Paint Me Black

The confessions. It's all in my head. It's all in my head.

Moderator: SadLuckDame

SadLuckDame

Paint Me Black

Post by SadLuckDame » January 19th, 2012, 9:51 pm

It was a day like this day when he googled me with fifteen of his windows open and the San Fransisco Bay song going over the youtube in the background. I was nearly litted up that day, I had a Janis life-sized on the wiki and Little Girl Blue come blowing a storm. He said, "You're Tom's girl and you want it to blacken, dip your feet in the pouring rain. I'll show you even more and then he named me the dame."

He keeps putting Bogey and Bacall on our T.V. late-night, him zested, looking her over on the one screen and I watching from this one. We do spend our times alone together like this a lot, watching

now the government is talking all SOPA and my google said, "Paint me black!" I was glad that they did. It's going to be a sad day, if the SOPA steals all our movies and musics away. "I don't want no trouble with the law...I just want to talk whatever it is we talk and how we talks..." and Cat said, "They betters back the flip off."
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Re: Paint Me Black

Post by SadLuckDame » January 19th, 2012, 9:55 pm

`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 20th, 2012, 7:31 pm

In my inbox after work tonight. Yay to this.
Hi everyone!

A big hurrah to you!!!!! We’ve won for now -- SOPA and PIPA were dropped by Congress today -- the votes we’ve been scrambling to mobilize against have been cancelled.

The largest online protest in history has fundamentally changed the game. You were heard.

On January 18th, 13 million of us took the time to tell Congress to protect free speech rights on the internet. Hundreds of millions, maybe a billion, people all around the world saw what we did on Wednesday. See the amazing numbers here and tell everyone what you did.

This was unprecedented. Your activism may have changed the way people fight for the public interest and basic rights forever.

The MPAA (the lobby for big movie studios which created these terrible bills) was shocked and seemingly humbled. “‘This was a whole new different game all of a sudden,’ MPAA Chairman and former Senator Chris Dodd told the New York Times. ‘[PIPA and SOPA were] considered by many to be a slam dunk.’”

“'This is altogether a new effect,' Mr. Dodd said, comparing the online movement to the Arab Spring. He could not remember seeing 'an effort that was moving with this degree of support change this dramatically' in the last four decades, he added."

Tweet with us, shout on the internet with us, let's celebrate: Round of applause to the 13 million people who stood up - #PIPA and #SOPA are tabled 4 now. #13millionapplause

We're indebted to everyone who helped in the beginning of this movement -- you, and all the sites that went out on a limb to protest in November -- Boing Boing and Mozilla Foundation (and thank you Tumblr, 4chan)! And the grassroots groups -- Public Knowledge, Electronic Frontier Foundation, Demand Progress, CDT, and many more.

#SOPA and #PIPA will likely return in some form. But when they do, we'll be ready.

13 million strong,

Tiffiniy, Holmes, Joshua, Phil, CJ, Donny, Douglas, Nicholas, Dean, David S. and Moore... Fight for the Future!

P.S. China's internet censorship system reminds us why the fight for democratic principles is so important:

In the New Yorker: "Fittingly, perhaps, the discussion has unfolded on Weibo, the Twitter-like micro-blogging site that has a team of censors on staff to trim posts with sensitive political content. That is the arrangement that opponents of the bill have suggested would be required of American sites if they are compelled to police their users’ content for copyright violations. On Weibo, joking about SOPA’s similarities to Chinese censorship was sensitive enough that some posts on the subject were almost certainly deleted (though it can be hard to know).
After Chinese Web users got over the strangeness of hearing Americans debate the merits of screening the Web for objectionable content, they marveled at the American response. Commentator Liu Qingyan wrote:

‘We should learn something from the way these American Internet companies protested against SOPA and PIPA. A free and democratic society depends on every one of us caring about politics and fighting for our rights. We will not achieve it by avoiding talk about politics.’"
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 21st, 2012, 9:41 pm

I noticed it in passing and I was grateful, I never thought about how big a deal it is, I get so caught up in mundane Monday kind of stuff I forget there can be no revolution without music.

I went to Google a couple of times and wicki, I was glad to see they had shut down. I wish I could send some dough to wicki, studio eight too.

"I asked him for mercy, he gave me a gun" the greatest story ever . . . .

what to call it, a "soft revolution" non violent

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 21st, 2012, 9:56 pm

I was thinking that as soon as I have some monies, I'm gonna send some monies to studio eight for you and me, then we'll be contributing members other than just our first thoughts. It'll be nice, we have good hearts and broke pockets, but some day I'll have a little monies in the pocket for a wee bit before I start shopping.

