I'm hungry, let's eat!

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

SadLuckDame

Re: I'm hungry, let's eat!

Post by SadLuckDame » August 23rd, 2012, 1:48 pm

Jack, from all of my heart, thank you for that.
It created a whole lot of whole lot within me. It made rivers.
I watched that whole video, too.
I'm like the water.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 24th, 2012, 5:47 pm

the fundamental loneliness of Leonard Cohen
without the music
the poetry
a dark woods
waiting for the light to shine on me

self pity is a bitch
I am deep into depression
jack feels like no fun

except for this record of it on studio eight it keeps me going

the worse thing is my conversations with my homeboy
if i could shake this long enough to get over and see him I know it would help
he is such a realist.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 25th, 2012, 12:05 am

Don't be sad for long, Jack.
Think of all the power just in that if we get a handle on perception and make that crocodile smile. Tick tock tick tock. Wonder what Peter Pan would do, is what I'm thinking now.

He caught wind of Wendy and he was educating her on the powers of perceptions, I think.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 25th, 2012, 12:17 am

you know we all got our crosses, I have heard, it is a bummer to be sad, even worse to feel sorry for oneself because one feels bad about feeling bad.

it is a circular song, was that a song, a very circular song no? maybe but even so it helps to talk about, cause then I hear it out loud sort of. This is all new to me dame, this is as old as I ever been I think. Or as far as I can remember. I saw myself fifty pounds lighter today. I felt so good about that, going to try and keep it in mind.

pisses me off I lost that gig as senor jack because I let myself go so bad I could not stand the heat of high noon on Alamo Plaza. I could have been a star :)

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 25th, 2012, 12:26 am

It's hard to maintain perception, such a sneaky creature. I struggle with it a lot. But, I try mostly to keep in mind what I have in mind and not somebody else's, unless I want that, too.

Watching that fruit of the spirit makes me hungry and I like that, then I try to keep it, only it gets away, then I catch it again. If I were always to have it, maybe I wouldn't so much want it.

I see you, I see you behind the wheel of a car playing with the knobs on the radio to find a good station. I see you and then I see me. :P
Keep it up, Jack.
Driving fine.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 25th, 2012, 12:42 am

I am hungry lets laugh this is cracking me up but I will have to explain it.
Alien: "My god... We must find this solar system and its godly music! Quick! Activate the Improbablitiy Drive!"
*warps to earth, cloaked hovering above a Justin Beiber Concert*
Alien: "MY EAR-EQUILAVENTS!!!"
Wilhiemthe2nd in reply to XsyconX38 (Show the comment) 5 days ago 8
In 1977 NASA sent a satellite in space called the Voyager. Its mission was to go into deep space beyond the solar system. There was a recording on of a song by Blind Willie Johnson called Dark is The Night.

The above was a snarky reply that I liked a lot. I actually giggled when I read it. Do real men giggle I wonder :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7QhHqJcRqM&feature=plcp

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » January 3rd, 2013, 12:26 pm

I think I am going to make up a sign that says "Will giggle for cabbage soup"

forty three degrees and drizzle, and nothing to eat but p nut butler and jelly sandwiches.

I am fighting the urge to go out in the real world on a hunting and gathering expedition to the local piggly wiggly supermarket for something else to eat. Not there is anything wrong with p and b sandwiches .

The real world, outside this room. I got a Kafkaesque scene going here. I think I am going to buy some new clothes, or maybe new used clothes, nothing cheers a body more than warm clothes or a cold damp day in February.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » February 2nd, 2013, 2:35 pm

no doubt I am a winter Texan
seventy two degrees and sunshine on a February Saturday afternoon
a nice day to buy a toaster

I can't live without toasted bagels
it wears a body down all that cream cheese
but everything is fine cause I been eating a lot of bananas

organic bananas are so sweet
I been smoking the peels too :wink:
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 2nd, 2013, 3:20 pm

Oh Oh Oh! I have missed opportunities here, I just don't know how it happens. I do a lot of laughing and answering in my head and not enough of putting it in writing back to you. I don't know why. It's almost like I come in and read it and say, "Umm, what happened to my reply... cause I thought and said (inside) such a such a thing... where did it go, why didn't it went..." Yep, that's me, stuck like a sea shell laying there with waves warming up over tops of me.

