I'm hungry, let's eat!

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

SadLuckDame

Re: I'm hungry, let's eat!

Post by SadLuckDame » September 19th, 2010, 4:54 pm

I did see a gluten free pie crust mix at the market yesterday, but for now I found this to show you :P

I want, too.

http://www.yumuniverse.com/2010/06/30/g ... t-cookies/

I think the blueberry pie is a bigger temptation than my veggie lasagna.
Which came out beautiful, except I'm not big on the veggie mozz. cheese taste, so I'll find a different substitute for it next time. Or maybe I could soak the cheese in an herb/olive oil/garlic mix over night to change up the taste.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 19th, 2010, 5:14 pm

`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 19th, 2010, 8:03 pm

Those Cookies

Oh yeah

that was delicious

well I am beat tired
the best kind of tired
I feel like an Eskimo who just trekked across the frozen tundra for fitly miles and brought home the blubber.

I think I got some cookies some where but the are probably six months old. Going to check them out one more cup of joe and off to bed.

if wake before I die
I will see you later
Attachments
Pie_Crust_Cookies_main.jpg
Pie_Crust_Cookies_main.jpg (233.33 KiB) Viewed 1143 times

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 25th, 2010, 2:49 pm

I'm feeling too sick today to think about cooking,
but maybe a home-made soup
and soup is soul food, they say.

How was your cookies?

I'm in bed reading Dr. Grimshaw's Secret by Hawthorn and I just love it so far. It's got the creeps with spiders.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 3rd, 2010, 3:40 pm

I'm trying another new one,
spaghetti squash and I'll bake it cut in half with olive oil/herb.
Hoping it'll be a pasta substitute that I can finish preparing with portabella marinara mixing in broccoli and spinach.

I'm a huge fan of acorn squash with a melted (my type butter) and brown sugar, baked. Also love a stuffed squash, too.

The ex 'x' is taking us out to dinner tonight, he's the nice one that I'm friends with, so I wanted to get this cooking like an early dinner/but late lunch. Running behind, takes another twenty mins to cook.

Here's a link to a recipe...
http://chefinyou.com/2010/02/how-to-coo ... ti-squash/
~Lewis Carroll

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 3rd, 2010, 3:59 pm

All this talk of food is a delight...So, after raptly reading, I finally decided to post.
After all, SadLuckDame and Stilltrucking, you both have posted on my column a few times. Those cookies really look good. I bet they taste good, too.

I make a little thing called either chickenroni or turkeyroni depending on the type of meat it has in it. (We don't have beef or pork in anything because my wife doesn't eat those meats.) My wife & daughter both like the recipes very much. It's similar in style to the "Chef Boyardee's Beefaroni" but has more veggies in it. I mix it with various pasta and have "Ragu's" veggie primavera sauce put in it along with tomato sauce and tomato paste with one can of water.
Our favorite is the tri-color rotini pasta put in it. It doesn't take too long to make either. Then we have green beans or french style green beans on the side.
Another thing we like with it is "Texas garlic toast". Oh yeahhh!

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 3rd, 2010, 4:07 pm

Hey Steve, yes let's eat! I'm prolly always hungry, if not for food than for wit, humor, missives and music, art, poetry, etc. All is hunger, and my appetite! So thought this was a perfect place, we will eat while we bees hungry.

Pasta was my favorite food ever. I used to eat it four times a week in all sorts of shapes, tastes and savors. Thanks for showing what's on menu. We love favorites, yum!
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » October 3rd, 2010, 7:56 pm

My car broke down so did my coffee maker
sitting here eating a Moon Pie© and drinking abominable instant coffee and thinking

what do I need more
the car or the coffee pot
singing them metafiscal blues again

My own dam fault
But I wish I could blame it on the gross national product.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 4th, 2010, 5:29 am

Yes, gotta go with the coffee pot so you'll be up to thinking about how to get the car fixed. I've never tried making coffee like the cowboys could over an open fire. I have the coffee pot if you wanna bring by the coffee, I forgot to buy it yesterday and it was first on my shopping list.

Don't mix spaghetti squash with marinara sauce, the two do not belong together, finding out yesterday.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » October 4th, 2010, 4:45 pm

spaghetti squash

I bought some a year ago never got around to cooking it. It might still be in my veggie bin. :?

What happens to it with marinara sauce?
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 4th, 2010, 11:59 pm

I was under the assumption it'd mimic spaghetti, even taste wise, but it doesn't and it was an odd mix with marinara. Next time I'll try it just with olive oil, herb and maybe some light veggies like broccoli, carrots and cauliflower.

LOL! By now it could be your pet and it might be a mama, only takes a year.

Jack, I think I'm in the midst of a breakdown. Things are not going right in life and I might lose it. It's nice when you get my mind off the garble. I couldn't sleep tonight, but then I found you up. A good distraction to ease the heavy day away. Thanks u, u.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » October 16th, 2010, 10:40 pm

Tonight I tasted pure maple creme for the first time,
was melt in my mouth delicious. Gonna keep a jar for company.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » November 10th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Attachments
stuffing.gif
stuff.jpg
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » November 13th, 2010, 6:44 pm

I liked looking that recipe over, I mean, I wouldn't eat it, but I liked the curiosity of what it created and what she could do to a pot. Who knew and personality.

I threw on a steak just now. Feeling every bit hungry.
Been considering doing my first ever Thanksgiving dinner, home cooked and all at home. Normally I go to the invitation, but thinking it might be cozy just to stay home this time and figure it out. A bitty adventure. We'll see.

Saying my thanks and looking at the blessings, I need to do it or I forget,
wish to ...
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » November 13th, 2010, 6:52 pm

LOL! at steak, gotta love to eat it.

It's that whole embrace it
or kill it mentality.
I eat steak.
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”