Looking for a sturdy mattress

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 7th, 2010, 7:11 am

Kitty Daisy & Lewis :D

thank you

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 7th, 2010, 7:48 am

u too
and for Joanna
better than liquor.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 7th, 2010, 8:07 pm

`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 1st, 2010, 10:18 pm

~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 2nd, 2010, 9:07 am

Just finished watching Oily one and two and little girls

That Ys poem is beautiful, so eerie to me, so female, so loving and cruel*, so trusting and wise. uncanny and canny
all that is woman to me

Little Girls
yes thank heaven for little girls.
I can see a solution to suffering
when little girs grow up to be big girls who don't have babies.
Weird, thinking such buddhist and catholic thoughts about girls.

don't mean nothing dame
I am stoned
I sit here and type just to burn calories, my new diet is roaring along again after how many months lost, February when I had that pig out at the chinese restaurant with my baby sister. Baby due in december, she chatting with the mother to be all day. I got my fingers crossed and knocking on my wooden head.
Last edited by stilltrucking on June 2nd, 2010, 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 2nd, 2010, 9:09 am

*the use of the word cruel above
maybe "honest" a better word choice

"not cruel but honest" Plath from memory.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 3rd, 2010, 6:49 am

December being a good month for birth, Jack. The stars are not opposed to this, they will shine little lights on December babies, for such an interesting child. Or at least I'm quite taken in with Sagittarians.

Little girls, little curls and small tempers bursting forward with small dramas.

Raising sons so much easier than daughters. Daughters are like trying to raise wild wolves; I just heard last week.

Just to get them growed up, and then see what has become of them.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 3rd, 2010, 7:39 am

...what big eyes you have!" "All the better to see with, my child."

Image Source
http://www.utexas.edu/courses/ancientfi ... /index.php

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 6th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Jack and Diane

Thinking of you...
no idea where that will lead, but for now, thought I'd go here.

What big teeth you've got,
the better to grin at me through the trees.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 6th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Night Moves

Something so cool about
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 18th, 2010, 10:32 pm

I'm relieved and feel good that there's this a place for us
a place free of rigid, tiring and boring men. All the yaps can't come in, and no place here for those scared of the jabberwocky.

A happy place to me, where I can feel like a woman, an artist or writer surrounded by other artists, talents and writers in our little studios having our chats about what's in our beds and who likes heads, who likes tales, and what's on the other side without being afraid to look-see.

All the famous people here already, I see Henry, Tom, Bob, Janis, and Anais at the red carpet down Doreen's road, and it's good company. Sing us more, gonna go on all week-end, like a mini wood-fest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emuVLVyl ... re=related
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 14th, 2010, 10:46 pm

All the stuff I'm giving you that's broken already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rENnKEC ... re=related
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 16th, 2010, 9:11 pm

Speaking of happy
sleep is such a pleasure for me these nights
eight PM and still light here
thinking about how much I am looking forward to my new mattress.
i have had it about a week now. Twice as thick as my old one. I can hardly feel the princess's pea.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 17th, 2010, 8:53 am

Oh! wait, you're right. Dolly said, "If you dream of the girl, then she'll dream of you." Remember last night when your sister met me, and she wasn't impressed cause I was just another girl. I saw how tall she was standing next to us and she said to me, "Do you think I'm a girl or a guy?" And I told her I was just fascinated with her height, how she towered over us two.

Then you asked her to let me read the letter she'd written out about me and all other girls. I read all about my brown hair, my plain clothes that I've always wore and my lack of vavoom, and then she'd written about my big brown eyes, and I couldn't stop myself from having a fit...

I confronted her and said, "My eyes are not brown! they are blue! I have big blue eyes, and just look for yourself..."But she said they were still brown. I tilted my head back so my eyes lit under the sunlight better and said, "See!" She said they were brown.

Then I said, "Jack! Tell her I have blue eyes!"

And you laughed at the whole situation. There I was going on and on about to her of teleportation, and time travel, and how I can slip in beside you when you sleep at night even when I'm a billion miles away, but I could not get passed wanting her to know of my blue eyes.

And, you could just laugh, then I laughed, I don't think though that she ever laughed about my tempers.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » July 17th, 2010, 9:14 am

Umm, I forgot to tell you the beginning of it first, but I'd only just recollected it. You and I were walking up the town street and I could see a carnival up ahead. I wanted to go to it and I was saying to you that it was up the road. But, you said we could get to it easy by going through your sister's house.

Her house was a small town church, a light green with a little cemetery plot in the side yard. I tried to argue with you about going through her house, instead of up the road. You insisted though, plus your sister was already on the porch watching us decide.

I don't know why I'd had such resistance, or why she gave me such a cold shoulder as if she were ignoring me. It was like she'd had preconceived ideas on me and I had preconceived ideas of her preconceived idea. Therefore her and I came face to face with our female ways.
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”