Progressive Bargaining & Attachments Reprise

Essays & explorations by Steve Plonk

Moderator: Steve Plonk

Steve Plonk

Progressive Bargaining & Attachments Reprise

Post by Steve Plonk » February 24th, 2013, 11:52 am

Progressive Bargaining & attachments

Postby Steve Plonk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:18 pm
(Through time, the links on some of the sites have gotten broken.
Sorry about that...)

Wake up America! It is time for all folks to come to the aid
of the Democratic Party. Send your contributions for a
better America. Re-elect Obama. Vote out the tea party/republicans in 2012.

Solidarity forever! A safe business is good business...
We keep agitating regardless... See link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYiKdJoSsb8

Collective bargaining built this country. If the idiocy of the Wisconsin governor
spreads, we will have to take to the streets again around here and the capitol.
His ideas to end collective bargaining or mute it, will undermine existing federal
regulations which support the right of Unions to bargain with employers. I smell
a large class action lawsuit...

In addition, if that wasn't bad enough, the Tea Party is trying to negate long-standing bipartisan environmental regulations, ie., the Clean Water Act, saving the Chesapeake Bay, ending Mountaintop removals, stop cutting secondary trees next to national parks, and revamping the Clean Air Act. There are concerns
way beyond carbon tradeoffs, & "states rights". Many unlisted rights remain
with the people themselves. Don't forget the Tea Party is trying to block funding
on last year's health care act(s). Regular republicans are afraid to stand up to them.

So maybe we'll have to have an internet Economics MOBE &/or Environmental MOBE and suddenly converge in various state capitols and DC at once. Wouldn't
that be something? I believe there are enough progessives to block traffic--
especially if they bring their tractors and SUVs, busses, etc. collectively and
circle the various capitol malls with vehicles.

Am I being obtuse and ridiculous? I've seen it happen in the past on a smaller scale. What happened in Egypt could happen here with Progressive Action. Last year's Tea Party protests would look like a "mickey mouse" gathering at Disneyland compared to what I envision. Imagine nationwide protests against
the Tea Party and their policies. We could save Obama's back and he'd
appreciate us more. The US Senators must know how we feel...We'll vote out the Tea Party...

Moreover, internationally, we could trade an arrested Pakistani spy for the American Embassy man held by the Pakistanis for defending himself against
robbers. We could signal our intentions to negotiate with new Middle East governments and help stem piracy with all out joint efforts.
Let's support the countries that support us...

Re: Progressive Bargaining & attachments

Postby Steve Plonk » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:44 pm

We've seen what happens in a couple of months when the tea party
tries to pass its agenda. Say yes to Unions, say no to the tea party fanatics.
Vote more Democrats back in, in 2012. Now is a good time to start agitating for
these tea party types to become "one term wonders". We will be seen and we will be heard. Ziggyboogiedoo! :idea:

Postby Steve Plonk » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:04 pm

"Chattanooga Organized for Action", with the Tennessee Educational Association, along with other unions is rallying in Nashville, TN, Saturday, March 5, 2011, to
support teachers collective bargaining rights and against change in tenure laws.

"Republicans in the Tennessee State Legislature are on the attack against
public section workers and are working hard to pass legislation that would
outlaw the fundamental human right of all workers to organize in their
workplace for better working conditions"

This Saturday, MARCH 5th we will be rallying to support teachers in Nashville!

· Where: we will be leaving from the closed down Sears outlet store (in East Ridge, TN) next to the Rave Movie theater. [MAP] ie, 5402 South Terrace...

· When: We will be meeting at 9 AM and loading up our cars, vans and buses at 9:30 AM to take off.

Sign on the Facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/update security info.php?wizard+1#/event.php?eid=150494028345535
"Make sure to wear red, bring signs, and if you are driving then make sure
to write messages of solidarity on your cars! Download Flyers here:
http://www.lucw-cwa.org/march15 (for the next March 15th event.)
"It is time to teach these elected corporate cronies a lesson: when you attack
one worker in Tennessee, you attack us all!"

For more information, please feel free to contact
Chris Brooks, Chattanooga Organized for Action organizer, (c) 423-504-4484

From an e-mail I received from Chattanooga Organized for Action. (I am not
able to go because I threw out my back. Wish everyone good luck...)

Postby Steve Plonk » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm

More than 3,000 teachers and union supporters showed up on March 5, 2011, to
protest anti-teacher and anti-union legislation proposed by the new republican
majority in the legislature in Nashville, TN.

