Moderator: Steve Plonk

Steve Plonk

Obama Again, Continued...

Post by Steve Plonk » August 16th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Obama Again, Continued...

BEGIN PAGE ONE.

Postby Steve Plonk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 pm
Yes, Romney got shellacked. Updates have it that Obama also won 50.6% of
the popular vote. I am proud to be on the winning side for the second time since the Clinton era. I am a lifelong Democrat & have never voted for a republican for president. My reasons are simple. To me, there is a clear choice between the republican plutocrats & Democratic populists. The Democratic Party, when it is operating as it should, is the party of the middle class, small businesses & the poor.

Yes, we spend...Yes, we raise taxes. Why? Because you get what you pay for.
We put our money where we say we will. Emergency situations call for emergency measures. We stimulate the economy by temporarily cutting payroll taxes for the middle class. Then we raise taxes from the rich who are most able to pay extra.

I am tired of republicans automatically ruling out raising taxes. It's just plain
stupid. Heck, they ran two wars without even selling war bonds. They put
the wars on a credit card backed up by hyperbole & the failing stock market.

Yes, I respect true conservatives, because true conservatives believe in conservation of the environment. True conservatives believe in trying to
balance the budget as close as they can. True conservatives respect people of differing backgrounds & color. I have no respect for tea party secessionists
& wingnut birthers. I pledge allegiance to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
I believe in a country which flies the stars & stripes forever.

If you don't vote, you don't own the results & have no right to complain. I am harsh because this is the reality of the situation. There are people who wanted to vote who had their vote suppressed. I wish that anyone who deliberately doesn't vote could be fined like they do in Australia. Anyone who stuffs the ballots should be fined & put in jail. Yes, I respect true conservatives because they respect me. True conservatives are willing to find
areas where they may compromise.

Steve Plonk

Re: Obama Again

Postby Atehequa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 am
Fines ? No right to complain ? Kind of leaves one bound to this foul two party system having to contend with the lesser of two evils. Bound to this shitty game and it's rules.

I just can't go for this two party partisan pissing contest.

Fuck the Vote -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGttbLWU9_c
I'm gonna walk before they make me run

Atehequa

Postby Steve Plonk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 pm
Atehequa, In some states, like Vermont & Maine, they've elected independents for Senators.
No, you are not bound by the two party system. You may vote for third parties or independents. You indicated, on another thread, that you once voted & got tired of it. Just out of curiosity, which party did you favor? :?:

There will always be another election in which you may vote. Why throw away your right to vote? Hope you will be among the voters next time. :)
Have a great holiday...

Steve Plonk

Postby Atehequa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Steve Plonk wrote:Atehequa, In some states, like Vermont & Maine, they've elected independents for Senators.
No, you are not bound by the two party system. You may vote for third parties or independents. You indicated, on another thread, that you once voted & got tired of it. Just out of curiosity, which party did you favor? :?:

There will always be another election in which you may vote. Why throw away your right to vote? Hope you will be among the voters next time. :)
Have a great holiday...

Two and three party systems ? We once had a pretty good system and leaders too. Leaders who were with the people instead of over them. On July 4th, 1776, the founding fathers deemed us the enemy then declared war. We were eventually defeated and subjugated. Often do I think of the presidents and politics we've endured for almost two hundred years.

I've heard it said that November is suppose to be our month.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, Steve.

Atehequa

Postby Steve Plonk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:05 pm
Well, Thanksgiving is over & Obama pardoned another turkey...At the beginning
of November we were praying for his win. Now, there's just a few days left
of November sky. Our month of Thanksgiving...

Certainly, we have much to be thankful for. We have the promise of brotherhood & sisterhood along with the majesty of a crisp & recovering winter...The culmination of our harvests...Many are safely gathered in...A promise of peace is, once again, on the horizon... 8)

Steve Plonk

Postby Steve Plonk » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:07 am
Yes, Obama is the tested & true champion of our republic. Let's get some cooperation
from the other side of the aisle. Romney has had lunch with the President. All is right
with the White House. Let's see some of the naysayers on this site admit that they were
wrong about Obama & the pulse of the American voters. 8)

Steve Plonk

Postby Atehequa » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:50 am
Champion of the republic ? Shouldn't he be wearing a purple toga and sporting a gold laurel wreath upon his head ?

Have these elected public servants been elevated to demigods ?

With all it's conquests, oppression and blood sports, Rome was once a republic.

