Influential heights

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

tinkerjack

Re: Influential heights

Post by tinkerjack » May 2nd, 2011, 9:23 am

free rice

I used to be smart

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 2nd, 2011, 9:56 pm

Sweet dreams.
Yes, the world is changing, when it's only changing within.
Every thing outside is staying just the sames. :P
Always will, shh...don't tell everyone or there really could be some changes.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 3rd, 2011, 1:47 am

Inside

I felt a clearing in my mind
I felt a clearing in my mind
As if my brain had split;
I tried to match it, seam by seam,
But could not make them fit.

The thought behind I strove to join
Unto the thought before,
But sequence ravelled out of reach
Like balls upon the floor.
Outside

"With every passing hour, our solar system comes forty-three thousand miles closer to globular cluster M13 in the constellation Hercules, and still there are some misfits who continue to insist that there is no such thing as progress

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 15th, 2011, 11:34 pm

It's not to achieve the happy life,
for circumstances mayn't allow that,
but the happy spirit is the celebration.
The joy of the spirit, I'm poised
and trying to maintain it.

If I can now defeat all that's been
by holding it together
to approach a happy within.

A big concern/fear
was when I was with
a broken, tormented soul,
but I give myself new life
new life and mingo says,
"To be alive!" yes, yes
we still got this.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 16th, 2011, 7:17 am

The Art of Looking Good after all these years...

a 101 classy and baby you got a style I could lie for,
put ya in between.
Meet me by the payphone on Main street and Seymoure. :P
Gonna cost a dollar for coffee for two riffraff.
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 16th, 2011, 8:43 am

a dollar ?
silver is all I have
will they take silver ?
it's pure thunderstorm and post-thunderstorm silver
good for rain or sun and even any simple grey days
that may lie between
i got it off a horse with no name
after he took me through a desert
and out of the rain
after nine days he said, "Here, take this silver, it may come in handy
for coffee some day."
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 17th, 2011, 12:25 pm

I totally get the concept of 'mine is bluer than yours...bigger...littler...better...bestest...etc.'
I definitely had siblings
and my friends were meaner than yours.
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » May 17th, 2011, 1:29 pm

yeah but... but...
but what about the coffee ?
8)
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 17th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Well of course,
yes coffee.

To live while we still can. :P
My coffee diner might be better than yours.
Just sayin' stay awhile.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 29th, 2011, 10:42 am

I think it is a nesting trait.
I'm safer nestled in the cocoon, I don't like to be out in the wide world or to know the bigness of it all. I do like a night sky, but viewing it under a branch or roof edge. If I can be cradled in a green hide-away of towering trees, mountains.
Just keep me small and let me deal with the world as if it were only bigger than my city, not by much and that it won't defeat me prior to my stepping forward.

Morning thoughts.
It's fear. Things have been as giants.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 15th, 2011, 6:04 pm

A man began a study on a small group of elephants and was fascinated with their wisdom.

The rather large matriarch mother Ellabay led the family unit through their lifespans in such a pattern that they were generally safe, fed and knew the best routes towards water. Her memory amazed the man, and her street-wise knowledge the family could depend on. She adapted to her many roles as Mother, Grandmother, Sister, Self, Healer and gentle Priestess.

As a unit they thrived. They'd birthed many young. She seemed to notice the strength of each individual elephant and trained them to hold significant positions in the herd which suited them the best in their abilities.

One day he wrote a passage of her standing solitude by the grave site of her own Sister. He wrote rather poetically of her shedding tears after ten years had passed since the heart-breaking moment of saying her sorrowful good-bye.

He felt that her wisdom was due to her nature, she fueled wholly of spirit. Ellabay blossomed into a well-rounded, adaptable creature, whom began to train other well-rounded, adaptable creatures able to retain their family history, nurture individual elephant members and direct them towards strengths and talents. Her beautiful heart he found such endurance that which to-stay sustainable within. It taught him one of the greatest teaching moments in his own life.

~My day rambling.
Lifted from dream.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 17th, 2011, 6:06 am

morning maniac music Les Paul at 91

I learned something about male elephants the other day. They are not solitary according to an article in The National Geographic. The bulls make friends and best friends with each other too. Except when one is in musth.

