Paint Me Black

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

SadLuckDame

Re: Paint Me Black

Post by SadLuckDame » April 16th, 2013, 7:53 pm

`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 20th, 2013, 11:06 am

stilltrucking

Like Mother's Milk

Post by stilltrucking » April 20th, 2013, 11:13 am

Sandra Steingraber’s War on Toxic Trespassers
"A study of more than 800 nursing mothers in North Carolina has uncovered three patterns that make this question an urgent one. Researchers found that the concentration of organochlorine chemicals in breast milk increased with the age of the mother, increased with the amount of fish consumed, and decreased dramatically over the course of lactation and with the number of children nursed. The first trend indicates that our bodies are still amassing fat-soluble contaminants faster than we can eliminate them. The second attests to the ongoing contamination of our rivers, streams, and lakes. The third fact is the most ominous one. Organochlorine contaminants are not easily expunged from our tissues. Their sharp decline in concentration over the course of breast-feeding, therefore, represents the movement of accumulated toxins from mother to child. It signifies that during the intimate act of nursing, a burden of public poisons insect killers, electrical insulating fluids, industrial solvents, and incinerator residues is shifted from one generation into the tiny bodies of the next."

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 20th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Thanks, Jack.
I watched it and a few others, too. And I must agree that sometimes the information is pure monsters in the street in my head, but it starts to calm and then the need for trying to discover ways to battle whatever it is and by passing that on.

Gonna flip through a couple more vids on there.

She's an amazing woman.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 20th, 2013, 7:18 pm

We need more amazing women. I am thinking of Brooksley Born who tried to warn us about the looming disaster on Wall street but who was dismissed as a silly girl by Greenspan et al.

I watched a show about Wonder Woman today. The comic book was created in December 1941. The guy who created it was a PhD Psychologist. He predicted that in a hundred years we would be living in a matriarchal society. I wish we were already. I am sick and tired of the good old boys club that is running things. But Hillary Clinton is a good old boy too even if she is a woman.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 17th, 2014, 2:40 pm

she's gone away
ain't not sunshine when she is gone
sometimes I take a great notion to jump in the river
if the river was whiskey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL4J-XIAKvw
Last edited by stilltrucking on January 20th, 2014, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 20th, 2014, 1:27 pm

I've been gone on ten airplanes, high in the sky looking around from there. Seen the cities at night twinkling like stars below me and everything gets too small I barely see it, even in squintings. The daytime on my side is a below me cloud of miles, I start to look for the break in it, but rarely there is any. The daytime over there is without clouds, the mountains are like naked powerful men and here the mountains are hippies.
I miss writing, too.

Today is a day off, smiles. :)
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 20th, 2014, 1:36 pm

dang me they had to take a rope and hang me
that is not the song I had in mind
the lyrics are too heavy
or at least the comments are
I was thinking of the soul version

and also sorry I had to deleted the picture of my grandniece and the frosting art. I did not ask permission to use it. But I am glad you got to see it.

I don't miss writing as much as I miss reading. Thanks for writing. Always grateful for something to read 8) I will repost the picture if I can.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 20th, 2014, 1:43 pm

I miss both, I'd like to do some reading. I'm at the end of reading Wurthering Heights for a second time and it's just as much as the first. I'm 88% in on my kindle.
In less than a month I'll be up in the skies again.
Funny thing is I never thought I'd even do it once, never thought it was on any page in any book of mine, but ha! there's always a surprise.

She is adorable, I'm glad she dropped by even if she had to go aways again.
The winter is a muck, a total rotten meanie this year.
I'm hanging on by the icicles.

What's the desert up to?
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 22nd, 2014, 9:24 pm

the desert is beautiful by starlight

been hiding from the sky
but not today
had me a slice of pie in the sky :mrgreen:

not much reading except I been thinking about readingJDS again
I saw a show onPBS American Masters, J.D. Salinger strange man, always writing young girls. He was hooked on innocence. Never could get the stench of war out of his nostrils, he wrote to exorcise his demons.

in the mean time it is good to have a pen pal in this world 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV9aQkBpI5o

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 15th, 2014, 11:08 am

Sad Luck Dame, been missing you online lately. You used to post on my stuff quite a bit.
Hope this post finds you in good health & good spirits. 8) :)

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 21st, 2014, 4:15 pm

Hello to you Steve.
You'll find me buried under a pile of year's images of these items taking up a squat spot in my short time spaces. I am picking them up and placing them elsewhere. At times they're finding familiar faces to join, in a loving way and at other times they have a journey I don't know of yet, but it's neat, tough works and neat. You find me well and without much predictions, just jumping in the deeps end.

No clues if I swim.

Do I find you fulled up of good health and a smile on your face?
~Lewis Carroll

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 17th, 2014, 10:47 am

Sad Luck Dame, Glad you're okay or at least muddling through. :) I'm much the same. :) One bright spot is that I'm looking forward to seeing one of my nephews in Frisco, in about a month or so. 8)

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”