Atehequa

Postby Steve Plonk » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:17 pm
When in America, I do as the Americans do...Hail Obama, Keeper of the Seal! Oh Hell, Yeah!
I really am pleased as punch that Obama is re-elected. 8) Think of the alternative...
Hard for me to contemplate from these heights... :D

I am an honorary member of Obama's "Kitchen Cabinet" & I have the fridge button to prove it. Hoo Hah! :mrgreen: Soon, we are going to have a toga party to celebrate Obama's second inauguration! :lol:

Poor little Romney Annie & Mittens--they're like little lost kittens... :P

Steve Plonk

Postby Atehequa » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 am

Steve Plonk wrote: Think of the alternative...

Oh I do, but that thought goes beyond the lies and puppet actor candidates pushed upon people by those who are really calling the shots.

Atehequa

Postby Steve Plonk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:59 pm
Reagan was, reputedly, a puppet actor. :P I believe Obama is his own man. :lol:
I try to use occasional sarcastic & sardonic humor...Atehequa, I'm no conspiracy buff...
Our elections are legitimate & genuine in this country. Voters spoke & Obama was
the man they elected--both by popular vote & by electoral college count.

Atehequa, since you didn't vote, maybe you should stick with what you do & know.
Fiction & Poetry is one of your strong points. I'm trying my best to be kind...You seem
to have a "chip on your shoulder" about voting in this country. Are you Canadian or something? :(

Steve Plonk

Postby Atehequa » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Steve Plonk wrote:Reagan was, reputedly, a puppet actor. :P I believe Obama is his own man. :lol:
I try to use occasional sarcastic & sardonic humor...Atehequa, I'm no conspiracy buff...
Our elections are legitimate & genuine in this country. Voters spoke & Obama was
the man they elected--both by popular vote & by electoral college count.

Atehequa, since you didn't vote, maybe you should stick with what you do & know.
Fiction & Poetry is one of your strong points. I'm trying my best to be kind...You seem
to have a "chip on your shoulder" about voting in this country. Are you Canadian or something? :(

Fiction ? LOL! I can never seem to utilize fiction in the outshining or overshadowing of personal observations and actual experiences. I'm sure they seem fantastic depending on what side of the road, river, or ridge one is familiar with.

Politicians and the same old bullshit spouted for many years by a good number of political bullshitters all over the world attempting to out-bullshit others of their kind.

I've heard it said more than once if someone doesn't vote for and support one bullshitter or another, then that person has no right to express opinion,

but here I am objecting to both bullshitters and their bullshit.

What's the worst that can happen, someone or another telling me I am wrong ?

Canadian ? Please. There's a good chance I am more of this land called America than you, Steve Plonk.

Atehequa

Postby Steve Plonk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:51 pm
Atehequa, you wanted to hear it...So here it is: You are wrong &/or misguided...
Hey, some of my woodland & neolithic ancestors are in museums, too. 8) :(

Obama is OUR president. Yes, he's the President of all of us, not just me & you.
We are all Americans, & we have our roots here in the soil. 8) At least you can laugh...That is a good sign."It takes a village..." Cheer up! Seasons Greetings! :)

Steve Plonk

Postby stilltrucking » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:01 am
I don't who is wrong but I can say this about Obama, at least I don't have the urge to spit on my tv everytime I see his face or hear his voice,like I do when I see his predecessor in that office, old what's his name that you never hardly hear about anymore, but who I have heard is out on the lecture circuit pulling down $100 of thousand speaker fees. Happy as a clam god dam him.

I wish Barry well Steve, but I would wish him even better if he did not have all those financial guys from the Bush admin as his closest advisers. I guess that is just how it is these days. Maybe always was.
It seems so go in cycles, when will our next political savior come?
I was born to follow.
I am a believer. I believe cultures can evolve. Politics too, maybe even human nature.
Free Rice

stilltrucking

Postby Atehequa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:02 am
Chip on my shoulder ?

Cheer up ?

Of course you would not be saying these things if I were to agree with you. I remember posting none too positive remarks about Duyba Bush on another forum back in 2005 and someone coming on to say just about the same thing about me. What I said about Bush made me not cheerful person with a chip on my shoulder.

Is this how people all caught up in the democrat versus republican BS deal with others who don't agree with them ? "Oh gosh, he's disagreeing with me, something must be wrong with him" :lol:

What, both republicans and democrats use the same manual on how to handle naysayers ?

Atehequa

Postby Steve Plonk » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:11 am
Still Trucking, at least you voted..."The better of two evils..." Obama is THE MAN... 8)

Atehequa, I mentioned third parties, but you'd have none of it. I guess you just
fuss, but don't participate in politics...Not much else to say...