I can not find a picture of her. Every once in a while I will still dream of her, and I awake with her scent in the room.

The elephant avatar is not her. It is Bombay who was not the matriarch.
The elephant I dream of is Delhi, the matriarch, I know this sounds sick, but when she wrapped her trunk around my waist and brought me to her in a hug and then she would take my hand and put it in her mouth, I felt the fire down below. I suppose I am a pervert, but I do draw the line at mammals. A man has to have some standards, I could never feel that way about a reptile
But you know there are some truckers who would fuk a snake if you held its head. :P

whoa
where did that come from :o that was trashy trucker talkk sorry dame

Speaking of lions, and tigers and bears
and the fear of giant
pussy cats

I will never forget the smell of tiger scat. If you can imagine the smell of a thousand dirty kitty litter boxes that would be about it.

I mean I was scared of them cats.
And so was Joyce
Of all my elephants
she was the only one I was truly afraid of.
They all had such beautiful brown eyes except for Joyce
Her eyes were blood shot and bug eyed with fear.
part of her act was having a male lion ride on her back.
everyone warned me about her she had killed one of her grooms

that is my fear ramble for the morning
thanks for writing
for giving me an opening to write about my beloved four footed giant gray friends.
Old female elephants are lion-fighting geniuses

— If you're ever being attacked by a lion, find a herd of elephants as quickly as you can...but if they're not led by an older female, you're dead meat. It's more remarkable evidence of elephants' ability to learn and cooperate.

http://io9.com/#!5783722/old-female-ele ... g-geniuses
"Younger matriarchs didn't seem as bothered by male lions as they should have been. We think its because they hadn't had sufficient exposure to that threat; lions don't [attack elephants] that often."
ibid
Last edited by stilltrucking on June 18th, 2011, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 18th, 2011, 2:23 am

Sorry for the trashy reply above dame
Delhi, I pray for your safe journey; unencumbered, light-footed and protected.
I pray for your safe journey to where your spirit needs to go.
Namaste our dearest Delhi.
I would pray the same prayer for Delhi and her sisters.
I have only dreamed of her once that I remember. I wonder if she passed through my dream on her spirit journey.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 24th, 2011, 3:20 pm

I'm sorry for the late reply
I wanted to reply to this.

Thanks for telling me about her Jack
and is there no picture of her left to you?
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 24th, 2011, 4:48 pm

I found a picture of her. she is the lead elephant and Delhi is next, then Joyce. According to what i have found out on the net she died in 1994. I worked for the Hawthorne Circus in 1974 before he started abusing them. :(
For the first time since elephants began entertaining people at American circuses more than 200 years ago, the federal government has removed a herd of circus animals from an owner accused of mistreating and mishandling his animals.

Under a consent decree that took effect this week between the U.S. Agriculture Department and John F. Cuneo Jr. and his Hawthorn Corp., 16 circus elephants will be removed from its Illinois facilities by August and sent to other homes. The company also agreed to pay a $200,000 fine.

Elephant Abuser Admits Guilt, Relinquishes Animals

Washington – Just as PETA was scheduled to testify against the Hawthorn Corporation and its president, John Cuneo, in a federal Administrative Court, Cuneo admitted guilt in 19 violations of the federal Animal Welfare Act to settle the charges. Cuneo has been ordered to relinquish custody of 16 elephants to USDA-approved facilities, as well as pay a $200,000 fine, according to a March 12, 2004, consent decision. In April 2003, the USDA filed charges against Hawthorn that included using physical abuse to train, handle, and work an elephant; causing physical harm and discomfort; failing to provide veterinary care to an emaciated elephant, an elephant suffering from severe chemical burns and a bacterial infection, and several elephants with potentially deadly foot problems; and unsafe public contact. PETA had provided evidence to the USDA that was to be used in the court proceedings and has fought Cuneo’s abusive practices for more than a decade.

Full story:

http://www.peta.org/news/NewsItem.asp?id=4072
Attachments
bombay.jpg

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”