I'm hungry, let's eat!

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

SadLuckDame

I'm hungry, let's eat!

Post by SadLuckDame » September 5th, 2010, 8:51 pm

This is gonna be my food corner or diary addition.

Because I'm lactose and gluten intolerant, including an egg allergy, I feel like I'm starved all the time. Not cause I don't eat plenty, but I can't eat whatever is in front of me or at restaurants, nor fast food or work events or at friend's houses. It gets beyond infuriating me, since it seems to have nearly ruined my happy life with food. :P

So, I'll keep a few food entries here of new things I've tried and tested or what's for dinner, etc. Tonight's dish is organic Brussels sprouts.

This is what's on menu for tomorrow.
I've never made it before, but I just bought all the ingredients and can't wait to try it. I'll let you know.

http://www.yumuniverse.com/2009/11/30/r ... ice-cream/
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Re: I'm hungry, let's eat!

Post by still.trucking » September 7th, 2010, 1:05 pm

Looking forward to this one

Three Cheese Chicken Lean Gourmet three hundred calories
lunch
rained all over my moving day
up since four am
lunch time
yum

I moved a post from here,
moved it to the razz-berries thread
a spider widow haiku
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 7th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Makes me want Bar-B-Que chicken, fire away the grill.

I can't find chicken made by one of the farms that take good care of the chickens. So far only beef. I miss chicken. I'm so paranoid.
I kind of got it stuck in my head that all this food poisoning is what created my allergy, fatigue, head-aches and all that ailed me.

What can we make tonight, what's a good eat together meal for two?
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 8th, 2010, 6:58 am

Organic brown rice, organic brown rice syrup and honey with lactaid milk and organic sugar. I do actually dream about my body healing, getting stronger and maybe I can be a lucid dreamer, find out how to heal myself when sleeping.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » September 8th, 2010, 5:00 pm

I got your message.

Lucid dreaming, I don't know much about it. I think I have tried it but I don't remember what the results were. One time I tried to dream about Crazy Mike my father. Best dream I had about him was a few years ago.

I am just trying to loose some weight. I saw an ad that say I can loose weight while I am sleeping. I might try that.

You seem okay to me Dame. But that may not be a good thing. I mean coming from Crazy Jack son of Crazy mike.

I was going to put this in a PM but I such an exhibitionist. Doing my existential strip tease for you.

I had a dream about a friend from Wales, England. This was around 1963-64. About maybe ten years ago I dreamed I flew to England looking for him. Then later I could not remember if it was a dream or if I had really flown there. Then I had the dream again a few years ago and it was pretty real again. But later, maybe months later I realized it had to have been a dream.

I got a feeling that dream about going to Israel looking for my great grandfather is going to be one of those dreams too. I had a strong sense of danger towards the end of the dream.

Life is good
Still summertime
and peaches 79 cents a #
got a cantaloupe for a dollar

Dinner going to be ...?
Man I could go for a salad I think.

Bone apatighty amiga
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 9th, 2010, 2:14 pm

Partly Cloudy
Looking at that one again today

I am pretty hungry
I found a recipe while I was googling "rose petal thighs" to see how much of a cliche that was, I got sixty six thousand hits.

This was the most interesting
Chicken Salad - Chicken Salad Recipe Total cook time: 20 mins

To make a Vegetarian version of this salad, go to: Vegetarian Rose Petal Salad. ... Top with the last of the rose petals, add a star fruit slice, ...
thaifood.about.com/od/thaisnacks/r/rosepetalsalad.htm - Cached - Similar

Partly Cloudy
Glad I saved that one
Sounds good,

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 9th, 2010, 8:49 pm

That does sound good and the vegetarian works out since one of us is vegetarian. I've been so sleepy, trying to adjust to schedule, might take some time. I don't want to neglect our conversations, cause then I might not feel very real at all, I'd join the zombies.

So I just wanted to tell you all day...
You're a battle in my arms and I am more alive cause of it, cause of catfish, cause of magic.

Tonight's recipe was just vegetarian vegetable soup.
I needed that warm comfort food.

Last night's was a roast. I'd put it in at 6 a.m. in the crock pot, it was cooked by 5 or 6, the good meat, too. Those were meadow cows, think green. I thought it would make a great dinner for two.

Gonna try to hit lucidity tonight, going to sleep early, want to have time to set the stage, turn on the lights and play composer to that world. More and more I find while I'm dreaming thinking about how I know that I'm dreaming, that awareness. If that awareness is there, then I should be able to start arranging it to my satisfaction, or health or happiness or as I think I can already do...transport, etc.

Gotta love a magical life.

Maybe see you there,
maybe go see if you're in England, Japan or at the farmer's market.
See if you battle.

Thanks for eating with me, Jack. Tastes good.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 10th, 2010, 8:14 am

Been good writting with you dame

Bon Appétit

Stuff I found to read that I like so far this week
I could not list them all but here is a couple

Erosion killer poem about her grandfather

the squirrels another poem about grandfather.

deviations
it is what it is, what is it about explainations and the hu man nervous system?
Beats me but she is a hell of a good writer. She makes me happy to be alive to see such wonders and you and her and Isabella Rose.

