Looking for a sturdy mattress

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

SadLuckDame

Re: Looking for a sturdy mattress

Post by SadLuckDame » March 30th, 2012, 7:46 am

I don't know Jack. I guess my daddy tried to tell me about men, he said, "You better bring one home that is like me." But, I didn't and he thought he had failed, honestly was disappointed with my last choice. Ha...
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 31st, 2012, 2:06 pm

It is an awful song. Don’t know why I posted it sorry.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 31st, 2012, 2:31 pm

It was a terrible song, yes :P
But, I didn't mind. There used to be a day way back when and when I would of said, "Oh crap, Jack. Did you see the lyrics on that there song?" And my eyes would of buggered out of my head. But, not now, not after some of what I've been exposed to in literature. :P
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 2nd, 2012, 10:51 am

I saw the lyrics yes, but the bit that really hit home was the line

"try not to beat her too much" he is a racist and sexist, he also has a song called nigger which I take at face value not looking for a subtext. it is what it is.

no one else I could have posted that to, it came after I had a disturbing dream the night before I stumbled onto that song. Somehow the dream and the song linked together.

Read an interesting link the other day, the bit that really struck me was this
The Four Supreme Efforts for the mind are (1) not to let an unwholesome thought arise which has not yet arisen, (2) not to let an unwholesome thought continue which has already arisen, (3) to make a wholesome thought arise which has not yet arisen, (4) to make a wholesome thought continue which has already arisen.

what love is
Thinking about Hamlet what dreams may come...
Thinking about a movie called The Forbidden Planet
thinking about Monsters from the Id.
thinking about what unwholesome thoughts arise in my dreams, are they unwholesome or merely (sp?) threatening, frightning, thoughts from the subconscious.

One thing being a wake and another dreaming
I guess I am always doing both
Freud was fascinated or maybe it is i who am fascinated by the not quite conscious thoughts that linger just over the horizon of my consciouness, I am aware of them vaguely (sp) but quell them from language, I do not let them filter through into language, "the watcher at the gate" veils them, they remain dark, amorphous, mysterious, like being struck mute when I try to express them. I think Henry Miller had no problem with "unwholesome thoughts"
The david allen coe did not bring forth any wholesome thoughts, but it is interesting to me that he had that bit in there about beating women.

Oh well here is a wholesome song I think

I'm going to spell check this later.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 16th, 2012, 7:47 am

I found this for you, at times I think we're the two in a duel and with swords, sex or violins. This is the story between us in there somewhere, we just put in dialog, scenery and whatever triggers our trigger during the moment, but there's always that story between us.

~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 8th, 2012, 7:24 am

~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 10th, 2012, 7:15 am

This is for you Jack.
I didn't reply to your reply and now you're gone. But I still wanna tell ya you put a spell on me. :P

~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 10th, 2012, 9:45 am

Yes you have, and I miss you when you are gone.

RE: deleted post.
I used to think she was a spoiled child, but now I think it is because she is a princess

I took it down because it seemed too personal, so I changed it

spoiled daughter
In her guilt for having to dispose of the father of her daughter, to protect her daughter's innocence, she wound up spoiling her to compensate for the death of her father.

her mother herself
she ain't heavy
just dense
Attachments
275px-Edmund_Dulac_-_Princess_and_pea.jpg
275px-Edmund_Dulac_-_Princess_and_pea.jpg (38.04 KiB) Viewed 515 times

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 10th, 2012, 11:52 am

Ha! that's me in the bed (and the little one said, "Roll over, roll over.")
They all rolled over and one fell out.
ppp

Thank you, Jack.
Makes me happy.

I was not spoiled, my parents were completely against it with me, but because I'm so particular than I had a lot of fights on my hands. :P
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 10th, 2012, 8:42 pm

How do you tell a story about a family and protect the innocent?
Attachments
ellen.jpg

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 12th, 2012, 11:51 pm

I don't know that I'm very good at that, Jack.
I worry about what information I do say and ya know.
But, I guess I just get comfortable here talking to you and I'd listen to however you say a thing. I'd just listen in and try to picture it all coming together to partially make you up.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 13th, 2012, 9:43 am

Oh we don't know what's coming tomorrow
Maybe it's trouble and sorrow
But we'll travel the road sharing our load
Side by side
a fellow like me lucky to have a pen pal like you.

I will let you know as I make it up

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 13th, 2012, 10:12 am

You're a helpmate every day just by accepting me.
I am luckier than you, because I have someone like you interacting with someone like me and the back and forth and Oh man!
Good stuff. :P
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 13th, 2012, 10:35 am

yeah it's pretty sexy alright :P
teamsters used to call them sweatheart contracts.
a real pain in the ass

no seriously I just don't know how to act to that.
act, no it is not even an act
"a flaterer is worse than a murderer" Good old I. B Singer, I am haunted by the stories he told.

so anyway
as we was saying
before I had thoughts about my intentions again
again
sublimnation again, silent woman could not get her mind around that.
concept of sublimation
spelling don't you hate it when your spontaneous flow gets diverted by the demon spell checker

sublimation something like that freudian stuff, everything eros but the after world war one maybe it was the horrors of modern warfare or the drugs maybe the cancer, whatever, his vision got darker, he started writing about another drive/instinct of humans being human, something beyond the pleasure principle, some call it a death instinct, maybe just callit an "unlife" instinct, Nietzsche admired Jesus as a man, his courage.

So here we come back to Camus again
god bless his memory
We all moo for Camus

sometimes I feel like an ignorant child, nobody ever read me children's nonsense stories, no dr seuss. Just the Sunday Comic Strips.

so it goes
like the bear in Pogo who could write but not read.
So we make it up as it goes

oh yeah I almost forgot the :P

there is another version of that song

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » May 13th, 2012, 10:54 am

I know, he got a lot darker on me and I tried to pull him back into his lights, delights and bring it back around the circle, but he'd not allow it, not never allow it again. I guess I'm not equipped rightly, not in his sights to help lift those demons up out of smiting his atmosphere. I can't do it though I've wanted to be there for it and put my spirit there, thinking just the side-by-side with my spirit could battle such demon's tricks, but I guess my spirit isn't influential enough.
I lack and all it does is show me I had ego and that really I just lack.
I didn't want to know that my spirit wasn't going to be able to stand side-by-side and be enough.

Anyway, I'm glad you accept my inadequacy.
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”