A Horse Whisper

Essays & explorations by Steve Plonk

Moderator: Steve Plonk

Steve Plonk

Re: A Horse Whisper

Post by Steve Plonk » May 22nd, 2014, 10:48 pm

Another Cat Whisper:

Well, now it was my Maine Coon mix's turn to die. Our cat had two strokes, one after the
other. He was unresponsive except for his blinking eyes. He moved twice with his paws
at the last. We had to put him to sleep at 6:55 PM today. We both kissed him on his pretty
head & said our goodbyes. My daughter hugged & kissed him before we took him to the
hospital at 4:15 PM. Our cat, the Duke of Chow is dead. May he have Godspeed to cat heaven. :)
We had a very kind lady vet who put Duke to sleep. My wife got off work early to meet me
at the Animal Hospital. :(

It's like losing a family member. Duke was with us for eighteen & a half years almost exactly. 8) :(
It's only been since the day after Thanksgiving that we lost our orange tabby, The Duchess of Plum. Now we are petless. I feel very empty inside. :( So let us hear Duke whisper in the wind & mew along with the swishing tree branches on Cowee Mountain,
my song version of "Big Rock Candy Mountain", soon to be posted in my artlog. :idea:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » December 13th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Well, kind folks & gentle people,we got a new cat from an animal shelter on December 11th.
She is a black & brindle striped Maine coon mix. We are really enjoying
having a pet cat again. She is eighteen months old...

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » April 7th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Folks, please refrain from commenting off topic on my threads. I have moved your
comments on a new thread, called "Why I lock threads, etc." See your comments preserved on above thread for that topic. Thanks for your patience. 8) :o

This above thread "A Horse Whisper" is about pets &
love of animals & speculations about animals in heaven... :) 8)

Return to “Life in the Horse Lane”