Reading The Old Man and the Sea. He ate what it was he pulled out of the waters and as I'm reading I keep waiting and looking to references as to how he's cooking them up on his little skimmer, but

nope, it's not to be found, it's not there cause he is eating all that flying fish, dolphin raw!
Yep, it's raw. Just like it's a big letter R.

Neat stuff.
I can't do it, but neat!

Jack, my toaster broke a while ago. It was a good cheap toaster while it lasted. It toasted up a lot of tapioca bread. Sometimes I feel like a wild creature out there eating things people rarely hear of and it's solid! it's a solid bread, very tough and not cardboard, but cardboard and I live for it because it's food for me out in the wilds

out on the lands I'm walking in.

I like bananas too, even at sixty-nine cents a pound.
Eating them practically each morning, either that or oranges at three dollars and ninety-nine cents a small bag.

Also in my mornings there is the oatmeal or the yogurt, my non-milk yogurt is so good to me. Just stocked up on it. It's a luxury and I got it two for.

I get lost like a gone girl in the real world outside out there out of the water.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 3rd, 2013, 2:40 am

For people who need to eliminate gluten from their diet, baking becomes a challenge. Beginners often find gluten-free baked goods too dense. Even the Recipes for Health columnist Martha Rose Shulman didn’t like the flavor of a commercial gluten-free flour mix, which left her gluten-free cookies and tart-shells with a strong taste of bean flour. As a result, she created her own gluten-free mix for baking muffins. She writes:
My son Liam still doesn’t know that the muffins he has been devouring all week are gluten-free.
I put together my own gluten-free flour mix, one without bean flour, and turned to America’s favorite Gluten-Free Girl, Shauna James Ahem, for guidance. I was already thinking about making muffins, and I wanted a mix that could replace the whole wheat flour I usually use in conjunction with other grains or flours. Her formula for a whole-grain flour mix is simple – 70 percent ground gluten-free grain like rice flour, millet flour, buckwheat flour or teff (the list on her site is a long one) and 30 percent starch like potato starch, cornstarch or arrowroot.
For this week’s recipes, I used what I had, which was brown rice flour, potato starch and cornstarch – 20 percent potato starch and 10 percent cornstarch — and that’s the basis for the nutritional analyses of this week’s recipes. I used this mix in conjunction with a gluten-free meal or flour, so the amount of pure starch in the batters is much less than 30 percent.
When you bake anything it is much simpler and results are more consistent if you use grams and scale your ingredients. This is especially true with gluten-free baking, since you are working with grain and starch formulas. Digital scales are not expensive and I urge you to switch over to this method if you like to bake. I have given approximate cup measures so the recipes will work both ways, but scaling is more accurate.
Here are five ways to bake gluten-free muffins:

Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Muffins: These dark chocolate muffins taste more extravagant than they are.

Gluten-Free Cornmeal, Fig and Orange Muffins: A sweet and grainy cornmeal mixture makes for a delicious muffin.

Gluten-Free Whole Grain Cheese and Mustard Muffins: A savory muffin with a delicious strong flavor.

Gluten-Free Buckwheat, Poppy Seed and Blueberry Muffins:The buckwheat flour is high-fiber and makes a dark, richly-flavored muffin.

Gluten-Free Cornmeal Molasses Muffins: Strong molasses provides a good source of iron in an easy-to-make muffin.

Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Muffins
These dark chocolate muffins taste more extravagant than they are. Cacao – raw chocolate -- is considered by many to be a “super food.” It is high in antioxidants and an excellent source of magnesium, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc, and copper. It is also a good source of omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin C.
75 grams (approximately 1/2 cup) buckwheat flour
75 grams (approximately 3/4 cup) almond powder (also known as almond flour)
140 grams (approximately 1 cup) whole grain or all-purpose gluten-free flour mix*
32 grams (approximately 6 tablespoons) dark cocoa powder
10 grams (2 teaspoons) baking powder
5 grams (1 teaspoon) baking soda
3.5 grams (rounded 1/2 teaspoon) salt
100 grams (approximately 1/2 cup) raw brown sugar or packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
75 grams (1/3 cup) canola or grape seed oil
120 grams (1/2 cup) plain low-fat yogurt or buttermilk
5 grams (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
330 grams ripe bananas (peeled weight), about 3 medium, mashed (1 1/4 cups)
115 grams (about 2/3 cup) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped bittersweet chocolate
*For the gluten-free flour mix I used 98 grams (about 2/3 cup) rice flour and 42 grams -- about 1/3 cup -- of a mix of cornstarch and potato starch)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil or butter muffin tins. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Pour in any bits that remain in the sifter.
2. In another large bowl or in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whip attachment beat together the oil and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs and beat until incorporated, then beat in the yogurt or buttermilk, the vanilla and the mashed bananas. Add the dry ingredients and mix at low speed or whisk gently until combined. If using a mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, fill muffin cups to the top. Place in the oven and bake 30 minutes, until a muffin springs back lightly when touched. Remove from the heat and if the muffins come out of the tins easily, remove from the tins and place on a rack. I like these best served warm, but if they don’t release easily allow them to cool, then remove from the tins.
Yield: 16 muffins (1/3 cup capacity)
Advance preparation: These keep for a couple of days out of the refrigerator, for a few more days in the refrigerator, and for a few months in the freezer.
Nutritional information per serving: 217 calories; 10 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 24 milligrams cholesterol; 29 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 251 milligrams sodium; 4 grams protein
Martha Rose Shulman is the author of “The Very Best of Recipes for Health.”

