History is a Solution, Part 2

Essays & explorations by Steve Plonk

Moderator: Steve Plonk

Steve Plonk

History is a Solution, Part 2

Post by Steve Plonk » October 27th, 2013, 1:30 pm

HISTORY IS A SOLUTION...PART 2.

History is a solution...just read the Constitution: 8)
“ We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. ”
Interesting... huh?!
So get a little copy of the U. S. Constitution and crack it, like I did...You are in
for some funnery. Get with the printed word...Teach yourself the legacy
of the government our founding fathers & mothers left us with. We have
a document handed down in its original form for more than 200 years.
It is worth reading...All our government's laws use it in addition to "English Common Law". More folks should read the Constitution...Before you dump
all over our history, find out the wealth and stories it contains...

I am tired of "rubes and goobs" spouting mess--having never read about the actual times and stories of what happened... Then we have to vote them out again and elect someone intelligent...We were one of the last large powers of
the world to get a "social security system". Medicare and Medicaid were
approved with the sweat and toil of our fathers & grandfathers who really
benefitted from it. We will all be older someday and need to benefit from
our labors. We need to keep the system solvent and the way to do it is
to raise payroll taxes periodically. "You don't get free food unless you rob cheese from a mousetrap..." goes an eastern european saying.

So, you see what I am getting at--if you are not some sort of "rube or goob". Social Security,etc. is money hard-earned and you will need it in the future. So, for goodness sakes, don't vote for idiots who won't safeguard the future security of our social security, medicare, & medicaid system. Remember what they do and vote progressive in 2014. Nine times out of ten, that means vote Democratic. There are a few good independents out there. One is named Barney Frank.

There is no sense in negating decades of history
because of some GOP stock market whims. Social Security should NEVER
be backed up by the stock market. You see what may happen in the stock
market since 2007, especially... Our taxes go for great things. There is no
such thing as "sovereign citizenship". All of us must pay taxes for the support
of the government. We obey the laws of the land. We protest the laws we
don't like and get them changed. We tough it out and pay our taxes like good citizens. That is patriotism, in a simple way, when we pay our fair share. 8)

What in the world is happening today? Brought to you by your local service recruiter...
Kind Folks & Gentle People, It all sounds might tasty. My sardonic humor is going overboard. 8) :wink: This tire swing of a congress has its ups & downs. Chances of popularity going below 28% for the republican aisle is 80%...Groundhog Day: It is back to 1995 again, with a strange
twist...A soul brother is president & he isn't gonna look at the 20 8 X 10 tea party republicans
obstructing the country's business. He will rule, eventually, like Clinton did, by executive order.
Yessir, where is Huey Long, de Kingfish when we needs him? A chicken in every pot & a pot in every chicken...Furthermore, let 'em grow hemp in Kentucky & elsewhere. Hell, they used to make
paper & clothing out of it; moreover, in some places, they still do...Look at Colorado & Washington State. Washington, himself, had a hemp farm. :mrgreen: :lol: Print more
wampum, & keep the big bills in Fort Knox. :mrgreen: "Get rhythm, if you gets the blues..."
These remarks begin a continuation of a TOPIC: HISTORY IS A SOLUTION, PART 2.
Soon to be a major motion picture, as my mentor, Dr. Hunter Thompson, used to say.

Re: History is a Solution, Part 2

Listen to the voice of the "Kingfish": Huey Long in the 1930s...See link on Youtube.
"Share the Wealth"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hphgHi6FD8k

I think our modern "Kingfish" is former President Bill Clinton. See his guest appearance on
David Letterman on Sept. 23, 2013...Listen to great solutions about clean water, using good influence, etc. 8) See link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ju_QQomjE

SEE OLD PAGES 1-4 in History is a Solution, Reprise.

Steve Plonk

Re: History is a Solution, Part 2

Post by Steve Plonk » July 16th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Postby Steve Plonk » April 21st, 2011, 11:23 pm
Most of all, perhaps, we need intimate knowledge of the past. Not that the past has any magic about it, but because we cannot study the future, and yet need something to set against the present, to remind us that the basic
assumptions have been quite different in different periods and that much
which seems certain to the uneducated is merely temporary fashion . . the
scholar has lived in many times and is therefore in some degree immune from
the great cataract of nonsense that pours from the press and the microphone
of his own age.

C.S. Lewis
"Learning in War-Time
in The Weight of Glory",
Grand Rapids, Ml, Eerdmans Publishing Co., 50-51

Get out an updated history book and compare it to the one you had in school.
Much has happened since that time, no matter how you slice it. We all have
a selected memory of what "really happened"! So I cannot discount my own personal history for fear of going through these things twice...Boo yah!

Reprinted from Mnaz's thread, "History is the Problem"...See date above.

Return to “Life in the Horse Lane”