Looking for a sturdy mattress

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 21st, 2010, 10:30 pm

I see from my last post I was supposed to get back to ya here and I just blew the banjo solo on that. God bless it.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 22nd, 2010, 7:55 am

I'm sorry too, I didn't reply. It was just one of those things I didn't want to picture you without a second jeep, cause then I'd have a tougher time imagining I was greeting you daily on the sidewalk. :P
Bless us all and our little stuffs.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 23rd, 2010, 8:14 am

Tell him I stepped out for a southern and cranberry, then tell him I looked good and too bad I'm going.

Doll, you'll leave a note, I'm sure.

No, not this time.

Where will you go?

What's the fun in knowing that. A girl like me with the gut for adventure, and a mind built to it. Funny I don't get out much.
I'm not scared, Monk, just curious. I didn't cut all my hair off.

Watch out for wolves.

Wolves? Sounds delightful. I've a big appetite to fill.

Don't stir it up too much, keep a lady's figure, you know. You forget what we're after. But, I get it. That's why I'm friends with the local butcher. Hungry.

Monk, I've got my own interests. Maybe it'll get me fat or maybe vibrant. What's a gal to eat, what to travel on and that sort of thing.

A little M&M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVqzyX554I

Been watching Bogey and Becall this AM too.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 24th, 2010, 12:46 pm

Where did you get this dialogue? I get a kick out of the lingo in the old movies and how they put it all together. Punchy and loaded it was every word. That's what this sounds like. And I could watch Bogey with or without Bacall all day (but better with Bacall) 8)

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 25th, 2010, 8:05 am

I just got into the scene and wrote it up thinking about how Jack left and my normal disorderly motions go a walking. My friends don't stick around or some sort of thought process and then it was wolves on the grill.

It's good to have you here to talk over mixed drinks with mingo, I've only a few friends and you're one I look to smile with. Thanks for sticking it out with me. I'd buy ya a whiskey or a coffee, what's your flavor?

Anyway, basically I'd just done a little role reversal. This is the real story~

Tell her I stepped out for a whiskey sour, then tell her I looked good and too bad I'm going.

Jack, you'll leave a note, I'm sure.

No, not this time.

Where will you go?

What's the fun in knowing that. A guy like me with the gut for adventure, and a mind built to it. Funny I don't get out much.
I'm not scared, Monk, just curious. I didn't shave either.

Watch out for wolves.

Wolves? Sounds enticing. I've a big appetite to fill.

Don't stir it up too much, keep a nice physique, you know. You forget what they're after. But, I get it. That's why I'm friends with the local butcher. Hungry.

Monk, I've got my own interests. Maybe it'll get me fat or maybe appealing. What's a guy to eat, what to travel on and that sort of thing.
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » March 26th, 2010, 9:12 am

Jack's gone you say? Really? How long as this been goin' on? As in Poof Nada a long gone daddy in the USA? When did this happen? And why?

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 26th, 2010, 5:08 pm

I don't know, and I might be making assumptions, it could be just his indifference to me, and actually that seems more likely.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 26th, 2010, 11:59 pm

I am still here but peevette is missing long time
The last I remember seeing her was when her son was on his way to Afghanistan with the marines. Hoping all is well with her.

Sorry dame I have not been well.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 27th, 2010, 12:31 am

I'm glad you're here Jack
wish you were feeling well and hopes you'll heal up quick
it's somehow lonely... reading articles without your perspective or clever lead on the topics or sumpin'. I don't know how to spell it.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 27th, 2010, 3:45 pm

Forgot to add this tune here...
Love the one your with

and

Paperback Writer

and

Octopus Garden
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 14th, 2010, 12:22 am

Finally found this movie Jack showed...
Life is Beautiful

and

Sad Eyed Lady
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 15th, 2010, 12:57 pm

~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 6th, 2010, 7:20 pm

~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 7th, 2010, 1:27 am

Listen to Hester sing Bye Bye Black Bird
http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... ester+sing

I love this song so much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQW9Y9frows

I want to live another five years. Just five more years, I would like to see that baby grow up.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 7th, 2010, 7:06 am

Cause I'm all sorts of broken, and terribly bent, it's only bruises to me and it's ok when it happens.

Thanks for those. Sorry I'm so quiet, I just need to lay here.
I need to paper up and glue together my world. Found this, it's a ya know...it fits.

Sawdust and Diamonds
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”