In addition, there was another rally on March 15, 2011, in Nashville, TN at the state capitol. Plenty of supporters showed up to cheer on the teachers and the unions to try to get through to legislators and state senators that the proposed
anti-union legislation should NOT pass and NOT be signed by the new republican
governor Haslam. Seven protestors were reportedly arrested for "sitting in"
in a subcommittee in the capitol. Only 75 people were allowed in the room to
view the proceedings. Most left without incident..Those protesting and those who
were arrested are heros and heroines for workers/teachers rights.

Solidarity Forever! Let's hope there is not a repeat, here in Tennessee, of the situation in Wisconsin where the new republican majority ran roughshod over worker's rights....Off the bollocks and Up the Democratic Revolution! America is
waking up to a renewed cause to march and vote for...Wait and see!

Postby creativesoul » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 pm

i was thinking about America today, a nation built on theft and violence= i think it amusing all the pride we seem to have about being american, my son does not travel with an american passport..the world does not like americans..i lived in africa and italy, been around the world, and i was ok, but i have had machine guns held againest my babies head in nigeria in 82..so i am not proud to be an american...i have seen the poverty of the world, and i think we all could be helping each other, instead of killing each other- way back when AMERICA stole the articles of conferation from the iriquoi nation..this land was indian, and they ended up in reservations..so the refugees of the world are displaced human beings with needs that cannot seem to get food, money , medical supplies..this causes problems- they we are the haves and the rest of the world suffers...
no goverment has been able to satisfy my ideas about democracy except the 12 steps and traditions of AA and the way a tribe has everyone included, every one eats. elders are cared for...we throw the old in homes so we can go get money? i think there is more than goverment that is ass backwards... where is the sacred ????
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

creativesoul

Postby Steve Plonk » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:56 pm

Creativesoul, et al, Ever since the tea party wing of the republican party won back the lower House of Representatives in the U.S. Congress, the country has been in gridlock. No one wants to be in gridlock, but there are important things at stake...The government funding has been extended a few weeks and the country is running "bass ackwards".

(Now the U.S. is going to intervene in Libya on behalf of civilians who are revolting against Gadaffi (sic). Britain and France are asking us to help, too. So, we are getting out of Iraq, and going into Libya. But that is a subject of another piece...)

Hawaii is a very insular state and has to wing it, at times, when things happen...Also, as you know, you Hawaiians don't have seasons like we have on the mainland...A Hawaiian is president and I think he is doing a good job...
I am happy to be an American, and I am generally optimistic, but not the commanding general...Ha Ha. So things need to settle down and we need to
educate these tea party people how government is run.

I love "the sacred", but government and the church must be separate. I don't want a country run by priests and\or shamans... At stake, are the public education busting and union busting tactics of the republicans in various states and on the federal level...
There is a bill which would dock federal funding from
PBS which I happen to like as a TV and radio station. All kinds of cuts in the new
health care bill are on the table. Vocational Rehabilitation funding is on the cutting block, in some instances, along with Social Security benefits...
Democrats want to keep funding in these areas.

Republicans have balked at every extension of the minimum wage acts, or extension of unemployment benefits. Republicans have never cared about the poor. Democrats, on the other hand, care about the needy and destitute...So, I'm with the Democrats. If you haven't registered to vote, I urge you to do so and vote your conscience. We are in this thing together with solidarity against the republican scourge. Yes, I care about America and, by extension, I care about sustaining the world. Two years from now, our country is on the line as
to which way we are headed. Two years pass in a heartbeat of time...We don't
want to turn back the clock to 1952...sixty years ago...2012 must be a year
of progression, otherwise we will backtrack into the "bad old days".

Postby creativesoul » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:02 am

i know you are correct, in your thinking on these issues, but at the risk of sounding crazy- i think that all these systems are failng and must fail for effective change to take place- i appreciate your well educated ideas about health care and education and social security...each societal model that we hold up--will over time be modified...i do not want to be ruled at all- i assume that the concept of community, and our places in that community will grow, as well as our ideas..
where i am in family structure is pre-grandma, that would make me almost an older... elder--- i make a better listener than a talker these days...keep talking- i enjoy listening..
reason is over rated, as is logic and common sense-i much prefer the passions of a crazy old woman, cats and dogs and jungle foliage- tropic rain-and a defined sense of who brings the stars up at night and the sun up in the morning---

creativesoul

Postby Steve Plonk » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Yes, creativesoul, you are so right. Some systems will have to fail, but hopefully,
we will be able to shore up what's left so there won't be a total crash. A total
crash of a "system" will effect all, because we are all interdependent for
continuity and sustainance...whether it is the banking system, mortgage system,
governmental funding, or the ecological system. Systems, by some quirk, have
a way of reinventing themselves just like in nature itself. Thanks for reading! :D

Steve Plonk

Postby Steve Plonk » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 pm

It appears that what I predicted back in February, 2011, has come true
in the guise of the "Occupy Wall Street" movement which, not only happened in New York, but spread to Washington DC and other cities around this country including our own Nashville, TN and Chattanooga, TN.