If I think of any music that might help your sleep I will tell you right now all I can think of is lyrics.

".......

Geez I am no help at all, I can't even think of any lyrics.

I think I worked off some karma with my father in a dream.

So mysterious to me Dame
I would rather tell you nothing
than tell you wrong.

St Jack would say
"there's only one way
your way" from geezer memory
Check out Glorious Amok's signature line.

I been playing free rice today and looking at my ravaged bookshelves.

Packing and moving
do me a favor will ya?
talk me out of it :)
Attachments
mingo_banner1.jpg

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 10th, 2010, 11:50 am

You should only go anywhere when you got this good feeling about it or they pay you.

I'll bees back.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 10th, 2010, 10:11 pm

I got a bad feeling about it dame
but I am going anyway
Because I have to
Because of Isabella Rose
Who do I think I am
Mr. Big Star.
but I got to give her my best shot.

Going to miss my little shack by the railroad tracks
I try to think of what it will be like without my own kitchen and oven, my own little sink where I can leave my grooming items out.
The sweet solitude.
Hoping Isabella Rose will make me forget about all that

Are you back yet.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 11th, 2010, 1:17 am

I was telling him I like the color of his steering wheel,
sings of the soda pop bars and better days, but they're better because we tend to linger more on the positive feel good feeling good memories than we do of what went wrong. Maybees, because things go wrong no matter what the date is.

In ten to twenty years, there will be good memories to transport us to now, being in 2010 and an influx in communication to whoever it is we went to be talking.

I was gonna tell you more about dreams, always they've been intense, for a period of time they were on the End of the World and I'd wake up from it startled, but also sick to my stomach. Then in my twenties, I dreamt of a lot of different angels. Mostly they wanted me to write things down, like directions and stuffs. And now in my thirties it's more enjoyment of breaking boundaries by use of the lucid world. In my forties I might know more what I'm doing there, how to maneuver within. We will see.

It's a good sleep day. Sleep well you and Isabella Rose, sleep and think of health, think of blue cats and centered cards, of little rock and rollers, riding trains and being a big star.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » September 19th, 2010, 10:15 am

I'll be dead in ten or twenty years
I don't mind

I got two pint of blueberries

I feel a new sock puppet coming on
to replace Diesel Dike
that old boy needs to retire.

I been thinking of killing him off
but he is twice the man I am

going to be a good day
baby sister coming over with her husband's truck
moving furniture

first thing I got to do is put the blueberries in her hand

New sock puppet going to be

"big sister" after diamond lil
oldest brothers wife

I hope you got lots of good things to eat today

Listening to this about eight times so far today
http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... =8&t=18997

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 19th, 2010, 10:31 am

I was going to post about it last night, but I put it off.
Made the ice-cream last night, but it sort of flopped...still edible I s'pose.
What happened was the coconuts. The first young coconut went great, poured it in the bowl, all the juice, then the meat. But, my son cracked open the second young coconut and it started leaking. I quickly held it over the bowl to pour in the juice, then cut the rest of the top off, only to notice it was purple meat!

I googled purple coconut meat and first links said it was rotten. So, I poured out all the coconut juice from both and only salvaged the meat from the first coconut. Later found out it might not be rotten when purple, it might just not be ripe? People do eat the purple, I guess.

Anyway, so the ice-cream didn't mix up creamy, only sort of frozen slush. Still tastes pretty good, just not mixed good.

I hope you just keep the diesel and just make a new puppet girl, can't you have both?

I remember having only a box full of stuff and whatever furniture I got, I'd grab up that day from friends or yard sale or salvation army. lol, now I'm boogled down on new furniture I've purchased the past ten years, it takes a Uhaul or couple truck loads...sigh...it was much easier when it was just a box.

I'd bring ya by a house warming plant if I could or candles.
Will you be painting, too?
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 19th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Made this today...
http://www.yumuniverse.com/2010/03/27/g ... e-lasagna/
It's in the oven for 45 mins.
Wanna eat?

I didn't have the ingredients for the ricotta, so I substituted it for mozz veggie cheese. I had this gigantic zucchini and it was a pain to cut into thin slices to resemble lasagna noodles, but voila, I managed. Organic ingredients and I'm hoping it tastes great. I'll let ya know.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 19th, 2010, 3:33 pm

That is beautiful
Watch out
Napoleon's army might be marching towards your kitchen — on their stomachs — at this very moment.

I am going to miss the Handy Andy market four blocks from my door. Such bargains they have on fruits and vegetables.

I could not believe it fresh blueberries seventy nine cents a package :D
I only bought three pints. Going to get some more, bake a pie.

Going to miss my oven too.

Got a recipe for gluten free non dairy pie crusts.
Attachments
Gluten_Free_Dairy_Free_Vegetable_Lasagna_Main2.jpg
Gluten_Free_Dairy_Free_Vegetable_Lasagna_Main2.jpg (271.89 KiB) Viewed 3603 times

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”