Going on a road trip again in April.
My friend is doing the driving, thank goodness. I'll buy the gas.
I'm addicted to road trips and being the passenger.

I'm glad google and wiki were on board, too. Makes me like them more than I already do and that was liking them a lot, ya know.
~Lewis Carroll

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 21st, 2012, 11:35 pm

Hell YEAH, Mongolia :!:
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 16th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Here is one for the children.
They were invisible, but after watching this video they'll appear before your eyes and be imprinted on your soul. What they'll want from us right now is to help be a voice in the matter, they want voice. I know that I know I want to talk for them to whomever it is that talks with me. That's you.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 16th, 2012, 7:23 pm

http://www.kony2012.com/
Please sign on the website.

And I guess to add to read other sides and info if needing more information from sources not in agreement... I did read this, but I can't say I saw a reason not to support Kony 2012.
I'll keep reading more links and information.

http://justiceinconflict.org/2012/03/07 ... n-a-notch/
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 18th, 2012, 9:40 pm

Rush Limbaugh defended Lord's Resistance Army leader Joseph ...
http://www.thegrio.com/.../rush-limbaug ... ance-army-...

Mar 8, 2012 – In the radio clip, the pundit applauds Kony as a Christian warrior taking...
Christian Warriors, oh yes.

Sorry dame nothing to do with all this, just caught my eye, I have not listened to it or read anything more about it. That just popped out at me. It is not so much Rush Limbaugh that apalls me, it is the millions of "dittoheads" who think he is cooler than hell Amerika, Hell Yeah.

like this song a lot, same guy who wrote cooler than hell

Gypsies Got a Right to Steal

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 18th, 2012, 10:09 pm

I don't ever know what to do about big issues, it's not like I can choose a side when both will have their set of issues and that is the problem with everything and politics. But, still want to jump to help kids out there after I notice what is going on for them. If I bring it into my heart than I can't pass it by without wondering if there is a way I could help.

Meaning, it is always gonna be hard to see the wrong or right side,
what is easier is to bypass both and just feel the soul and go with that, where-ever it might lead. Prolly even forget there are any big mouth politicians and money-heads and war starters or religious fanatics out there. Just to go without any of them as baggage.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 18th, 2012, 10:28 pm

I don't know either. We live in the age of "fair and balanced" news.
I guess mostly I wonder about where do the children play.

The Lord's Reistance Army sounds like a bad business to me Dame. Bad business all over the place So I count my blessings. And follow old Kurt Vonnegut's advise and "Listen to the Music"

One thing for certain about baggage, you can't take it with you when you go. So it seems to me.

I have read that the Y chromosome of homo sapiens is shedding baggage all the time,
Last edited by stilltrucking on March 18th, 2012, 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 18th, 2012, 10:35 pm

I don't knows who he is, the link's broken, so let me google him up. Do I want to knows him you think? Ha ha, I'm always doing that to you. I know you get frustrated, I'm sorries.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 18th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Urgh, it's frustrating that everything turns into being so historical as far as solutions and then the solutions they think to pick are war, mostly. What the hell happened to sending in the sexy woman who would poison the bad guy by drinking wine with him in the bed? It seems so much better, but nobody tries it, instead they'll plan a battle involving everybody who wasn't yet fully involved.
I don't know.

I don't want the U.S. to go in to capture him by war, because prolly then a lot of children soldiers would be murdered. But, I don't want him to be a threat out there to children either, which he is.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 18th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Doesn't anybody make voodoo dolls anymore?
Or take on a Shakespeare character or even Biblical and actually get creative in capturing one man. Just one man, not thousands. Is our intelligence and creativity really lacking so much so in this day of technology that none of the big people know how to count to one, catch just one and make a dame happier in my soul. It was easier to avoid all this world suffering, but I guess I felt guilty not looking and deciding if I could pick it up or not.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » March 18th, 2012, 10:51 pm

Can't the big U.S. guys drop a very large sleeping pill, walk in with their special masks on and pick up the sleepy man and remove him, leave behind a note to the back-up dudes that they'll be next if they start the same leadership again, etc. etc. I mean, if they can drop a bomb than they could drop a sleeper pill just as unexpectedly.
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “The Luck of a Dame”