As goes the slogan "The 99% want the top tier 1% to pay their fair share
of taxes and sacrifice..."

Until the above happens, this country will remain
in turmoil and the 2012 election is the key to the "new mood" of the populace.
So, Congress had better get moving and GET THE RICH TAXED TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE. The taxation should include heavy polluting corporations, etc. whose greed is well established, ie. the oil, coal, & gas companies...Multinational
corporations should not get a free ride. Collective Bargaining should be
mandated by federal labor statutes again.

Postby Steve Plonk » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:33 pm

This "infographic" article more clearly contrasts the Occupy Wall Street Movement vrs. the Tea Party Movement. See link below, for educational purposes only, &/or as a matter for discussion:

http://www.accelerated-degree.com/faceo ... fographic/
See new link to this graph (5/14/17): http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pho4SDZg2eo/T ... WSvsTP.jpg

Postby Steve Plonk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Kind folks & gentle people, keep in mind who's on the side of collective bargaining for teachers, firemen, police, & other working folks...The DEMOCRATIC PARTY & PRESIDENT OBAMA. 8) Move forward with the
wonderful Democratic Party & let's get some more pro-labor folks in Congress &
in the state houses. Open your wallets & pocketbooks & give to the Democrats
who have tried so hard to keep unions rights. 8)

Postby Steve Plonk » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Well, kind folks & gentle people, the rest of the country took my advice, along with Wisconsin, & voted more Democrats back into the US Senate & gave President Obama & Vice-President Biden four more years. Count 'em... 8)

Postby creativesoul » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:25 am

i wonder- if perhaps this is all true- and that collectively the same hysteria that makes one 'right' or 'wrong' can be equally as damaging- i recall a time when i was young and believed that someday there would be peace and harmony- now i tell you- that the lady of justice is blindfolded and that all of us are neither right or wrong- but just terribly confused on how to eloquently re-examine our motives- and that our communication skills appear to be getting much wrose- now people are spending thousands of dollars on under ground basements and three years of food supplies and guns and teaching their children to stay in the capsule and bury food to hike out after sixty days with a bug out pack- not to be independent and artistic- but to surrvive- that is the ticket now- the druggies dress up like zombies and walk the streets and the drug labs conjour up our masses-so i ask you- when will we learn from the protests, the wars the control freaks?the world has gone bonkers and i think me hiding on an 80 acre farm is the answer----grow food, get strong- find peace- help others to heal- that is all i have- I AM GRATEFUL OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT- but what about the other crackers in the world?

creativesoul

Postby Steve Plonk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Creativesoul, I am also grateful that President Obama was reelected. Too bad that more folks didn't see it our way. You're right, some folks are so wrapped up in their mindset, & conceit, that they wouldn't know what was the right person until the idea came up & hit them up side the head. Some folks in this country need to have their noses rubbed into their defeat. :mrgreen: :lol: "It takes a village."

Now, that the elections are over, we need to get down to business & compromise
in the areas we have in common. These food to mouth, & health care issues aren't going to go away. The rich can most afford to pay their best share of the taxes. :) See link about compromising below:
http://www.politicolnews.com/republican ... cal-cliff/

Steve Plonk

Re: Progressive Bargaining & Attachments Reprise

Post by Steve Plonk » July 20th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Now, if the Democrats can just get an equitable budget passed with some small compromises,
which preserves social security & entitlements that so many depend on. A cost of living increase is necessary. Hopefully, in the next several months or so. 8)

Steve Plonk

Re: Progressive Bargaining & Attachments Reprise

Post by Steve Plonk » May 17th, 2014, 3:43 pm

Here are some circular graphs about characteristics of the
"Occupy Wall Street" Movement vrs. the "Tea Party Movement".
On the left is the Occupy movement on on the right is the Tea Party Movement, respectively.

See link: http://wepartypatriots.com/wp/wp-conten ... ture-7.png

Here's another link to a circular graph describing the Occupy Wall Street movement:
http://www.fastcompany.com//1792056/occ ... nfographic

On the other hand, here's a link to a linear chart showing tea party republican
demographics: http://www.people-press.org/files/2011/07/elect-8.png

Once again, here's a link to an article explaining Occupy Wall Street & its demographics &
influences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street

Occupy Wall Street, in my opinion, has really influenced the recent Labor Movement in the USA.

Return to “Life in the Horse Lane”