Yes, at least Democrats work with the two third parties folks in the U.S. Senate; whereas, for republicans, it is "our way or the highway"... Let's hope someone compromises about something across the aisle.
Otherwise, all of us are in for huge spending cuts in entitlements & tax increases. :(
The so-called "fiscal cliff" is looming... :roll:

Folks, I wish the republicans would agree to "soak the rich" & sponge up more taxes from those most able to afford it... :wink: That's my humble "take" on the whole thing...

Steve Plonk

Steve Plonk

Re: Obama Again, Continued...

Post by Steve Plonk » August 16th, 2013, 9:18 pm

BEGIN PAGE 2

Postby Atehequa » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:13 pm
Politics can be commented upon regardless if one votes or not, people do it all the time here in America knowing that there's no goon squads to silence them

as of yet.

Yet bullshit and the green flies that hover around it could inspire even a rare few -

Only winners and losers play the game
Across the river in a grassy field
Victory, prizes and fame
Defeated reflections upon experience
Champions forever being challenge on another day
Aside from the game, they seem rather dense

Softly laughing at the end of another day
Across the river in an ancient wood
A stone throw away
Another option one can always choose
Before settling down to sleep and soar through dreams
Having played all day with nothing to win or lose

Atehequa

Postby Steve Plonk » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:11 pm
The Gipper once said, "It's not whether you win or lose, but it's how you play the game that matters..." A paraphrase...Well, Obama won & he won fairly...

Things happen...Death, disease, & disasters visit the good & evil alike.
The globe is warming & the climate is changing. We may as well be prepared for it.
We have FEMA to help with emergencies & sometimes one has
to go over the budget during disasters such as Sandy & the "Frankenstorm"...
Even Norfolk, VA was effected by the storm, as well as the NC coast...

Time for the republicans & Democrats to get busy
running the country instead of spitting in the soup.
Entltlements must be preserved. You don't throw the babies, elderly & disabled out with the bath water, to use a common metaphor. I extend the metaphor to include
health care. "Obamacare" is a good plan. A majority of the people voted for better healthcare.

Steve Plonk

Postby Atehequa » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 pm
"Time for the republicans & Democrats to get busy"

:lol:

Atehequa

Postby Steve Plonk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 pm
I'' ll be glad when the so-called business comes to fruition. Let's wait & see what happens.
I've done my part with getting the word out. :lol:

Steve Plonk

Postby Steve Plonk » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:19 pm
Here's the good news again from John Nichols in "The Nation" magazine:
See quote & link below, to read more...
“1. Barack Obama has won an overwhelming majority in the Electoral College, a daunting majority of the popular vote and a majority of the nation’s states—including most of the country’s largest states and states in every major region of the republic: New England, the mid-Atlantic, the Great Lakes, the South, the Southwest, the Mountain West and the West.
2. Barack Obama has won more popular votes than any Democratic candidate for president in history—except Barack Obama in 2008.
3. Barack Obama is the first Democratic president to win more than 50 percent of the popular vote in a re-election run since Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1944.
4. Barack Obama is the only Democratic candidate for president since FDR to twice win more than 50 percent of the national vote.
5. Barack Obama has, in both of his presidential runs, won a higher percentage of the national vote than any Democratic nominee since Lyndon Johnson in his 1964 landslide victory.
Add it all up and Obama has a mandate from this year’s presidential election that is significantly greater than those afforded John Kennedy in 1960, Richard Nixon in 1968, Jimmy Carter in 1976 or George W. Bush in 2000 or 2004.”

http://www.thenation.com/blog/171178/ob ... s-mandate#

Postby Steve Plonk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 pm
It gave me raw pleasure to watch Barack H. Obama & Joe Biden get sworn in for the second time in public & for the third time on TV.
I watched the private ceremonies on youtube on Sunday, January 20, 2013. :D

Barack Obama won with 51% of the popular vote.
He & Biden outdid all recent Democratic winning candidates. He also got more votes than "W" Bush both times, as we have seen in the above article. 8)
Oh, by the way, it is time to start working with Barack & Joe because they aren't going
anywhere anytime soon. So get with the program, republicans. :wink:

Steve Plonk

Postby Arcadia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 pm
your entusiasmo about your president it´s amazing, Steve! I enjoy it! (no pun intención as you use to say) :wink: :)

Arcadia

Postby Steve Plonk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:47 pm
Arcadia, Glad you liked my posts about our President. 8)

We may all continue this discussion in my Column, "Life in the Horse Lane".
See LInk: viewforum.php?f=78

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 16th, 2013, 9:20 pm

We hope you will like this continuation of this topic: Obama Again. Thank you for posting. 8)
"Get rhythm, if you get the blues..." Johnny Cash. 8) :)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 29th, 2013, 12:37 pm

