.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Re: Cancer lady, firstly

Post by SadLuckDame » October 1st, 2010, 11:03 pm

I'm an INFP, which a few years ago I'd taken a similar test with similar results coming out healer. And what will you be?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INFP

Take the quiz here...
http://kisa.ca/personality/

I read through mine, and mostly it seems like a good describer of myself,
but then I do start to think everything has something of me in it...Astrology, Chinese Astrology, importance of a name and it's meaning, my moon, the lines on my palm...

Anyway, go for it.

I even found forums geared to explanations of how different 'types' observe, break down and decide upon the flow of present, what we're doing when we're observing, interacting and responding.

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-article ... kills.html
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 3rd, 2010, 5:13 pm

Read a bit on that site, got completely creeped out,
never have I been anywhere where so many people thought in the way I do.
That narrows me down to not being too original anymore, also I'm less worried I've a condition, it's just personality or psychosis. I will miss being an original, though sometimes. Just not when people look at me strange.

Anyway, some random thoughts after reading other INFPs, this is what came to mind.

I feel childish all of the sudden when I comment about something I'm at the moment completely enthralled with, and whoever is 'company' at the time rolls their eyes and says, "I've seen a million of those before." Nothing new here, just a bug, or a word that's been around since the Pharaoh wrapped himself in a snake,

it's not an unusual color for a fruit, it's not weird to have the sun over that mountain, it's not yours it was mine and I left it here by accident a month ago, not a gift from karma, not like we don't all have clouds, you will not be shot at in the night by drive bys if you put your bed next to the wall that runs along the same side as the street! he wasn't an alien, it was not a flock of angels it was just birds, he didn't know what you were thinking and then did as he did just to throw you off, the ceiling fan is not going to fall on you in your sleep it's not even cracked around the edges, they were not ghosts, not witches, not demons, not fairies, not an omen, not a whistle from a dwarf, not a mystical creature, the water's safe, there's nothing deep down in the mud it wouldn't be able to breathe, nobody would poison it, she didn't breathe she was dead! the cat could care less about your looking, it wasn't a foot print, your mom wasn't serious when she said that she only wanted you to be more careful...you're imagining things, you're imagining things, you're imagining.

O.K. I feel better, just had to get that out of my system.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » October 5th, 2010, 5:26 am

I haven't read all of the links but I am reminded of Margaret Meade's comment about being unique.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else
Yes we live in the land of rugged individualists. It dawned on me about a year ago, I was born to follow. I got no opinions other than those I read in the newspapers. So hard to think for myself, my brain is mush these days.

My father such a tortured soul, looking for comfort to the doctors of the mind. Maybe all he needed was a priest and an exorcism. But he was so proud to be a Jew.

I used to read psych text books and freak myself out recognizing my symptoms.

I don't know dame it is so important for you to be an individual. Come on join us, it is so warm and comfy in the middle of the herd.

Sorry, maybe I am joking, or half serious. I don't know anything, all I know is what I have read or seen on TV. Well I do know a few things that I found out on my own by making eggregious mistakes with the tender gender.

But to paraphrase Nietzsche, "as for experience, who the heck has time enough for that"

take care dame
if you got to have a breakdown I hope you get up and dust yourself off and get back stronger than before.

Morning ramblings one cup of coffee

four am cst.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 5th, 2010, 5:51 am

Herds are rather strange,
maybees they smell funny,
I think you're more little boy blue
blowing the horn,
eat the meadow
and lunge the corn.

Indifference always the lifesavor.
I got to gets me more candy.

Thanks, Jack.
5 and after est.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 13th, 2010, 7:11 am

And I really shouldn't,
we both know it
I'm merely a disruption,
but to say good-bye
is too much
a thing I'm not in likes of.
I can't have more
though I don't want less,
I don't...
I've much a greedy spirit,
I've much a self-absorption,
I've much a me, me, me

what a bear, here!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 13th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Cancer Lady firstly
my most favorite thread on this artblog

Greedy, I have heard it is a sin

in the eyes of men.

her mother so greedy for grandchildren
and now her daughter was greedy too

So here she is
the grandaughter she always wanted

We have fought like brother and sister about feminism since she was 12 years old.

She never wanted to be under the thumb of some cowboy
so here she is with her thumb and grandaughter

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 15th, 2010, 12:12 pm

I was followin' this thread and ended up smilin' right about here.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 16th, 2010, 9:44 am

A Cancerain lady, such a mix to want freedom, but to be held,
perhaps only for a math man to figure out
a complicated problem is we seek, but once had, run, run away fast. Or run away fast, just to be had. Who knows, I make this up as I go.
Yes, I'm greedy. Men don't likes it. Grr men.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 16th, 2010, 10:56 am

I make this up as I go...I think you say that.
These things are booming, lol.
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 17th, 2010, 6:37 am

Makin' it up as you go is the only way to roll otherways it would just be boring. Livin moment to moment by wits or bits keeps the bones from gittin' brittle and the brain from gittin little. I close down sometimes tryin' for a little peace but that ain't what life is about and I get this BOOM! explosion because things just won't be contained. Time enough for peace up ahead, right now though the river is flowin' and things is goin'.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 17th, 2010, 4:52 pm

Yes, and as we go
I made a transformation today,
long over-do, due to my stubbornness
to change,

but I just bought
my first pair of high heels.
I don't know how women
do this daily,

my feet seem unhappiest,
but because I'm going
to a family member's wedding
I had this sweet little black
velvet dress and silk ribbon
I've wanted to wear
to somewhere special.

I tried on all my flats
and no matter,
still none worked right
so I went full woman.

Not sure I can pull it off,
need some practice.

I've a lot of lady in me,
but this is one act
I've not rehearsed
prior.

Might take a team
of monkees to keep me
going straight,

wish me luck in walking.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 17th, 2010, 7:18 pm

I am just going to wish you g ood luck and not say "break a leg" I hope you have a good time.

I always liked that song from Flower Drum Song, my true love used to sing it all the time

I Enjoy Being a Girl

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”