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/0 ... n-recipes/

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 3rd, 2013, 10:05 am

Jack, you'll help fatten me up with goodness and now I wish I could bake.
I really like buckwheat gluten free stuffs. I buy the waffles made with that and corn bread is wonderful. I must have four bags of corn bread flour, but didn't know how to bake with it.
This might help me make use of those.

I was so hungry after reading that I made some waffles. Yum!
Thank you, you.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 1st, 2013, 7:22 am

The Story of the Human Body

Evolution, Health, and Disease

How Our Stone Age Bodies Struggle To Stay Healthy In Modern Times

If you got sick, you probably wouldn't go to an evolutionary biologist to get treated. But Daniel Lieberman, professor of evolutionary biology at Harvard University, says that his field can help you understand why you got sick, and make you more aware of healthy and harmful behaviors.

He joins Fresh Air's Terry Gross to talk about some of the noninfectious diseases that may result from our Paleolithic bodies not being well-adapted to modern conditions.

In his new book, The Story of the Human Body: Evolution, Health and Disease, Lieberman traces these troubles back to their origins...

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/30/227777434 ... dern-times

Listen to the story

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 27th, 2014, 3:37 pm

840 calories yesterday
been about ten days now my studio eight diet
finally figured out how to link some dots
was your ears burnin? I was talking about you with mingo today.

always hungry, got to take my mind away, I would love to take a break from this compulsive typing of mine, but not yet. I am calling it the how I lost fifty pounds in fifty days on the studio eight sex fast diet with a keyboard and a bike. Right now the title is longer than the book.

happy landings betsy where ever u are

[true love first love Joyce Johnson ambiance baby fucker salinger]

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 30th, 2014, 5:58 pm

I am always around, you knows that.
I'm around in all ways, so ya see. I can't not be around or else that'd scare me to think up.

I found my house in my dreams.
The thing is is that I'm all about settled, but I don't know if I know that he is and this seems situational to me. Men are not what I knew them to be.
My heart is pittering like crazy and I still lack confidence in my decision making capabilities, like I don't know if I'm capable of making great decisions, even so, but I am doing it so there's that at least.

Afraid of it or not, I'm going to be captain of the ship I made and hope I travel with him, and to exciting lands, meet great things, be great, eat like a queen and arrive safely, with lots of love, joy, happy, story.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 30th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Men are not what I knew them to be.

I am not what i knew myself to be either.
but I don't know if I know that he is
situational?
Makes me happy to know you found that house, I hope he truly knows who your are; Just through chat with you I know you are a remarkable woman. I hope he knows women are not who he knew them to be also.
I'm around in all ways, so ya see. I can't not be around or else that'd scare me to think up.
I was scared too, than I realized I could not think up not being around either.
I get the transcendental blues when i do

I will be around forever, but I just can't imagine what forever looks like. I guess that is why I read poetry.

here it is six thirty pm and I have eaten 480 calories today so far on my thousand calorie a day diet. I call it my studio eight diet cause I been hungry all the time and it so distracting to sit here and chat with friends. "How I lost fifty pounds in fifty days with a keyboard and a bicycle"

that bike is like a second childhood for me :D

in friendship
jt
I am happy for you, and scared too that he will not who he appears to you to be.
Happy traveling mi amiga

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”