It is hoped that the Obama administration will refrain from intervening in the Syrian Civil War.
However, the gas attacks must cease &
the families of the dead must get reparations to compensate for their losses.
Perhaps, the various nations &/or factions may sit around the
table & negotiate in the United Nations or elsewhere & end the Syrian Civil War.
What do you say? :?:

On the day after the 50th Anniversary of MLK’s “I have a Dream” Speech, let’s give peace a chance.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 3rd, 2013, 2:34 pm

Here's a link to a map detailing the Syrian Civil War areas of control, etc. by various factions.
See link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:S ... tailed_map

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 9th, 2013, 12:27 pm

First, I am against any direct action by the USA in Syria. If approved by Congress,
the most the USA should do is give logistical support to the French &/or Turkish forces in possible action there.
Second, I think a resolution should be introduced in the United Nations Security Council for the Syrians to have an immediate cease fire in the civil war by all parties involved.
Third, the Syrians involved should apologize to the international commission, et al,
for the use of chemical weapons, & reparations should be immediately made to victims &/or families of the illegal gassing.
Fourth, time should be allowed to clean up the area effected by the use of the gas bombs, etc.
Fifth, Syria should immediately, within a common sense allowed time, surrender the gas bombs &/or missiles to a United Nations commission for disposal. Russia has even allowed that that might be part of the solution. :)

Also see a similar post on my thread in "Algonquin's Table" in the "In the Trenches" Zone,
on page 4 of that thread.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 12th, 2013, 2:11 pm

The most the USA should do is give logistical support to the French &/or Turkish forces in possible action there. :?:

The Turkish invaded the Syrians in the past & Turkey is now an OTAN member ... Syria was a French colony ... I doubt they had easily too much brilliant and emphatic ideas towards Syria nowadays ... it doesn´t sound as a good idea to me ...:?

I guess the tricky and overcrowded trama of military bases in the world after WWII is a sad contrapunto to what the United Nations can decide and do (despite what the ONU ocasionally decide to decide and do... ) ... for example in the caso that Great Britain or Italy don´t "oficially" want to follow what the USA decide there are nevertheless USA military bases that can be used in Italy and Chipre for the purpuse they want... I also guess the same can apply (I don´t know if in the same número) with Chinese or Russian bases militares throughout the world ... :let´s say the structure is already a fucking weapon jungle and basically nobody really have the right to say anything because they are all armed to the theeth... and that´s the "oficial" part we know, a great part of the arms the "big ones" made in their factories are not for their own armies ...

And yeah, let´s hope Kerry and Lavrov have a nice chat and that they can even remember old times and also that Erdogan may share someday a coffee with Assad, who knows? :roll:

And the most important, let´s hope that all this heavy mix of bravery-power-showing, diplomatic revuelo, righteous indignation and amenazas really end in the form of some help to the Syrian people and care to avoid more destruction there, here & everywhere ...

s-t directioned me here, gracias! :arrow: , now I have to let alone the international politics issues for the rest of the day...! :mrgreen:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » September 15th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Both Turkey & France have put their military responses on hold. All countries are
waiting to see if Syria complies with getting rid of their chemical weapons.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 15th, 2013, 6:34 pm

that´s good! :D let´s hope maybe after this episode all the world´s countries (goverment & citizens) also start to be more sensitive and critic about what they do with their own weapons ... why not? :)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 3rd, 2013, 2:07 pm

Perhaps the Syrians will comply with the United Nations resolution,
cease firing at each other, & dispose of their chemical weapons... 8) :idea:

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 17th, 2013, 12:13 pm

Well, here's a squeaker of a victory for the President & the Democrats.
However, all they did was dropkick the problem on down the line...Just a temporary fix...
What's the behind the scenes deal here, & why did it cost the country at least
100,000.000 dollars? Some Sources say that the high end cost could be 20 billion...
across the board losses in the stock market, job loss, etc. & economic slowdowns...
What's up with the GOP anyway? Doesn't the GOP care about
regular folks who work for a living?... :?: I know people who got furloughed, etc. :(
Thanks to the GOP reps who DID vote for the continuance. :) To hell with the tea party
"radicals"... :x

See Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/1 ... 12311.html

On Thursday, October 17, 2013, the President signed into law:

H.R. 2775, the "Continuing Appropriations Act, 2014," which provides fiscal year 2014 appropriations for projects and activities of the Federal Government through Wednesday, January 15, 2014. The effective time for the continuing resolution begins on October 1, 2013. H.R. 2775 also extends the Nation's debt limit through February 7, 2014.

To read more also see this link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

Return to “Life in the Horse Lane”